Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2004 9:48:02 PM EDT
I originally went to get the book about 10 days ago.  I was told they didn't have it and they put my name on a list to be called.

I called 8/21 to see if it had arrived.  I was told yes, but that they were nearly out.  I mentioned the list and the rep pulled it up on the puter and told me my order had been cancelled for some reason.  I told him to hold two copies for me and that I would there in a hour to get them.

I went to the store and two copies were indeed on hold for me.  As I was walking around to see if I wanted to give any more $ to B&N, I spied the I-Hate-Bush tabled filled with books about the evil of Bush, Rove, Christians, Republicans, Conservatives, etc.  I decided they didn't need my money.

A guy saw me holding a copy and asked me where they were.  I told them they were out and then handed one of the copies to him saying that I didn't really need two.  He said he was voting for Bush anyway, but he wanted to read the book.  

While I was home reading the book, B&N called to apologize for cancelling my order.  The rep said that B&N had been promised 60,000 copes but that only 30,000 had arrived and that demand was overwhelming.  He said he thought I woudl be able to get a copy by Wednesday.  I told him my experience about getting the book.  Again he mentioned that the demand for the book was much greater than B&N had expected and that they were hustling to get more copies.

As for the book.....Kerry is much more than a liar.  He is a traitor.  Mdm. Bihn, a NVA rep at the Paris Peace Talks met several times with Kerry in Paris in 1972 while Kerry was still on the Navy payroll.  They discussed ways of helping NVN get what they wanted from the peace talks.

In a book published several years ago, A Better War, mention is given there that M. Bihn was in contact with anti-war groups in the US and coordinated their actions to coincide with battlefield actions.  Kerry wasn't mentioned in ABW; but in UFC, his meetings with the NVN commies, watched by the FBI, are well detailed and well-documented.

Kerry should have been court-martialed.  He was not released from Navy service until 1978.  Well prior to that time, we was working with the enemy.

The rest of the stuff is well known.  He was and remains a liar.  It is quite possible that he is a pathological liar.

In any event, to call Kerry unfit for command is in the very least, a gross understatement.

B&N also told me that the book will not be officially released until 8/31.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:10:35 AM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:16:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:18:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Perhaps this was what was in the FBI files that were "stolen" from Kerry's biographers house?
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=236175

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:20:45 AM EDT
[#4]
wouldn't suprise me at all
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top