Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2004 9:15:55 PM EDT
Only fell off the wagon for a couple cigs when I went to Perry. I sort of thought that might happen.
Went back on the instant I cleared the gate and headed home.

It is NOT any easier.

I still get the urge daily.

It's just that you get used to the urge going unanswered.

I am NOT nicotine free yey, still doing Skoal Bandits.

I've found a nicotine free snuff in pouches like Skoal Bandits.

In a while, I'll get off the Skoal using a reversal of the tecnique I used to get off the cigs.

I got off the cigs by changing the ritual I use to get nicotine. Now I'l get off nicotine by continuing to use snuff, but using nicotine free snuff instead of Skoal.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:44:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Good for you!  Smoking is a nasty habit.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:49:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I quit chewing copenhagen a month ago....

I still get really hormonal

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:58:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I quit chewing copenhagen a month ago....

I still get the urge.. but I dont' really want to kill a dozen people just because I hate them.

I still want to destroy the lives of most of the people I know.. yet at the same time.. the urge only lasts an hour.

I still want to just freakin' pound the crap outta every stupid blackhearted son-of-a-bitch who even thinks that this is not a pain in the ass.

I will survive this.

Everyone I've ever met will survive this.

Lucky them.

Day 5 smoke free was the worst. I ran into an asshole and when he lipped off at me I grinned an evil grin and suggested we go the whole mile. I told him I was a 35 year smoer that hadn't had a smoke in 5 days. His wife grabbed his ear and carted him off.

"Please don't hurt my husband. He's an asshole, but he's all I have," she implored.

The good side: He really was an asshole that deserved it and not some sweet little old lady that didn't.

Day 5 was the roughest.

You WILL survive.

An idea: Get some nicotine free snuff and contiue the ritual (dipping) and get nicotine free.

After that, the ritual will probably fall off on itself.

You WILL survive.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#4]
pic,

Whatever and however you do it, good for you.
Just make sure you do it 'GUILT-FREE'...!

Bus
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:01:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:02:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats!

(And has it been two weeks so we can ge the SEC & Camp Perry story yet?)
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Congrats!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=266508
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Congrats!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=266508

Musta missed that one.

And congrats on the smoke-free bit once again!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:16:55 PM EDT
[#9]
feels good to be tabacco free, 1 year for me in Oct
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:34:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I got off the cigs by changing the ritual I use to get nicotine. Now I'l get off nicotine by continuing to use snuff, but using nicotine free snuff instead of Skoal.

Oh boy, you're really some tough sledding at it. I wish you a strong fortitude so that you can break that nasty tobacco habit. I bet if you tried real hard and put that tobacco money in a jar you would have enough money for a CMP Garand. Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:52:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh boy, you're really some tough sledding at it. I wish you a strong fortitude so that you can break that nasty tobacco habit. I bet if you tried real hard and put that tobacco money in a jar you would have enough money for a CMP Garand. Good luck!

I always keep my eye on the prize.

After 1.5 months... I get to make payments on the KTM 450 EXC or 300EXC dirtbike.  You decide which you'd rather have... I'll decide which I get.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:56:57 PM EDT
[#12]
i week ago thursdaday for me i have been using commit lozenges with very good effect but use a small bit of copenhagen when it gets too bad but i have not wanted to smoke im just not ready to let go of the other shit yet ive smoked for 30 years since i was 10 and its not been that bad to quit oddley enough tell evryone you know that you have stopped smoking that way if you feel like your going to slip pride kicks in and you dont want to fail if you have kids and make a big deal out of quiting they are not going to let you get off to easy but holy shit i do beleave ive stopped for good this time hang in there you will do it tookeep in mind 2 packs a day is around 2 grand a year nice gun i can put together for that with the ban ending
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:58:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try a BRAND NEW Space gun! 365x $3.50=1 custom space upper. WITH SIGHTS!

The nicotine part should be a lot easier than he smoking itself part.

The addiction to the ritual itself(smoking) goes pretty deep. I'm 52 YO. My mentors were the WW2 gang and most of them smoked. Smoking actually roots down to being a part of one's self-iage. I figure the nicotine addiction to be secondary, Beating the ritual ought to prove to be the difficult part, once this is all behind me.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:02:34 PM EDT
[#14]
There are $3,000 + potato guns out there disguised as t-shirt guns driven by marketing departments....

I say... that potato gun is pretty freakin' sweet.  I don't have $3,500 to buy it and they can't give it to me as a prize for being soooooo cool.

Otherwise... it's sweet.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:11:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Keep at it.  As long as you keep the effort going, you're progressing even through an occasional slip.  Since you can't switch to "lights" (guessing they don't make that kind of snuff) maybe you could mix into your skoal some of the non-tobacco stuff.

Rather than actually doing anything FOR you, I believe nicotine sneakily triggers bad juju when your level goes down.  Ingesting a bit does nothing for the actual crap you face, but by reducing the nicotine - induced craving, you're fooled into thinking that it does.

Try taking up the harmonica / blues harp.......

Have you stopped producing those gross loogies that coat your lungs?  That's usually a good sign.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:30:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Although I can't stand Skull , Copenhagen makes the same.  They actually call them pouches.
I'm not all about that menty freah taste.  Anyway Congrads!!!  Whatever it takes.  I'm done to my last 2 smokes "again" and then off to dip world I go for a few weeks then done.  I used this to stop hell 7 or 8 years ago and it worked great.

Whatever you think your body is telling you know that its lie-ing to you.  And belive it or not a Nic attack last no more than 3 mins max.  I know I didn't belive it either until  I  read about it and then started timming them.  You can make pussy 3 mins!!!!

Wolf
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:54:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Good for you, Piccolo!  Hang in there!  Save the money you spent on cigarettes and buy something you really, really want.  Mine was quitting in 7/15/89 (thanks Nicorette!) and two packs X day X 11 years = 2001 Harley Davidson Road King, 1556 cc Big Bore w/ cams, Wild 1 16" apehangers, detachable kit, chrome, oil cooler, etc.  When I miss smoking, I hop on and fire up the garage Vandersteens and ask myself, do you want to do this or kill yourself slowly?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:01:58 AM EDT
[#18]
http://whyquit.com/

Always helps

Wolf
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:16:45 AM EDT
[#19]
good job.  hang in there.  6 months smoke-free here
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#20]
My grandson is sick, and I do not mean a cold.

I bought my first pack after 3 months being smoke free.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:19:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Piccolo, congrats, read all the posts when you first quit, glad you updated us.  I've been nicotine free for 2 weeks now, have been chewing gum and eating sunflower seeds non-stop since.  so instead of cancer I have cavities and high blood pressure.   Glad to hear your doing good, give us updates every now and then.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Keep up the good work, i am trying to quit myself and i know how hard it is.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:14:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Hi guys,

More power to all you guys trying to quit smoking. I got my uncle and Lord knows how many other people off the smoky treats by sending them to Windsor Canada. They have a place called the Windsor Laser Institute that uses a non invasive laser to hit accupuncture points on your hands arms and ears to produce the seratonin release that makes cigarettes addictive.

My uncle is an old ex pot smoker, he is 50 now, and he said the rush he got from the treatment was like a great thai stick high. He said it just goes right thru your body. He works for me and when he came in from the treatment, he was so happy and giggly for 3 days I wanted to kill him. He was on seratonin overload... which eventually evened out. What it does is get you past the point of jonesing for a smoke by having enough seratonin running around in your system. But... you have to be "ready" to quit smoking. He was ready and this got him past it. The treatment lasts for 4 weeks I believe and you get a free booster if you need it.

I cant tell you how many people I have given that number to. One guy in a wholesale house I go to, would thank me with absolute adoration in his eyes for giving him that number and letting him quit a 35 year habit that was killing him. HE gave the number to Lord knows how many people.

Anyway, enough blabbing...

Good luck all!!

Dram out
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:45:38 PM EDT
[#24]
wts the number and whats the price tag on that treatment?

Wolf
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Try a BRAND NEW Space gun! 365x $3.50=1 custom space upper. WITH SIGHTS!

$3.50 for cigarettes, that's pretty cheap, here in Kali-fornia, with all of the taxes, it is $5/pack. $5x365=$1,825. That's some pretty serious money!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top