Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2004 8:34:18 PM EDT
I am an official tinfoil hat wearer. I have cut caffine out of my life, and carbonated drinks. I have just quit smoking, and already do not drink alcohol. I was in the grocery store and began to think about each item I was buying. Just what am I getting for my money? Fruit juice, from that I am getting vitamins. Cheese gives me calcium. And on and on I went. But then I thought what are cigarette's and soda giving me? Just what am I paying all this money for? Nothing. They are not giving me anything, in fact they are taking my health and youth from me. This is where it gets weird I actually began to think about the people profiting from the cigarettes and soda, and thought, "They are trying to kill me!" But why are they trying to kill me? What is their plan and why am I letting them kill me? Then I moved into the frozen foods section and saw a five dollar box of frozen french toast. French toast is easy and inexpensive when made at home. I then found myself wondering if the frozen french toast people were in on this murderous plan with the tobacco and soda companies. Yup, stark raving mad I am. But wish me luck on a healthier lifestyle.

ETA - Anyone else go crazy in grocery stores?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:37:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I raise my glass of Guiness Extra Stout to you.

SG
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:39:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

SG

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:40:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am an official tinfoil hat wearer. I have cut caffine out of my life, and carbonated drinks. I have just quit smoking, and already do not drink alcohol. I was in the grocery store and began to think about each item I was buying. Just what am I getting for my money? Fruit juice, from that I am getting vitamins. Cheese gives me calcium. And on and on I went. But then I thought what are cigarette's and soda giving me? Just what am I paying all this money for? Nothing. They are not giving me anything, in fact they are taking my health and youth from me. This is where it gets weird I actually began to think about the people profiting from the cigarettes and soda, and thought, "They are trying to kill me!" But why are they trying to kill me? What is their plan and why am I letting them kill me? Then I moved into the frozen foods section and saw a five dollar box of frozen french toast. French toast is easy and inexpensive when made at home. I then found myself wondering if the frozen french toast people were in on this murderous plan with the tobacco and soda companies. Yup, stark raving mad I am. But wish me luck on a healthier lifestyle.

Sounds like you need a smaoke and a drink.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:41:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm addicted to IBC Root Beer.....

But other than that, I've cut out soda / carbonated beverages.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:42:01 PM EDT
[#5]
um...good luck on your healthier lifestyle
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I quit brushing my teeth, Flouride turns us into pacifists
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:49:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I haven't eaten a candy bar or a soda in a few years.

My foods consist of meat, cheese, oats.. and basically anything with a lot of protein.  And water of course.

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:52:32 PM EDT
[#8]
p o e    pure bodily fluids / peace on earth
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#9]
its in ice cream...children's ice cream...you like ice cream?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#10]
i cut out caffiene a little over a month ago.  i'm hoping it helps with my sleeping problems.  i only drink pop when i go out to eat.  never smoked, drug free, just started jogging to get into shape.  unfortunatley i started drinking more often in the last couple of weeks..which led to a few less than stellar choices i've made.

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
i started drinking more often in the last couple of weeks..which led to a few less than stellar choices i've made.

Funny how that can happen where booze is involved...  
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SG

Thanks.

Congratulations.

BTW, Guinness (TWO N'S!) is health food.  It's loaded with anti-oxidants.  The alcohol is just an added bonus.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:24:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I quit brushing my teeth, Flouride turns us into pacifists

Toms' of Maine toothpaste without flouride.  Just one of many non-flouridated options out there.  I don't brush with flouride toothpaste because thyroid disease runs in my family, and there is mounting evidence that flouridated water and toothpaste may help aggravate the problem.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:26:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I agree with you although I have only cut back on caffeine. I haven't drank alcohol in years.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:32:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I recntly had a conversation with my aging father who is deaply religious.  Recently the doctors have made him quit smoking, drinking, and he can no longer go fishing either.  My father clearly stated that he believes there is cigerettes, booze, lots of sex, and plenty of fishing in Heaven.

And if there isn't he will ask to leave.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:33:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:37:46 PM EDT
[#17]
I quit chewing copenhagen 4 weeks ago.  I gained 35 freakin' pounds!!!!

Now I'm going to diet.

I just hope I don't attack everyone I've ever met with a pick-axe.  This hormonal imbalance thing absolutely sucks.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:43:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Another person who is gonna die healthy!!!!

An 80 year old man goes in to see his doctor for his annual check up.
He asks the doc if he will live to see 90.
THe doc ask:
"Do you drink?"

THe man says no.

"Do you smoke?"

Again the man answers no.

"Do you gamble?"

Once again the man says no.

"Do you chase women?"

The man replies no, again.

THen the doc asks: "Then why in the hell would you WANT to live to see 90?"

Just kidding... Congrats on the smoking thing. That and Mt. Dew are my 2 biggest vices (third
is 7-11 hotdogs!!)
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#19]
good joke Hydguy.  Sgtar15, why can't he go fishing?  physical issues?  fishing has got to be one of the best therapuetic (sp?) activities out there.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:51:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, I hate going to the grocery store.  It's not RDS so much as it is diabetes.  Fun fun fun... NOT!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:52:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
 Sgtar15, why can't he go fishing?  physical issues?  

Heart issues and can't raise his arms anymore.  He is 77 and has fished for 70 of those years.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:58:24 PM EDT
[#22]
General Jack D. Ripper : Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Mandrake, children's ice cream.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake : Lord, Jack.

General Jack D. Ripper : You know when fluoridation first began?

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake : I... no, no. I don't, Jack.

General Jack D. Ripper : Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake : Uh, Jack, Jack, listen, tell me, tell me, Jack. When did you first... become... well, develop this theory?

General Jack D. Ripper : Well, I, uh... I... I... first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake : Hmm.

General Jack D. Ripper : Yes, a uh, a profound sense of fatigue... a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I... I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake : Hmm.

General Jack D. Ripper : I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh... I do not avoid women, Mandrake.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake : No.

General Jack D. Ripper : But I... I do deny them my essence.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:18:51 PM EDT
[#23]
General "Buck" Turgidson : General Ripper called Strategic Air Command headquarters shortly after he issued the go code. I have a phone transcript of that conversation if you'd like me to to read it.

President Merkin Muffley : Read it!

General "Buck" Turgidson : Ahem... The Duty Officer asked General Ripper to confirm the fact that he *had* issued the go code, and he said, uh, "Yes gentlemen, they are on their way in, and nobody can bring them back. For the sake of our country, and our way of life, I suggest you get the rest of SAC in after them. Otherwise, we will be totally destroyed by Red retaliation. Uh, my boys will give you the best kind of start, 1400 megatons worth, and you sure as hell won't stop them now, uhuh. Uh, so let's get going, there's no other choice. God willing, we will prevail, in peace and freedom from fear, and in true health, through the purity and essence of our natural... fluids. God bless you all" and he hung up.

General "Buck" Turgidson : Uh, we're, still trying to figure out the meaning of that last phrase, sir.

President Merkin Muffley : There's nothing to figure out, General Turgidson. This man is obviously a psychotic.

General "Buck" Turgidson : We-he-ell, uh, I'd like to hold off judgement on a thing like that, sir, until all the facts are in.

President Merkin Muffley : General Turgidson! When you instituted the human reliability tests, you *assured* me there was *no* possibility of such a thing *ever* occurring!

General "Buck" Turgidson : Well, I, uh, don't think it's quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir.

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:25:03 PM EDT
[#24]
All I buy at the grocery store is red meat and potatoes.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:26:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:55:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:10:54 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm on a restricted diet. No stewed squash.
Not so tough.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:14:50 AM EDT
[#28]
I drink nothing but grain alcohol and rain water.

You ever see a commie drink water?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:17:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Two drinks a day are good for you.  You just have to stop at two.  Good thing you laid the smokes down.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:35:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:42:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:48:53 AM EDT
[#32]
I gave up nicotine while I was still a teen. I gave up caffeine in my early 20's. I'm now 27 and just this year I started watching what I eat somewhat. I try to avoid eating foods that are bad for cholesterol as much as possible, but I still allow myself to have some of those from time to time anyway. I also gave up soft drinks and pretty much just drink water and various fruit flavored stuff that's loaded in vitamin C. So far what I'm doing must be working as I'm not too much heavier than I was in high school (I'm 5'11" and weigh 175 lbs now) and physically I'm in pretty good shape. And I never get drunk. I do like a beer from time to time but just don't like getting shitfaced like I did when I was younger and more stupid.

With that said, unless forced to do so, I feel that's about all I'm willing to give up right now. I have to hang on to a few bad habits to help keep me sane. One of those is hanging out here so much! Basically when I'm not sleeping, working or exercising, or shooting, I will be here.

-CH
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:50:16 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I just hope I don't attack everyone I've ever met with a pick-axe.  This hormonal imbalance thing absolutely sucks.  

Apparently someone needs to brush their teeth more, so the floride kicks in!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:04:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Hey 82nd, what is NIDDM?

BTW, I went on the South Beach Diet for 5 weeks and lost 15 lbs, the exact amt. of weight I was trying to lose.

I drink no alcohol, but I dip Cope., smoke cigars (don't inhale) and I drink about 4-8 cups of coffee/day.

Balming
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:15:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:25:22 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Smoking is absolutely one of the worst things you can do to your body, and it is truely paying others to poison you slowly with an addictive drug.  Good for you for quitting.

-Troy

+1 smokers dont only slowly kill themselves but the others they smoke around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top