Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2004 8:31:29 PM EDT
I am very glad to see it go away, but the sunset of the ban is really not going to affect me that much.

I have always had pre-ban ARs and about 50 mags. I have never paid more than $10 for an AR mag.

I only have one hi-cap pistol, which is Glock 17, and have 7 mags for it that I didn't pay more than $35 each   for.

I guess I have weathered the ban pretty well and really don't have a need to rush out and buy anything Sept.14.

Anyone else in this boat?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#1]

I will be SO glad when I get out of here and CAN be affected by the ban going bye-by.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#2]
the sunset affects all of us! for one of the first times in history, we will be gaining back some of our rights! under the leadership of President Bush

www.georgewbush.com
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:54:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Ban doesnt affect me one bit
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I won't be rushing out to reconfigure the ARs I already have, but any new ones I buy will surely be in the correct configuration.

As far as mags go, I have a couple of hicaps to pick up for my Sig and plan to get some for my 10/22s.  Other than that, it's just the warm fuzzy feeling of knowing that I CAN!!

Woody
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:59:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Do you wish it did?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:03:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm sure not goig to rush out and get my match grade service rifle barrel threaded to accept a flash hider, nor wil I re-frontsight it for a bayo lug.

Still, it'll be a pretty good morale booster for me.

(BTW, this sunset does NOT come under the leadership of GWB. He'd sign a renewal in a second.)
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:08:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
the sunset affects all of us! for one of the first times in history, we will be gaining back some of our rights! under the leadership of President Bush

www.georgewbush.com

Umm, while I agree that Bush hasn't extended it (good for us) He's just a victim of circumstance.
IIRC, the only way they got the damn thing passed when Klintler was in office was to include the sunset.
Bush just happens to be at the right place at the right time.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:10:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not affected by the sunset but I'm on the exact opposite end of the spectrum - I live in California.

I have only one pre-ban AR-15.  When the federal law sunsets, the California laws will remain in effect so I will have only the one.  I was smart enough to buy an AR before the California laws kicked in, but I should have purchased several not one.  

I have magazines but can get no more.  I'm not even sure if it's legal to get repair parts because these are wearing out.  

Can I legally get magazine bodies to replace the worn magazine lips on these?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:14:11 PM EDT
[#9]
You should make the title of this post "Nah, nah nah nah! I never paid over retail for pre-ban goodies!" j/k

Yeah, the ban will affect me alot. It will allow me to re-build my stripped Armalite lower, which I bought as a complete rifle back in mid 99, in nowhere else but an actual legitmate retail gun store in, *gasp*, CALIFORNIA!

Never paid full price for magazines either. I bought a bunch in '95. I think it was something like 3 mags for 35 bucks, so I bought about 9 (hey, only had one rifle!). Which I still have. I also got 2 free 30rnd magazines from the gun shop I bought my Armalite at because they forgot to DROS my rifle when I bought it and when I came to pick it up, they realized the mistake and had to make me wait 10 more days. I was satisfied with the compensation.

Even though I still live in CA, I have my parents home in AZ to keep my stash of toys.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:17:35 PM EDT
[#10]
it might affect your futures purchases.  the only thing i'm looking forward to is standard capacity mags, hopefully they'll be flowing at decent prices soon.  especially 10/22 mags.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
(BTW, this sunset does NOT come under the leadership of GWB. He'd sign a renewal in a second.)

You got that right. Tom DeLay is the one responsible for this going bye-bye.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:23:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you wish it did?

I wish I could get "post ban" rifles
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:44:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:20:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Sssshh! Troy, be quiet.  Don't do that kind of analysis in public.  They're listening.  Keep it quiet!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:45:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you wish it did?

I wish I could get "post ban" rifles

How does an Australian go about buying a gun? Is it pretty much not possible?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:52:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Ban effects me less.  We get our regular capacity magazines, but unless I can talk some of you folks with your Prebans into trading them into CT, then we're stuck with our neutered ARs.

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:14:05 PM EDT
[#17]
If you live in MA,nothing is going to change. We're screwed.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:16:53 PM EDT
[#18]
It will affect everybody on Arfcom because hopefully there won't be any more stupid AWB threads!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:16:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I feel for the CA folks!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:42:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Any state that has more restricitive AW laws wont be affected.  I frankly wouldn't be surprised if some states come up with more restrictive laws after all hooforah and publicity over the "ban" going away.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:46:06 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Any state that has more restricitive AW laws wont be affected.  I frankly wouldn't be surprised if some states come up with more restrictive laws after all hooforah and publicity over the "ban" going away.

Here in california our post-bans can and will become (POOF!) pre-bans.  What do you know, my post-ban PWA looks like it has a new Bushy M4 pre-ban on top, but I'm from Kali, what the h*ll do I know?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:57:29 AM EDT
[#22]
I'd like to get a telescoping stock.

Cheaper magazines would be nice too.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:21:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Still living in the late 90's here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top