Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2004 8:16:44 PM EDT
I got this from the freedom medal site.

www.medaloffreedom.com/JamesBrady.htm

Seems like Old Slick Willy gave Jim Brady a Freedom Medal for wanting to take away our rights. Now for the worst part that almost made me puke. The reason Sarah hates guns sooooo much, is that her 6 year old son picked up a .38 that was left by a construction foreman in his truck. It enraged her so much, she went NUTS! You have no idea what I would like to say over this. Something a little worse than, "this B*&^$ wants to undue the Bill of Rights because some dumb a$$ didn't keep track of his pistol and she got pissed about it. She can go...." She is a stupid idiot! Idiot I say!

By Sarah Brady

I drove us out, and we all looked forward to our stay. Our visits there had always been fun. Almost everyone in town knew everyone else, and Jim had so many friends. It was a typical small Midwestern town.

We had been there for a day or two when a dear friend, Dorothy Mann, came to get us for an outing. The Manns were transplanted Texans who owned a construction company that built railroad ties for the southern railroads - a very lucrative business. When I first met them, they lived next door to the Bradys in a huge, charming Victorian house. The matriarch, Marie, was in her seventies at the time, a widow. The rest of the clan included Marie's daughter Dorothy, Dorothy's husband A.C., and their three living children, who were a bit younger than Jim and me. Dorothy and A.C.'s youngest child, Mike, had killed himself in the early 1970s, when he was a student in high school.

The Manns had been friends of Jim's for years. They threw an engagement party for us, and we always spent lots of time with them when we were out there. In the years since I first met them, they had sold the Victorian homestead and bought a new place on the edge of town. It had lots of land and a swimming pool, and it became the center of social life for many people in Centralia.

On that summer day in 1985, Dorothy and the manager of the construction company were out doing errands, and they stopped by in their pickup truck with the idea that maybe Scott and I would like to come out to the house and go swimming. We loved the idea, so we got our suits and went out to the truck. Scott got in first, and I climbed in behind him. He picked up off the seat what looked like a toy gun, and started waving it around, and I thought this was a perfect chance to talk to him about safety. So I took the little gun from him, intending to say he must never point even a toy gun at anyone. As soon as I got it into my hand, I realized it was no toy. It was a fully loaded little Saturday-night special, very much like the one that had shot Jim.

I cannot even begin to describe the rage that went through me. To think that my precious little boy, six years old, had actually held a loaded .22 that somebody, that manager, had left it there, out on the seat, pushed me right over the edge. The Manns had little children around all the time, kids who were always in and out of everything. It wasn't as if they lived in some kind of adult cocoon. And here was this gun - I couldn't believe it!

Dorothy hopped in next to me, and the manager got in. I handed the gun to Dorothy and asked her to put it away. I didn't want to see it again, I said - get rid of it. They both could tell that I was extremely angry. The manager made some lame excuse about how he had to have that for self-protection against union members in St. Louis. I didn't reply.

All the way out to the Manns' I could think of nothing else. When we got there, I could hardly speak to anyone. I was disappointed and shocked. My father had been an FBI agent, and I'd grown up with a gun in my home. But I had never, ever seen such stupidity - someone just allowing a gun to lie around. I loved Dorothy Mann with all my heart. But her own son had shot himself. How could she have allowed that fellow to have a gun where a child could get hold of it?

Suddenly, I just wanted to get out of Centralia. I know I over-reacted, but I was panic-stricken on Scott's behalf. I called my mother and told her what had happened. Bill and my father had owned an Enfield rifle, and I asked Mother where it was. I said please just make sure that rifle is not there at your house. It wasn't. It was at Bill's place. But by the time I got back to Washington, I was at a point where I didn't want Scott anywhere unless I could watch him every second. Anyone might have a gun lying around. And anyone could get hold of it.

A couple of days after we got back, we were spending a typical August evening at home. We'd finished dinner, and I was washing the dishes while listening to the news on television. I heard a report that the National Rifle Association was pushing a bill called McClure-Volkmer after its sponsors, Republican Senator James A. McClure of Idaho and Democrat Harold L. Volkmer of Missouri. The bill, according to the report, would do away with the 1968 gun control act.

Instantly, all the fury that had hit me that day in the pickup truck came rushing back. I knew the 1968 law well, from my days working for Congressman Mike McKevitt. It had been passed after the deaths of two of my heroes, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Robert F. Kennedy. It was a small, sensible measure that essentially set age limits for gun buyers - you had to be 18 to purchase a long gun and 21 to get a hand gun - imposed some inspection and bookkeeping requirements on gun dealers, set up some guidelines for interstate sales, and banned the importation of Saturday night specials. It was not, by any means, a restrictive law. In fact, it had no teeth. Even though it required you to fill out a federal form when buying a gun from a dealer, a form that asked your name, address, and age and whether you were a fugitive or felon, there was no mechanism for checking out the truth of what you wrote, no background check. You were on your honor.

A sensible law, hardly an abrogation of anyone's rights. Yet here was the NRA, pushing this bill to rescind it.

I didn't even stop to think. I picked up the phone and called the National Rifle Association's Washington headquarters. I have no idea who answered. At that time in the evening, it may well have been a cleaning person. I didn't care. I just said, "My name is Sarah Brady, and you've never heard of me, but I am going to make it my life's ambition to try to put you all out of business."

The next day, I went to work.

Appeared in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on April 7, 2002.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:24:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Guns don't turn people into vegetables-bullets do.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:26:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:26:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Guns don't turn people into vegetables-bullets do.

Yeah, guns only work if a person pulls the trigger.  Still think guns kill people, Sara?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:27:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Hinckley shot the wrong Brady
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:27:33 PM EDT
[#6]

I didn't even stop to think. I picked up the phone and called the National Rifle Association's Washington headquarters. I have no idea who answered. At that time in the evening, it may well have been a cleaning person. I didn't care. I just said, "My name is Sarah Brady, and you've never heard of me, but I am going to make it my life's ambition to try to put you all out of business."

isnt it nice to know, that she will die, probably of lung cancer in the next few years, without making really any headway towards her ambition. Isnt it nice to know that the tide has turned, and the AWB is gone in less than a month.

I do find it especially disgusting that the bradys were given a "medal for freedom" for a lifes ambition of destroying freedom.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:27:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, and this bitch went and PURCHASED a RIFLE for her son (same one?) as a CHRISTMAS PRESENT a couple of years ago.

Yeah, I sure don't see any conflict there, do you?

It's a PERFECT example of the total disconnect these people have from any reality.  Few (if any) of us here could delude ourselves in that way, our heads would explode from the conflict.  These sons-of-bitches just keep on going like it's just perfectly normal to be a TOTAL HYPOCRITE.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#9]
So what if her kid had found a 22" dildo in the truck?

Smoke 'em if you got 'em, Bitch.

SG
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:28:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:28:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Che iz tetched in da hed!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#12]
That is the stupidest thing I have ever read.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:29:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Have another Camel, Sarah
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:33:25 PM EDT
[#14]

I didn't even stop to think.

Doesn't this say it all about the antis?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:00:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Dear God, what a load of crap. Let's see, I'm worried about my kid finding a gun somewhere. I could either 1) spend a couple of hours teaching him the rules of gun safety, so if that happens again, he will unload the gun, hand it to the guy, and nicely ask him to find a better place to keep it, or 2) devote my live to a campaign to rid the entire country of guns. Gee, I wonder which one is more likely to keep my kid safe.

I just don't get this mentality. These people would rather spend years and years working to take away our rights then admit that it's their responsibility to teach their kid what to do if he finds a gun somewhere. Why can't they just spend a little time preparing their kids to live in the real world?

Lucky for us, she didn't choose a real good time to start her "crusade". The Democrats were already on the way out, and her crowd's pushing the AWB just helped them along a little faster.

And I won't even get started on her astounding mischaracterization of what the GCA and FOPA do.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:02:03 PM EDT
[#16]
TOTAL HYPOCRITE

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

isnt it nice to know, that she will die, probably of lung cancer in the next few years, without making really any headway towards her ambition. Isnt it nice to know that the tide has turned, and the AWB is gone in less than a month.

I do find it especially disgusting that the bradys were given a "medal for freedom" for a lifes ambition of destroying freedom.

I am wondering if she pulled a Monika Lewinski for Billy, so Jim would get that medal.

And if you go through that site, you'll find that the majority of the elites in the country are the ones getting them. It's like their own little, "here's your medal and here's your medal. Oh, and lets not forget you, you gave my campaign a lot of money, so there you go." It's stupid. Then they give them to people that really deserve them. I'm suprised that Slick Willy didn't give Kerry and Kennedy one for being "hero's". What a bunch of ... Rant off. Sorry.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:18:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Doesn't she have 3 or 4 different stories about when she became anti-gun?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I am wondering if she pulled a Monika Lewinski for Billy, so Jim would get that medal.

thanks alot for that imagery. I really appreciate it.

I was about to go to sleep but now I'm scared I will have nighmares

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
She isn't right in the head.

No shyte, Sherlock....

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Reads like bad lesbian erotica.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I didn't even stop to think.

Doesn't this say it all about the antis?

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:25:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Did'nt she buy her son a hunting rifle?  That doesn't make much sense, does it.

dingdingdingding.

Amazing how folks make up shit to cover their power-lust, ain't it?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:55:05 PM EDT
[#24]
That whole thing about her being anti AFTER Jim got shot is BS. Read the book Thumbs Up, she states she was agianst guns when she met Jim Brady.....lying bitch
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:08:41 PM EDT
[#25]
I wonder what tack she will take if wee Scottie gets greased by a minivan full of Million Moms Marchers using cell phones and eating BigMac's while on the way to a Kerry rally...?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:15:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Funny thing is she was one of the best fundraisers for the NRA for years.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:18:34 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
That whole thing about her being anti AFTER Jim got shot is BS. Read the book Thumbs Up, she states she was agianst guns when she met Jim Brady.....lying bitch

You should email them and tell them that.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:27:27 PM EDT
[#28]
All I  can say is wow. She actually let this get out publicly? I'm no psycologist, but I think she is just a tad mental. Notice how she said "The pistol looked like the same one that shot Bill" -she probably doesn't even remember WHO shot him, just that a gun did it. Even a liberal can tell you she is nutty.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:05:12 AM EDT
[#29]
She's an old suburban woman who has too much idle time on her hands.  Her irrational and extreme reaction to the gun on the seat of the truck makes me believe that she has emotional problems also.  She is, in simple terms, a hateful bigot.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:12:51 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
"My name is Sarah Brady, and you've never heard of me, but I am going to make it my life's ambition to try to put you all out of business."

How does it feel to know you are an abject failure?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:33:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Yep, anyone that obsessive and worried that her boy MIGHT run across a gun somewhere, to the point she doesn't want to let him out of her sight, definately has issues!

If she were really that concerned about her boy, I guess she would also:

1. Worry constantly that her son might find a pond or swimming pool and fall in, drowning
2. Might step on a poisonous snake while outside and get bitten
3. Might get ran down by a vehicle while anywhere within 200 ft of a road
4. Might drink bleach or a bottle of PineSol while under the sink
5. Might accidentally fall on a knife or fork and impale himself during the process of eating
6. Might choke on the food which he is eating
7. Might catch the some sort of deadly disease from a kid at school or in public
8. Might be killed in a car crash
9. Might have an airplane suddenly and without warning fall on his head
10. Drown in his own bath tub
11. Doesn't let her son go outside and play because a tree might fal on him

You could go on and on. Now either she's just as freaked and paranoid about all of that other stuff too....which makes her a psychological and emotional wreck. Or she's just completely full of shit and trying to use the same scare tactic on mother's who don't know any better that the rest of the anti crowd like Feinstein uses. I vote for the latter. It's just an agenda, nothing more.

And one more thing......FUCK SARAH BRADY!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:36:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Something about that story doesn't sound right. Not sure what, it just sounds fake.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:53:24 AM EDT
[#33]
This is why Sarah Brady hates us so much...

Not as much as I hate her
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:58:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Sarah Brady = Domestic Enemy of the Constitution

To all those who took the oath, please do your duty.

"Fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"
                                                                                     -Sigmund Freud
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:02:12 AM EDT
[#35]
To the extent that she has reacted, I'd agree that she's somewhat screwed-up in the head.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:25:10 AM EDT
[#36]
I bet I hate her more than she hates me.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:34:44 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
"My name is Sarah Brady, and you've never heard of me, but I am going to make it my life's ambition to try to put you all out of business." Sarah Brady to NRA.

"My name is Phillip Morris, and you've never heard of me, but I am going to make it my life's ambition to try to put you all out of business." Phillip Morris to Sarah Brady.

My name is Jim landers, and you've never heard of me, but I am going to make it my life's ambition
to try to put you all out (Democrats)of business." Jim landers to Sarah Brady.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:01:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Sarah Brady never gave a damn about guns and she still doesn't. All she care about was maintaining her "Beltway" life style.

She saw her life in the public spotlight, (which was actually shining on Ronald Reagan) disappearing in the flash of Hinkley's revolver. She would never again be a DC socialite, she would be condemned to living in the shadows as the caretaker of a vegetable, forced to live on the meager disability pension of a has-been bureaucrat.

The liberals threw her a lifeline when they offered her an opportunity to make Jim Brady the proverbial "poster boy" for gun control. Remember, the key word here is not "gun", the key word is "control".
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:24:16 AM EDT
[#39]
That whole story of hers sounds like a made up bullshit lie. All her political ambitiions for her husband were dashed by a madman, and all she has for herself is to spin a web of  lies in order to maintain her status as an paid activist  for  HCI. Dumb Bitch probably can't make a living any other way except by prostituting her wounded and brain damaged husband around for her employers cause.

I have actually lost a close family member due to the carelessness of another. I firmly believe that if the parties involved would have excersised some common sense it could have  been avoided. There were some other conditions that led to the Death of this young child that should have been changed before the firearm was ever involved. Mrs. Brady and her ILK will never realize that you can't legislate commonsense, intelligence and behaviour into people especially if it was never there to begin with.
                                                     Stephen
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:33:20 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
"Fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"
                                                                                     -Sigmund Freud

I think this sums it up pretty well. I think Pale_Pony had it right about her not wanting to be out of the spot light. But I still think the number one thing with her is her screwed up maturity and is probably one of those women that are just total psychos.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:38:39 AM EDT
[#41]
I want to hear her story about being in Cambodia with John Kerry.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:53:01 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

She sure did - and "gave" it to him, so now he owns an "unregistered" rifle. Good for him - but what a fucking hipocrite he has for a mother.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:59:53 AM EDT
[#43]
That evil witch wouldn't have any rage at all if her child had come across nambla literature featuring adult men raping little boys at the democratic convention.  Go to hades, sarah brady.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:26:22 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

It isn't what she does with her life, it's what we do with ours that  bothers her.  Typical Democrat thinking.  NEED A LIGHT SARAH?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:35:59 AM EDT
[#45]
She sounds like a psychopath there is absolutly no reasoning with people like her she sees them as a threat and is scared to death of them. It reminds of them clean freak people where if they get a tiny speck of dirt on them they freak out like they are going to die any second from the dirt. People like this suffer from an Overreaction dis - order and must be medicated to treat their mental illness, after all its for the children.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:38:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#47]
pale pony said: "Sarah Brady never gave a damn about guns and she still doesn't. All she care about was maintaining her "Beltway" life style."

BINGO!!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:18:24 PM EDT
[#48]
I was just wondering who allowed her into Washington State....

MT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top