Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Woot.... new desktop!

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:59:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Well since the Demorats are trashing his service I thought I'd post it.

CRC
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:19:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:24:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:32:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Whaddaya know.

A guy running for President who isn't a goddamn motherfucking disgrace to the Uniform of our Country.

I still cannot fathom how anyone with even one functioning neuron could vote for JohnJohn Kerry.

SG
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:59:24 PM EDT
[#7]
You know folks want to bash GW for being in the national gaurd...  while Kerry actuall "risked" his life over in Viet Nam...   well Bush doesn't bring it up...   Kerry does...

Plus being a Pilot, I respect the danger represented in flying a single seat jet... especially in the 60's and 70's... those fellas mishap rates and mortality rates were huge...  

I'm just pulling numbers out of my rear and hoping they are close, but I think its something like this:

Today we have 1 mishap in something like 100,000 flight hrs...  those guys lost a pilot every couple thousand or so...  it was just part of operating a squadron.    It wasn't if someone was gonna become a smoking hole, but when...

another unrequested $.02

Top_prop
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:01:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

[Shrub]KERRY I AM GOING TO KICK YOUR ASS AND HIT YOU WITH A CROWBAR!!!![/Shrub]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:15:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:47:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Is it just me, or is his Flash Light missing the ring that holds on the filters?...
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:44:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You know folks want to bash GW for being in the national gaurd...  while Kerry actuall "risked" his life over in Viet Nam...   well Bush doesn't bring it up...   Kerry does...

Plus being a Pilot, I respect the danger represented in flying a single seat jet... especially in the 60's and 70's... those fellas mishap rates and mortality rates were huge...  

I'm just pulling numbers out of my rear and hoping they are close, but I think its something like this:

Today we have 1 mishap in something like 100,000 flight hrs...  those guys lost a pilot every couple thousand or so...  it was just part of operating a squadron.    It wasn't if someone was gonna become a smoking hole, but when...

another unrequested $.02

Top_prop

Somebody posted a link  a while back to some aviation website that had some infor re GW & his ANG service.  The F102 he flew had a much higher accident rate per flight hour than even the AV-8 Harrier which is known to be a twitchy, hard to fly 'widow maker'.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:56:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:58:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

another unrequested $.02

Top_prop

Somebody posted a link  a while back to some aviation website that had some infor re GW & his ANG service.  The F102 he flew had a much higher accident rate per flight hour than even the AV-8 Harrier which is known to be a twitchy, hard to fly 'widow maker'.  

I read that...it also went on to state that GWB ASKED FOR COMBAT!!! But they did away with the bird he was trained on and reassigned him or something...I don't remember the whole story!But it told the truth behind our chief's ANG days....good read if someone can find it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:04:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, BEEG +1 for the risk factor of flying single engine jets!!  

There is a reason the US Navy will only buy multi-engine a/c.

So Kerry risked his hide for God and country when he made his Christmas trip into Cambodia/Vietnam/Key West.

W risked it every time he strapped into that jet.

"Swift boat OIC's make movies... JET JOCKS MAKE HISTORY!!!"
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:05:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Is it just me, or is his Flash Light missing the ring that holds on the filters?...

I'm pretty sure it is you.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top