Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:37:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:46:17 AM EDT
[#3]

I'm still getting used to what "digital" camo (I believe "pixellated" is a more precise term) looks like.  People probably said the same thing when the woodland and 6-color desert patterns started to be worn in civilian settings.

I wear a knockoff woodland and a 3-color desert boonie from time to time - most functional and durable hats I've ever worn.  I view it the same as I view people wearing replica clothing from <pick a sport>.  Just because someone wears an Eagles #5 doesn't mean that he thinks he is Donovan McNabb, just that he's a fan.

And aren't many of us here who aren't/weren't in the military some of their biggest fans?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:53:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think I saw a pic of a former certain exArmy guy wearing his Marpat field jacket just today on another thread. Mmm who was is ? Ed someone ? Who do we know thats named Ed hmm ?

Yes,there is a picture of me wearing MarPat, and I am really in a bind as to what to do with it.

The jacket was GIVEN to me as a gift by Captain Brian Chontosh (I am sure Helldog40,another certified Marine, had a LOT to do with it ) ,as well as a patch from his unit.So I don't know what to do.

On the one hand,I do not want to insinuate I am a former Marine.Everyone here knows I am NOT one.But,on the other hand,I would like to wear the jacket that the brave Captain gave me,in HIS honor ..................................and to honor all other Marines.

Heck,I don't give a shit if anybody wears jump wings,82Abn patches,etc.....as long as they are not in uniform .I mean legs pretending to be paratroopers

Wear the jacket with pride.  I will wear my boonie with pride.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:06:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:08:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/brisk322/marpatIBTL.jpg

I'm still getting used to what "digital" camo (I believe "pixellated" is a more precise term) looks like.  People probably said the same thing when the woodland and 6-color desert patterns started to be worn in civilian settings.

I wear a knockoff woodland and a 3-color desert boonie from time to time - most functional and durable hats I've ever worn.  I view it the same as I view people wearing replica clothing from <pick a sport>.  Just because someone wears an Eagles #5 doesn't mean that he thinks he is Donovan McNabb, just that he's a fan.

And aren't many of us here who aren't/weren't in the military some of their biggest fans?

Yes we are!  A fan of  my father that fought in WWII.  and I am proud of any man or woman who puts on a Uniform from The United States of America.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think I saw a pic of a former certain exArmy guy wearing his Marpat field jacket just today on another thread. Mmm who was is ? Ed someone ? Who do we know thats named Ed hmm ?

Yes,there is a picture of me wearing MarPat, and I am really in a bind as to what to do with it.

The jacket was GIVEN to me as a gift by Captain Brian Chontosh (I am sure Helldog40,another certified Marine, had a LOT to do with it ) ,as well as a patch from his unit.So I don't know what to do.

On the one hand,I do not want to insinuate I am a former Marine.Everyone here knows I am NOT one.But,on the other hand,I would like to wear the jacket that the brave Captain gave me,in HIS honor ..................................and to honor all other Marines.

Heck,I don't give a shit if anybody wears jump wings,82Abn patches,etc.....as long as they are not in uniform .I mean legs pretending to be paratroopers

Ed
That jacket was a well thought out gift.  It would seem that you have been given permission from the standard bearers to display their colors.  The givers have said you earned it.  If you didnt wear it you would be insulting the Marines in a twisted logic kind of way ?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:38:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:10:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:16:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Let me take a tangent to the serious side...Marine or not the pattern and colors in the MARPAT woodland are much better than the old woodland.  The digital pattern does tend to confuse the eye...maybe just because it is new but it does work.  The base coyote color is much better at blending with the woods...especially when it gets wet.  The original woodland is way too dark.  At a distance all the colors blend into one big dark spot, that unless you are in the jungle, makes you stand out like a sore thumb.  Get it wet and it is even worse.

I've got a pair of original woodlands that has faded quite a bit and it works much better (at least in the woods of Alabama) than a new set.

IMHO
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top