Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2004 10:21:55 AM EDT
It's that time of the year, Dove season coming on, cooling down and the deer and hogs are starting to move. Bought my new hunting licence, price went up again as usual. Catch myself going thru my hunting clothes, equiptment, guns.

Today I will check my stand and feeders, possibly work on a food plot. Hogs are thick, may trap some before deer season. Fresh pork, Yum Yum!!

Counting down the days.. fullclip
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
It's that time of the year, Dove season coming on, cooling down and the deer and hogs are starting to move. Bought my new hunting licence, price went up again as usual. Catch myself going thru my hunting clothes, equiptment, guns.

Today I will check my stand and feeders, possibly work on a food plot. Hogs are thick, may trap some before deer season. Fresh pork, Yum Yum!!

That part always crack me up........have your deer been in a stupor or coma all summer?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:27:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I plan to go up to Temple, Texas to meet my buddy and we will be opening dove season on September 1.  I can hardly wait.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:34:19 AM EDT
[#3]

I'm always counting the days... Got all excited when I realized this morning that on Monday the drawing results for the Michigan Fall Turkey licenses will be posted... I'm sooooo ready to go after turkey...

October 1st starts archery deer here and I shoot my bow all year round at 3-D targets so I'm always ready... picked up 6 Magnus Stinger 4-blade 100 grain broadheads yesterday, then spent time looking at scopes for my new .50 Beowulf I'm going to carry during the firearm deer season...

The last few days the mornings have been a bit cooler and it really started the primal urge...  

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:42:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Dove season is the best.They are thick here in Central IL,especially with the Cool weather we have had.

I have been scratching my itch by shooting as much sporting Clays on the weekend as I can.

Bring 'em On!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:46:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I must say I'm not much of a dove hunter, but I am getting a seasonal itch of another type.....college football time is almost here again!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That part always crack me up........have your deer been in a stupor or coma all summer?

I think so. It has been so hot and dry around here that when the game finds a spot with grub and water they don't wander far. The daytime temps here are hard on them, espically the hogs. The unusual summer rain we got this month cooled things off and put some green in all the pastures, therefore they started to wander. fullclip
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:48:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I must say I'm not much of a dove hunter, but I am getting a seasonal itch of another type.....college football time is almost here again!

Football? What so you shoot them with?? .. fullclip
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:18:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn I wish I could hunt in texas for the lil flying dovey love them mmmmm wrapped in bacon grilled Not many here in Jacksonville Fla
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Football? What so you shoot them with?? .. fullclip

High quality Sony broadcast videocams that cost more than I make in 3 months.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Went to the range with 2 of my AR's.  One guy arrived with his scoped Redhawk, another with a Remington 7400 autoloader.  'Tis the season!  I feel my neck swelling already.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's just been so hot they don't move as much,and food supplies are drying up so now they have to get out and work more for it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I keep the itch....live and breath for hunting. Turkey in the Spring, Squirrel, Rabbit, Deer and Ducks come fall and winter. And for the rest of the year its hogs and varmints. I do take a little hiatus every now and again to do a little fishing.

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 1:05:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Someone mentioned doves......west TN appears to be near-devoid of doves right now. Normally we'd have several hundred feeding in our field, this year there are almost none.

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 1:07:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Someone mentioned doves......west TN appears to be near-devoid of doves right now. Normally we'd have several hundred feeding in our field, this year there are almost none.

They're all in Texas, waiting on Old_Painless to put them in a skillet.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 1:15:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They're all in Texas, waiting on Old_Painless to put them in a skillet.

If that is the case, please eat a few for me. I prefer them grilled, but I'm not picky.

<-----hoping for another cold snap to push us some birds in the next 2 weeks.....

<----glad deer don't migrate. Last Saturday in september........
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 2:55:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Bought my lisence yesterday!

Can't wait

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:03:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Anything but summer!

Fall/Winter person.

Cool days, target shooting in a sweatshirt.

Maybe some hunting.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:12:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I am!  Squirrel season starts in two weeks and bow season starts in 6.  Think I will buy myself a new bow this year.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:14:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Already put in for a vac. day, can't wait!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top