Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2004 7:13:40 AM EDT
Clicky

Fucking classic. Only have to read about the first 10 or 12 posts in the thread, look for the OP's posts....

Whowouldathunkit?? Guess I can just sell my socket set now eh?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:17:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:17:23 AM EDT
[#2]

HA! I got the oil out without taking the nut off. My car probably hates me now though. I just unscrewed the oil filter and turned the car on. Makes a mess because oil sprays everywhere, but I got the shit out of the car. Filled it up with mobile one and yeah.

more seriously, someone posted a link to this: www.fumotovalve.com/ a valve to replace your oil pan plug ... seems a little risky, any one use one?

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:19:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

HA! I got the oil out without taking the nut off. My car probably hates me now though. I just unscrewed the oil filter and turned the car on. Makes a mess because oil sprays everywhere, but I got the shit out of the car. Filled it up with mobile one and yeah.

more seriously, someone posted a link to this: www.fumotovalve.com/ a valve to replace your oil pan plug ... seems a little risky, any one use one?

ssl2.adhost.com/fumotovalve/graphics/valve2.JPG

Nearly every piston powered aircraft engine is equiped with a quick drain. It seems stupid that automobiles still have not incorperated them. A little engineering and it could be part of the sump with no danger of road damage. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:20:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Funny thing is that this guy probably thought he was some sort of genius for finding a work around the overtightened bolt.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:20:59 AM EDT
[#5]
WTF?????

Limp wristed ricers.

Star15
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:22:00 AM EDT
[#6]
They make a suction oil changer, looks like a pump up sprayer. We use them in the shop. You slip the tube down the dipstick tube and it sucks all the oil out in 2 minutes. Sping the filter off/on and then refill. They're great, especially for boats.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:24:06 AM EDT
[#7]

That is a joke right???

I'm not kidding. I'm not one to let my ass get kicked by a car

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:24:19 AM EDT
[#8]
You can also buy a fluid extraction tank for about $150 that you hook up top your shop air. I use mine for extracting old brake fluid, 1 man brake bleeding jobs and radiator fluid out of the overflow tank.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:25:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It seems stupid that automobiles still have not incorperated them. A little engineering and it could be part of the sump with no danger of road damage. Planerench out.

Agreed. I really do not understand my cars have this 100 y.o. technology.

SGtar15

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:41:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:46:29 AM EDT
[#11]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anyone get the mental picture of an Eminem lookalike, cap pulled down over his eyes, cussing annd swearing and finally starting his stupid-ass ricer with a huge wing on the back, spraying oil everywhere...then thinking "Yeah!  I'm one smart muthafucka!"

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:48:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anyone get the mental picture of an Eminem lookalike, cap pulled down over his eyes, cussing annd swearing and finally starting his stupid-ass ricer with a huge wing on the back, spraying oil everywhere...then thinking "Yeah!  I'm one smart muthafucka!"

Yep
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:01:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

ssl2.adhost.com/fumotovalve/graphics/Valve.gif

A cousin stcuk one on his pick'm truck and it seams to work fine.  Later on he welded a little cage like thingy to the oil pan protect it since it sticks out a little further than the normal plug.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:04:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Fram sells the valve with a hose for draining oil. Which reminds me it's time for a oil change
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:04:38 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
That guy doesn't know what a cheat bar (breaker bar in that thread) is?

The first time I changed the oil in my new (to me) cherokee, the drain plug needed 120 ft-lbs to open!  (Spec is 20.)  The filter was also on so tight that I eventually had to crush the thing flat with vise grips to get it off.  Oh well, it'll be easier next time.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:12:31 AM EDT
[#16]
your supposed to change the oil? I just thought when the check engine light comes on you add oil till it comes to the top of the filler neck
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:13:03 AM EDT
[#17]
I could bet any amount of money that he's trying to turn the bolt the wrong way.  Either that or he's trying to use a socket wrench set he picked up at a 99 cent store.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:31:31 AM EDT
[#18]

That guy doesn't know what a cheat bar (breaker bar in that thread) is?

Careful doing that on some newer cars.  The Chevy dealer overtightened the drain plug in my great-nephew's 2000 Corvette, and he broke the aluminium oil pan when he used a breaker bar.  That was a $900 mistake.  The really bad part is that even after taking it to multiple dealers over the past three years, the new oil pan still leaks.z
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:35:51 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:39:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Who are these people going around tightening oil drain plugs insanely tight? I worked at a tire shop for 6 months doing oil changes and tire swaps, and I never saw an oil plug I couldn't remove with my 3/8 breaker bar. And who charges $60 for an oil change?

Oh yeah, and that guy is nuts. I feel sorry for his car.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:52:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Who are these people going around tightening oil drain plugs insanely tight? I worked at a tire shop for 6 months doing oil changes and tire swaps, and I never saw an oil plug I couldn't remove with my 3/8 breaker bar. And who charges $60 for an oil change?

Oh yeah, and that guy is nuts. I feel sorry for his car.

It's the quickie change places.. They get a bunch of kids without a clue, give 'em airtools, and let 'em loose.  I've seen it happen from dealers as well.  Had this problem on my Civic after a 5-min pennzoil shop at the far end of a long trip did mine.  No idea what the actual torque was at, but I was about sure my socket wrench was gonna give up the ghost before the pan gave up the plug.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:11:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Damn Ricers!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:13:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:17:26 AM EDT
[#24]
OhMy God I still laughing at this guy.Sounds like something my Uncle would do.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:24:15 AM EDT
[#25]
You think THAT is cool? I drive a full size 72 passenger bus for my church on sundays. It is equiped with a turbodiesel Allison with Allison four speed auto transmission. I have power braked at a light and beat corvettes across the intersection. You know the type, he thinks he will accelerate around you and cut you off for a freeway on ramp or such. Oh, yeah he can stomp me once he gets going but if your green light reaction time is short and the power is instant you can see a corvette driver panic and maybe miss his first to second shift! Planerench out.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:43:05 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Fram sells the valve with a hose for draining oil. Which reminds me it's time for a oil change

Fram is a complete POS, compared to the fumoto.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#27]
I've got a crappy old peeling Dodge work van (with local gov't plates, yay!) that I use a lot for work.  It's a complete beater, but it's a well-tuned beater with a 5.7 V8.  Average rice hath not a chance, especially with a few hundred lbs of junked computer over the rear wheels ;)
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Well Fuck me Running !  Thought I had heard everything, Man was I wrong,  I would have liked to see what you would have done if the oil filter had not come off    

Quoted:

That is a joke right???

I'm not kidding. I'm not one to let my ass get kicked by a car

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:05:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Everytime my wife hears me laughing my as@ off, she knows what website I'am on, ya always get a good laugh here!

What an asshat.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:43:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quote:use a mutha fuckin pipe wrench

I got one ya'll can't top.  

Went hunting with a friend and he brought one of his buddys along.  Dude had a left hand that looked to be completly severed at one time or another.  When they put it back on its like the doc didn't get it alligned quite right.  I mean to tell you frankenstein has better lookin attachments than this.

So we take the jeep out to hunt some quail birds and leave "frank" at the camp.  After a few stops for quail I ask my hunting buddy how "frank" f'd his arm up so bad.  He said "you don't know"!!  I went 'hell no I just barely know "frank"'.

Seems ol Frank thought spending $60.00  to get his tires trued was too much.  So he jacks the rearend of the pickup off the ground and  puts it on jack stands.  Then he gets the old lady in the drivers seat to put the truck in drive and spin the back tires.  As ol Ted 'would say are you with me so far'.

YOU ARE NOW ENTERING THE DARWIN ZONE!!!!

Tires are spinning and he gets under the truck with a  circular saw, and guns down on the saw.  Now the tires are spinning at a high rate of speed when the blade hits the tire.  The tire grabs the blade and pulls the circular saw out of "franks" hand, spinning it around and cutting his hand off in one smooth motion.
I know this is unbelievable, you don't have to believe it, but I swear its true.  After that I stayed clear of ol "frank" when he had a gun in his hand, because I knew he was smooth ate up with the dumb ass.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Went hunting with a friend and he brought one of his buddys along.  Dude had a left hand that looked to be completly severed at one time or another.  When they put it back on its like the doc didn't get it alligned quite right.  I mean to tell you frankenstein has better lookin attachments than this.

So we take the jeep out to hunt some quail birds and leave "frank" at the camp.  After a few stops for quail I ask my hunting buddy how "frank" f'd his arm up so bad.  He said "you don't know"!!  I went 'hell no I just barely know "frank"'.

Seems ol Frank thought spending $60.00  to get his tires trued was too much.  So he jacks the rearend of the pickup off the ground and  puts it on jack stands.  Then he gets the old lady in the drivers seat to put the truck in drive and spin the back tires.  As ol Ted 'would say are you with me so far'.

Tires are spinning and he gets under the truck with a  circular saw, and guns down on the saw.  Now the tires are spinning at a high rate of speed when the blade hits the tire.  The tire grabs the blade and pulls the circular saw out of "franks" hand, spinning it around and cutting his hand off in one smooth motion.
I know this is unbelievable, you don't have to believe it, but I swear its true.  After that I stayed clear of ol "frank" when he had a gun in his hand, because I knew he was smooth ate up with the dumb ass.

How is a saw going to "true" the tires?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:01:36 AM EDT
[#32]
On trucks with big mud tires and even just regular mud and snow tires, if your alignment is not just right or you over or under inflate the tires or don't rotate often enough tires will become out of round.  When this happens you take the truck to a real tire shop and they will spin the tires and true them by taking a cutter and peeling the rubber like a lathe.  It cost 15 dollars a tire.  Then you have them spin balanced.  This elimantes most road noise and generaly makes a truck drive 100 % better.

When you buy new truck tires you should have this done shortly after you buy them since new tires are not truly round.  By getting them round when starting you actually extend tire life. Try it some time when the grips are driving you insane.

He intended to shave the tires with the circular saw while they were spinning.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:03:11 AM EDT
[#33]
This Thread just keeps getting Better and Better, Man-o-Man , Never herd of this one either,

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:04:50 AM EDT
[#34]
frank is a dumb SOB.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:21:19 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
your supposed to change the oil? I just thought when the check engine light comes on you add oil till it comes to the top of the filler neck

You got it. That "you have to change your oil" story is just a scam by the garages so they can make more money.  

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#36]
They sell this pump -  you put it down the dip stick hole and turn it on -- it sucks out the oil  ---
if you that tarded or lazy.

www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=4006970&storeId=6970&langId=-1&productId=200136124&cm_ven=TL&cm_pla=DF&cm_ite=fuel
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:37:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Anyone ever try this?www.fumotovalve.com/
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Sounds like ol' Frank shouldnt be around firearms...
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Sounds like ol' Frank shouldnt be around firearms...

Yes Frank could f up an anvil with a feather.  As they say, the names been changed to protect the terminally stupid.  I really knew I was in trouble on that trip when he pulled his shotgun out of the case in the tool box and without touching the safety or racking the action took a shot at an fbird by camp.  What a piece of work.

I believe that valve would get hung on some brush on the bottom of my ford.  Be hell to drive through some brush in a pasture and rip that bitch off and lose the power stroke deisel.  To rebuild that engine you might as well total the thing and buy a new truck.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 1:25:08 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Anyone ever try this?www.fumotovalve.com/

Umm... Did you read page one of this post?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 2:13:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Used to be a company called Lubrication Research that made a neat little 12-volt oil pump that you plumbed between your oil pan and oil pressure sender fitting. When the pump ran, the engine got pressurized oil, even before you started it – Great for reducing startup wear, especially in cold weather or on engines that didn't get started often.

One side benefit of this arrangement was that you could also use the pump to pull all the oil out of the pan, without getting under the vehicle - just attach a drain hose to the self-sealing hydraulic connector on the pump outlet, and turn the pump on for about 30 seconds. Worked great!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 2:22:27 PM EDT
[#43]
some people should not be allowed to drive, if you cant change the freaking oil, man, what retards
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#44]
That engrishmofaka dude sounds like the Chemlawn of that forum site
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:07:28 PM EDT
[#45]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh my LORD...I've only personally changed my oil once and even I know better than that.

I wonder how many boards this has made it around to.  I'm guessing a minimum of 20.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Well I threw in a greetings from the AR15 forum
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:58:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#48]
My mechanic over-tightened my drain plug.  It took two mechanics to get it loose.  My car was dancing around so much on the lift I thought it might fall off.  The boss there was wondering if there was lok-tite on the threads (there wasn't).

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top