User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2004 3:47:25 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:03:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Psyco bastard finaly lost his marbles
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:05:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't get me going on Julia Carson. Peace of trash if ya ask me.
As far as Mike Hilton at popguns, well he's lost all my business. Not that I shopped there alot anyway, but what little he got is gone.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=30&t=183478
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:25:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Police seized a stockpile of weapons from Kenneth Anderson in January. Six months later, after he was diagnosed with schizophrenia, he got the weapons back in accordance with state and federal law.

I think the PD needs to be sued. They broke a federal law and gave guns to a person who was known to be metaly unstable.

Somone what to tell me which Indiana law and which federal law says that a metaly unstable person should be given their guns back?

This whole situation is the damn PDs fault, protect and serve my ass they armed a nut case!!!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:29:21 AM EDT
[#4]
You're right lady, I don't need and assault rifle to hunt bunnies. I need it to hunt politicians who think they can dictate to me what I need and don't need in direct abrogation of natural rights that are inherent.

96Ag
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:35:17 AM EDT
[#5]

.... not high quality like the AR15 shotguns.

Wow! AR-15 Shotgun.  I need to get one of those 12 ga. uppers!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:44:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Now you ask me, what does he need to do to change that? Take two bolts out and go to the Indiana State Fair gun show and buy a 30 round magazine with no security checks or anything. He has a weapon militarily designed in a communist country for destruction, that's it. It's not designed for hunting."

"For years I've been fighting this. Make the dollar and sell them." Mike Hilton at Pop Guns has made up his mind. He knows it is illegal to put interchangeable parts on the AKs he sells, but he knows people still do it. "These are low cost, poorly made firearms. A stamp, not high quality like the AR15 shotguns. We have both here and will continue to sell the quality firearms. We just won't continue to sell these anymore."

Freedom is such a bitch  - abolish it so the sheeple are safer
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:59:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

For an AR10 a 12ga could work, however for an AR15 it would have to be a 20ga( I know I've been looking to build one)
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:10:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:20:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I am soooo tired of hearing this:

"Rationally, hunters don't need an assault rifle to kill a rabbit."

As far as the whole article goes, I don't get it. If he was mentally ill, why did they give him his guns back. Notice how they don't sight the law that allowed for him to have them back? WTF?

My guess is that they don't cite the law because the law does not exist. There is one however to the contrary that they did infact break. That would be the one that says a mentaly unstable person can not own or posses a gun.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:24:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

As far as the whole article goes, I don't get it. If he was mentally ill, why did they give him his guns back. Notice how they don't sight the law that allowed for him to have them back? WTF?

The following is a quote from the Indystar message board, closest I can come up with why looney got his guns back.

The thing that people are conveniently forgetting is that this mentally ill subject was taken to St. Francis for a mental evaluation earlier this year. According to the news accounts the police department was denied access to his medical records as far as this mental affliction goes, and subsequently had no constitutional right to keep his privately owned gun collection from him so it was released back to him. Had it not been for the wonderful HIPAA rules, maybe this never would have come to light. Maybe if the laws weren't changed regarding mental records this dangerous person would not have had the firepower to kill and injure these officers.

Everyone has the right to privacy, but that should not take precidence over the right of everyone to live in a safe environment. Unfortunately now due to the right of privacy an officer is dead and others are injured. Thanks alot ACLU/ICLU and all the other "CLU"'s out there.

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:35:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For an AR10 a 12ga could work, however for an AR15 it would have to be a 20ga( I know I've been looking to build one)

Well, conceivably speaking if the .50 Beowulf is possible we should be able to get a good .410!

azzclowns
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:37:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Politicians don't like the 2A simply because it is about government control.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:44:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, conceivably speaking if the .50 Beowulf is possible we should be able to get a good .410!

azzclowns

410 is doable but if it;s not a 3in mag in 410 it's really not worth using, so that effectivly cuts the 410 out.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:51:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The following is a quote from the Indystar message board, closest I can come up with why looney got his guns back.

The thing that people are conveniently forgetting is that this mentally ill subject was taken to St. Francis for a mental evaluation earlier this year. According to the news accounts the police department was denied access to his medical records as far as this mental affliction goes, and subsequently had no constitutional right to keep his privately owned gun collection from him so it was released back to him. Had it not been for the wonderful HIPAA rules, maybe this never would have come to light. Maybe if the laws weren't changed regarding mental records this dangerous person would not have had the firepower to kill and injure these officers.

Everyone has the right to privacy, but that should not take precidence over the right of everyone to live in a safe environment. Unfortunately now due to the right of privacy an officer is dead and others are injured. Thanks alot ACLU/ICLU and all the other "CLU"'s out there.

Thats just completely totaly 100% fucked up if thats the case. If anything the state should than be held responcible in part, because the state allowed through bad law.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:54:48 AM EDT
[#15]

... has people asking questions about the laws that failed to save lives.

This is the attitude that is leading us down the road to a police state.  Now, I don't want innocent people to be killed or injured, either.  But the purpose of the government is NOT to make sure nobody dies.  There are those who are only too eager to trade all of their real freedom for a perceived sense of security provided by the government.  Is freedom wonderul?  Yes, it is.  Is it devoid of risk?  Absolutely not.

... after he was diagnosed with schizophrenia, he got the weapons back in accordance with state and federal law.

Federal for 4473 only asks if you have been adjudicated mentally incompetent or committed to a mental institution.  There are an infinite number of degrees of mental illness, just as there are with physical illness.  Some are minor afflictions and some are major.  Should a person not be allowed to drive a car because he has no pinky finger on his left hand?  Or arthritis in his knee?  Or no left leg?  Or no arms?  I say "no pinky finger = okay", "no arms = not okay."  In between, it is gray.  The same with mental illness.  While I admit that schizophrenia sounds major to me, it is awfully easy to brand someone in a newspaper article without knowing the full story.  Whip the populace into a frenzy with the use of the right "buzz word" to achieve your political goal.

You can get one undetected at a gun show and you can go out and kill somebody with it.

I can also buy an ice pick, a baseball bat, an axe, a can of hair spray and a zippo, etc., and go out and kill people with them.  Again, in a free country, you can't arrest somebody until AFTER they have committed a crime.  The world is dangerous - all the more reason to CCW.

Rationally, hunters don't need an assault rifle to kill a rabbit.

and

He has a weapon militarily designed in a communist country for destruction, that's it. It's not designed for hunting.

This is one of the greatest coups of the anti-gunners - that the 2nd amendment is about hunting and sporting rights.  WRONG!!!

IPD Officer ... says the difference between the legal and illegal assault rifles is not that much.

Ironically, this is about the thing they got right.

<Diane Fenstein> But, the AWB reduced crimes with AW's by 66%!!!</Diane Feinstein>

Okay, I've had enough fun for now.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top