Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2004 9:34:55 PM EDT
www.rense.com/general37/nkorr.htm

I found this article doing a search on NK, it's about their strategy for war against the US. The best part is the obvious commie style disinformation. A couple of my favorites:

Western experts pooh-pooh North Korea's ancient AN-2 transport planes as 1948 relics, but AN-2 planes can fly low beneath US radars and deliver up to 10 troops at 160 km per hour. North Korea makes AN-2s and has about 300 in place. In addition, North Korea has hang-gliders that can carry 5-20 men each for short hops.

North Korea has two fleets - the West Fleet and the East Fleet. The West Fleet has 6 squadrons of 320 ships and the East Fleet has 10 squadron of 460 ships. The navy has a total manpower of 46,000.

This is about 58 men per ship, not to mention a navy of 780 ships.  Apparently their navy dwarfs ours.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:37:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Remember how the Jerrys used para troops and glider infantry on the magenot line and in the suronding contrys?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:02:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Remember how the Jerrys used para troops and glider infantry on the magenot line and in the suronding contrys?

Yea, It's not the concept of gliders thats silly (though it is about 60 years old) its that they said HANG-GLIDERS. Thats a very different animal.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:13:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:17:37 PM EDT
[#4]
That stuff is freaking hilarious.

I'm not sure what's funnier: The 120,000 NK special forces commandos attacking Japan, Okinawa, and Guam, the NK's sinking our carriers with land-based missiles with a 60km range and small missile boats, or the fact that MiG-21s will decimate F-14s and F-15s because they have 1/3 the weight of American fighters.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:28:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Exercise in absurdity...

You can't fly under AWACS radar...

But then again, COMMUNISIM is the ultimate exercise in (scientific) absurdity....
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:29:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
www.rense.com/general37/nkorr.htm

I found this article doing a search on NK, it's about their strategy for war against the US. The best part is the obvious commie style disinformation. A couple of my favorites:

Western experts pooh-pooh North Korea's ancient AN-2 transport planes as 1948 relics, but AN-2 planes can fly low beneath US radars and deliver up to 10 troops at 160 km per hour. North Korea makes AN-2s and has about 300 in place. In addition, North Korea has hang-gliders that can carry 5-20 men each for short hops.

North Korea has two fleets - the West Fleet and the East Fleet. The West Fleet has 6 squadrons of 320 ships and the East Fleet has 10 squadron of 460 ships. The navy has a total manpower of 46,000.

This is about 58 men per ship, not to mention a navy of 780 ships.  Apparently their navy dwarfs ours.

maybe it does...

But of course, Boston Whalers with 12.7mm mounts don't match up to DDGs & CGs....
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:37:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Does anybody remember a few words??? Cruise missles, MLRS cluster bombs, CLAYMORES. Oh and the fact that we could rearrange all of North Korea 10 times over with all of our nukes!
Plus two Carrier battlegroups could handle the North Korean babies, I mean "navy"
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:45:12 PM EDT
[#8]
The Norks almost certainly would try special forces attacks on US bases. There's a substantial Korean population in Japan, an the North Koreans are active there. They've been smuggling drugs and running some rackets there for some time, and the Japanese periodically run a North korean ship down. They caught one in their waters a while back and chased it until the crew scuttled. The Norks still infiltrate the south with their special forces, who are fanatics. Death before capture.

The Norks have also been smuggling heroin as far afield as Australia. they've got a bunch of ships and they use them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top