Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2004 6:55:11 PM EDT
Just signed on and saw my membership had unexpectedly been upgraded! I think I might know why and who was behind this, but just in case, a big thanks goes out to anyone involved. I will do my part in making sure I am worthy of such an act of friendship and I will work harder to make sure my posts are of better quality in the future.

I was preparing to send in my $20 and become an official member anyway (and have been for a while...dunno why I hadn't already done so anyway!). But I guess now that won't be necessary for a year. Perhaps I can return the favor by sending in some $$$ early to help sponsor another member/members.

Anyway, I just wanted to take the time to thank whoever did this for me and take the time to say this place feels like a big ol' family. I am proud to be a part of a great group of people who still value personal freedoms, respect The Constitution, value morals in society and devote much of their time to defending such things. I am also proud to belong to a group where members take care of each other. In my time here, I have witnessed acts of kindness and compassion that I just don't see in many circles anymore. So again, I owe someone or several someones a beer when we meet. And if you don't drink, that's ok, I can open my ammo can to you or something and let you help yourself as we waste some enemy watermelons and jugs of water!

Again, thanks. Now, time to figure out what I'm going to use for an avatar. Ahhhhhh. Decisions, decisions, decisions!

-CH
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:56:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Anytime man.  Now just upgrade mine and we will be even
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm going to do the $20 membership but can't swing the more expendsive one right now. Want to adopt me?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:36:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the best way to do this would be to create some sort of contest. I'd hate to have to decide on any one or two people out of thousands to pick, unless of course some sort of action by said person warranted it (no, don't go out and beat a hippy and get yourself arrested!).

I'll see if I can think of something different than the other contests so far, just to keep variety, and we'll go from there.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:44:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top