Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2004 5:54:28 PM EDT
He wants to bring thousands of troops home from the Eurotrash Dump within the next couple of years, Would placing them all along the border of Mexico be a good idea ? I'd like to see outposts built along the border with sentrys and sensors. Hell, they're getting paid to defend American interests there (Germany) for years.Now is the time to secure the southern border 100% and there should be no excuse.Good idea ? Stupid ?What are your thoughts.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Some of them are being moved to Eastern Europe.

CRC
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:58:18 PM EDT
[#2]
seems like a good idea to me but what do i know.  i imagine the democrats would scream and cry about it
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Lets see, they could move east then swing south into Iran. Sounds like a plan to me.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:37:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
He wants to bring thousands of troops home from the Eurotrash Dump within the next couple of years, Would placing them all along the border of Mexico be a good idea ? I'd like to see outposts built along the border with sentrys and sensors. Hell, they're getting paid to defend American interests there (Germany) for years.Now is the time to secure the southern border 100% and there should be no excuse.Good idea ? Stupid ?What are your thoughts.

It is the only idea.  (Ya done good).
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
seems like a good idea to me but what do i know.  i imagine the democrats would scream and cry about it

Problem is they will do that to anything Bush does.   But it seems like a good idea to me.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd be all for the government shutting down the border, B-52 strikes if need be.  I don't hate Mexicans, but enough is enough.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't like illegal aliens - where ever they come from.  They fuck our economy.

I hate illegal alien terrorists.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:55:55 PM EDT
[#8]
where's all that $$$ gonna come from to build new bases, outposts, etc...?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Like I've said before - an electric fence would do the job.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:58:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't want the military conducting patrols in country.

NEVER.

Sooner or later they would be used against us.

First it is "Sentry"

Then it becomes "Guard"

Then what does it become?

SGtar15
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:03:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Snowballs chance in hell of working... Too much border, and too much possibility for corruption....

The only thing that WILL work is to severely punish American companies/citizens for assisting/employing illegals...

'Troops on the border' has a chance of woring for possible terror suspects, but no way in hell will it work to keep out mexicans...

Punishing employers keeps the south american 'migrants' home when they can't find work, but doesn't help the security situation.....
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:06:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Dems will whine about anything the pres says and take the other end of the issue... Perhaps he should say we need more gun control, then concede and let the dems have their way when they scream and yell the opposite?

We should pull out troops from places where they're *really* not needed (France, Germany, etc.. Although on second thought, we could use a few hundred thousand more in France...).
Spread those guys out along our nothern and southern borders. I think we've got enough people we can bring back from un-necessary overseas bases to get a few guys on every mile of border, with an order to turn back illegals, and allow then to KOS any foreigner who resists or is packing heat (IE: smugglers). I'm sure we could take a few example with regards to domestic patrol from Israel (soldiers go home at the end of the day, like from a regular job. They live in the area, so they carry their weapons off-duty. etc..).
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The only thing that WILL work is to severely punish American companies/citizens for assisting/employing illegals...

Couple months ago there was a lot of media chatter about them starting that - going to businesses and asking for documents, etc.

If it was still going on, seems like the media would be all over it.  I'll have to look for that tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top