Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2004 5:50:10 PM EDT
Well friends, my workplace IT people have taken away access to all "weapons" related websites.  It's understandable though, seeing as how anyone who owns any time of object that may be used as a weapon will obviously snap and start killing people left and right.  In the workplace.  Oh well, I got a good year out of AR15.com and JobRelatedStuff.com  I also tried BanEdSr.com and that didn't work either.  'Tis a sad sad day for Spitfire.  How am I going to get through the day now?  By working?  Pshaw!  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#2]
bah you have commies working at your place. i used to redirect lefty web sites to ar15.com
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:58:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I fear that this will soon happen at my work place. They made us sign this internet contract thing about a month ago. Coworkers tell me they can no longer go and check their Lotto numbers since it is a "gambling site". The crackdown has already begun.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:58:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Castle hams?

www.castle-hams.com

Edited to add this ole favorite:  www.antiussa.com
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#5]
stranger than fiction:

my buddy is in iraq and cannot log into arfcom because it's weapons related (he's a fucking master gunner)

i gave him the address jobrelatedstuff.com, that work?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Send an anonymous, menacing email to your IT dept explaining how upset and enraged you are about this new policy, and how there's no telling how you'll react.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:05:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
stranger than fiction:

my buddy is in iraq and cannot log into arfcom because it's weapons related (he's a fucking master gunner)

i gave him the address jobrelatedstuff.com, that work?

The are right to block your buddy's internet access.  Guns kill people and if he reads about them, he too will kill people (indiscriminantly).  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Castle hams?

www.castle-hams.com

Edited to add this ole favorite:  www.antiussa.com

I forgot about castle hams.  I'll try it, but I'm pretty sure they've blocked it on an IP level or something.  But hey, I work for a HUGE entertainment company in Culver City.  What do you expect from the entertainment industry?  I'm actually surprised I've been able to get away with it for this long.  I just hope they don't alert my manager, even though she's Republican, fairly conservative, and an Air Force veteran who spent time in the sandbox during Gulf War 1.  I'm more worried about getting busted for wasting time surfing the web than reading about guns.  
Looks like I'm gonna have to sleep less so I can read more when I get home.  Shit.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top