Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2004 4:26:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#1]
SA, I just hope more of America thinks like you and I do.  Unfortunately for me, I live in LiberalLand, and the asshats up here think Kerry walks on water.  Personally, of course, I think he and his best pal Teddy should get liquored-up and try to walk on water off just off the coast of Martha's Vineyard.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I think he should "activate" more efficient ways (not PC ways) to deal terrorism with, while trying not to infringe the rights of civilians.

Whatever happens, it will be still better than Kerry's "sensitive" war on terrorism.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:32:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Does crap stink?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#5]
yes. expect even more after Nov.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#6]
No, and I don't know how anybody can reply "Yes" to this question.  For years the nation topping the State Department's list of terrorist supporters has been Iran.  We are doing NOTHING about that (speculation about covert ops is just that - speculation).  Terrorist organizations thrive in Syria, fully supported by their government.  We are doing NOTHING about that, either.  Until we topple those two nations, we are just treating the symptoms.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:04:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

yep, this is what i'm hoping for.  mebbe we can ditch the hearts and minds bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:17:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
No, and I don't know how anybody can reply "Yes" to this question.  For years the nation topping the State Department's list of terrorist supporters has been Iran.  We are doing NOTHING about that (speculation about covert ops is just that - speculation).  Terrorist organizations thrive in Syria, fully supported by their government.  We are doing NOTHING about that, either.  Until we topple those two nations, we are just treating the symptoms.

Lets get something straight. Clinton did NOTHING for YEARS! Bush rolled back Terror in two nations...and Libya is gving up WMDs. Bush has resolve, he has a clear vision and Iran and Syria will be next. Kerry has shown his true colors and said that he will remove the troops in Iraq in six months...Bush will keep America safe and will break the backs of these Terrorists. He will keep us safe because he has.

So yes people can say yes with pride, that we have a man like George W. Bush as President.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:25:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Lets get something straight. Clinton did NOTHING for YEARS!

No he didn't, but is this thread about Clinton?

Bush has resolve, he has a clear vision and Iran and Syria will be next.

Oh, really?  Cool!  What's your evidence?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:50:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

It's called common sense.  It's nice to have.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lets get something straight. Clinton did NOTHING for YEARS!

No he didn't, but is this thread about Clinton?

Bush has resolve, he has a clear vision and Iran and Syria will be next.

He sees it in his dreams
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

You have been assimilated by the GOP. Your a goner
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#14]
My only concern is that I don't think we totally finished the job in Afghanistan before going into Iraq.  Bin Laden's ass should have been nailed to the wall before we allocated so many resources to Iraq.  Bin Laden is still the monkey on our backs.  Aside from that, I'm glad the administration had the fortitude to go into Iraq.  Now they need to take care of the other Arab nations that support terrorism.  Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, etc.  Use the example of Iraq to show them what will happen if they keep supporting terrorists.  If they still don't learn, make them the next example.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:03:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You've been assimilated by DU.  You're a sucker.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, lets see...

Two towers, two countries. Not a fair trade as those two countries are shitholes .

And the President has kept the war an away game.

No new attacks in the US.

Yea, he is keeping the ragheads at bay.

But he should kill more of them.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Jeezuz fn crap. Just what does the man have to do?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
...Keep this promise.

"If you collaborate with terrorists, you do so at your own peril."

Not everything can be done at once.  He has stayed the course to his political peril.  HE NEEDS MORE TIME!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:42:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
My only concern is that I don't think we totally finished the job in Afghanistan before going into Iraq.  Bin Laden's ass should have been nailed to the wall before we allocated so many resources to Iraq.  Bin Laden is still the monkey on our backs.  Aside from that, I'm glad the administration had the fortitude to go into Iraq.  Now they need to take care of the other Arab nations that support terrorism.  Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, etc.  Use the example of Iraq to show them what will happen if they keep supporting terrorists.  If they still don't learn, make them the next example.

+1
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
...you don't change the quarterback in the middle of the game.

You're from Florida - you never seen the Gators coached by Spurrier?  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

The simple truth is that there's no way Bush would be re-elected if he took on the other terrorist muslim states (Saudi, Syria, Iran, etc).  If he's not re-elected, nobody will take them on.  I don't know for a fact that he will, but he's the best bet we have, and that's good enough for me.

I'm pretty dumb, so I try to evaluate these hard global political situations on a personal level.  If somebody raped my (hypothetical) wife to death and then hid across town, you can bet your ass I'd go looking across town.  If somebody over there said to me "I didn't kill your wife, but I do business with the people who did, and I've raped other women to death", I would break out the torch and the bolt cutters and go to town on him.  After he told me everything he knew, I would put a bullet in his brain.  Then I would move on to the next one like him until they were all gone.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:22:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
And finally, and most importantly, our enemies are watching this election for weakness in our resolve. If we elect Kerry it will send the same message to our enemies that Spain sent.

Terrorism works.

Yep. And that's a BIG "most importantly" point.

And to answer your question - yes.

In a car race, it's suicide to keep the gas pedal floored at all times. Ya' gotta know when to let up on the gas, especially when approaching the turns.

GWBush has a big turn coming in November.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:30:28 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jeezuz fn crap. Just what does the man have to do?

Keep this promise.

"If you collaborate with terrorists, you do so at your own peril."

A Billion muslims on the planet and one man is expected to deal justice to them in three years. I think he is doing just fine. If nothing else happens in his second term I may be disappointed but so far so good. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:36:15 PM EDT
[#26]
The Taliban and Afghani Warlords run Afghanistan outside of Kabul, where "President" Karzai is confined to his fortified house/office protected day and night by US servicemen.

Opium is flooding out of Afghanistan again

Usama Bin-Laden is hiding in Pakistan/Afghanistan still....8/21/2004

"Muqtada al-Sadr is going to be the Ayatollah of Iraq in a few years"...mark my words

Zarkawi is still carbombing Bagdhad

Fallujah is an unresolvable problem

US civilians are being targeted/beheaded in Saudi Arabia

I voted "NO"

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:37:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Well said SA. I agree with you. And I hope that after the election, if GWB wins, the pc war will stop and a more firm resolve be able to be shown.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Why did he wait a month to invade Afghanistan? Better yet why didn't he do it before Sep. 11th?

Thanks

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:51:08 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Why did he wait a month to invade Afghanistan? Better yet why didn't he do it before Sep. 11th?

Thanks

Do you realize the planning and maneuvering involved in such a military action?  I'm surprised it only took a month to prepare.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:04:09 PM EDT
[#31]
The military doesn't have plans on file to invade a country that is well known to harbor terrorists?
I cannot believe that.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:45:27 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Why did he wait a month to invade Afghanistan?

Because unlike armchair generals, REAL generals have to deal with things like logistics and personell.

Better yet why didn't he do it before Sep. 11th?

Because he'd only been in office 8 months?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:45:58 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
The military doesn't have plans on file to invade a country that is well known to harbor terrorists?
I cannot believe that.

Who gives a damn what you can believe?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:10:43 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

Do you realize the planning and maneuvering involved in such a military action?  I'm surprised it only took a month to prepare.

No kidding; that was a damned impressive effort.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:13:57 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

45 states you

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:34:21 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Thanks

Read American Soldier by Tommy Franks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top