Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2004 10:09:25 AM EDT
I tried to send my Letter to the editor in to the Indy star. Well every time I send it, I get this

Missing Referrer - Access Denied
Your browser did not send a Referer header with this request, so it is not possible to check that the referring page is allowed to access this program.

Any clues?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:24:15 PM EDT
[#1]
When you click on a internet link, your browser sends information to the site which identifies where you are coming from. This is the reason they don't want live links to DU posted on the board. When some clicks on it, it will send to DU the referrer, which would be AR15.com.

For some reason, the site you are writing requires this field have a specific value. It could be caused by a number of reasons. Your browser may have the option to disable this field. The live link you are clicking on has been coded wrong. Or, you are cutting and pasting the address for the letter without using the required link.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#2]
You OS wants to get stoned.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
When you click on a internet link, your browser sends information to the site which identifies where you are coming from. This is the reason they don't want live links to DU posted on the board. When some clicks on it, it will send to DU the referrer, which would be AR15.com.

For some reason, the site you are writing requires this field have a specific value. It could be caused by a number of reasons. 1 Your browser may have the option to disable this field.2 The live link you are clicking on has been coded wrong. Or, 3 you are cutting and pasting the address for the letter without using the required link.

1 I used mozilla, then I used IE, got the same thing from both.

2 Since it is the Indy star, and they are such a liberal piece of crap great paper, this would be my guess.

3 I did cut and paste the link into IE, but I also went thru the proper links a bit later, got the same thing.

thx
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top