Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2004 9:49:35 AM EDT
I cought a short blurb on the news about a motorcycle running from the cops in the bayarea that ended in a crash.  When they checked out the bike they found a camera (video?) mounted on the rear... they think to record the chase.  Anyone hear anything more about this?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#2]
can't find anything on the local FOX affiliate station....
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:12:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Call me a sucker..... but Where can I find the Video???
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#5]

When will people learn that you don't run from the cops unless you can OUTrun the cops?

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, they found cameras on the bike but I don't think they were running.  People run from cops all the time here.  Two times that I've been pulled over on my bike the cops thanked me for stopping and let me off with a warning.  People who run and crash deserve what they get for putting other's in danger.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

When will people learn that you don't run from the cops unless you can OUTrun the cops?

"You can't outrun a Motorola"
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yeah, they found cameras on the bike but I don't think they were running.  People run from cops all the time here.  Two times that I've been pulled over on my bike the cops thanked me for stopping and let me off with a warning.  People who run and crash deserve what they get for putting other's in danger.

Yeah!
[ChrisRock]Because if the cops have to chase you "They are bringin' an ass whuppin' with them!"[/ChrisRock]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:27:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I know.  I've got several friends that have never stopped.  It's all but impossible for a cop in a car to catch a bike.  One of my best friends lost it heading into Clayton a year back after speeding past a parked cop car.  He took the corner a little to fast and the tree he hit was unforgiving.  I hope this accident's not anyone I know.  One of my old sayings comes to mind... it's all fun and games till someone dies.  Every time I see XXX it makes me think of a different friend I have out here.... he's the one I'm worried about, since he's deep into video taping stunts.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Was that the one coming over kirker pass into clayton? (From pittsburg into clayton)

Lots of wrecks along there...even had a fire truck wreck there recently (sent two (or three?)) firefighters airlifted to hospital in critical condition.

John
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:45:11 AM EDT
[#11]
i JUST saw a video over at racingflix.com TODAY that had a little bit of some guy running from a cop.    some people are just gluttons for punishment
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:46:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:02:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
A good friend of mine (mother of 2) was killed about 8 years ago when some 7-time DUI asshole with no license and a borrowed car was swerving between cars coming down Kirker Pass into Concord/Clayton and knocked one of those cars into oncoming traffic (i.e., my friend's minivan).  This guy had already had 2(!) cars taken away and was on probation with a suspended license when he did this, drunk of course.

The bastard only got 5 years, which really means 2.

-Troy

Troy, would you post this over on the GA chase thread on GD? Nobody over there seems to understand that chases end this way.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:52:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:58:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I know exactly where you are talking about Troy....that little stretch is hard enough for a dude whos completely in control of his facilities. Thats a serious shame, man.

John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top