Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2004 3:22:38 AM EDT
Alright, I know the general rule of no going after anybody in your work group and all that but need some ARf advice on this question:

I currently work (just started 2 months ago) on an installation with a rather "distributed" approach to project work space, almost every project gets their own building, anywhere from 20 yds to miles apart.

One of my coworkers is offering to set me up on a date with one of her friends, also an employee here, but way off on the other side of the installation in her own building.

In such a situation, would I be I getting my meat where I get my bread and should I avoid it, or is it kosher and should I get my digital camera ready to post pics?

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:24:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Does her job/project have anything to do with yours? Do you share a common supervisor?

S.O.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:25:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Fuck it, go for it!
post pics of her too!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:26:30 AM EDT
[#3]
does your paycheck come from the same people?
if so stay away!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:27:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Post pics, then post her number.  We'll help you from there.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:30:30 AM EDT
[#5]
SorryOciffer:
My boss's boss's boss might be the same as her's, but not anything lower on the food chain.
Since she's not in my building, there's a <1% chance she's involved in anything related to my project. Probability of either of us transfering over is low, my project has a low changeover rate and I'm not likely to change jobs anytime soon so we arent like to work together for 3-4 years, if at all.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:30:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Avoid it.

What if it goes wrong?  Then rumors will get spread thru out the company no matter how far apart the buildings are.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:33:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't believe the hype, just be an adult about it and use common sense. I met my wife when we both worked at the same place, and it worked out great.

I'd suggest avoiding things like public displays of affection, or critiquing her blowjobs to someone else in the department.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:33:46 AM EDT
[#8]
If your coworker is her good friend and things don't go well then your coworker will be all pissed at you and will try to ruin your job and your life and maybe put a contract out on you.

On the other hand, if you are smooth you may be able to nail them both.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:41:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Life is way to short to pass up on the prospect of some good P.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:44:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:47:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Depends how hot she is.  Do a risk / benefit analysis and decide from that.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:05:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:05:19 AM EDT
[#13]
go for it

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:06:50 AM EDT
[#14]
pooper...pics...need I say more?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:11:07 AM EDT
[#15]
a push in the bush is better than a gland in the hand
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:20:18 AM EDT
[#16]
I have eaten at the company store 3 times and none have turned out really bad.
Dated, banged etc. Months go by and the normal break up. Never had any real problems at work after.
I may have made my own luck. Please stay away from even the semi crazy ones. If you do that it will really limit your pickings as most women will fit in to the semi crazy file.
Please note I consider myself LUCKY.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top