Page / 5
Posted: 8/19/2004 11:01:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Kittens make great pot holders.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:03:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Fucking asshole on my street lets his dog out. On a blind corner this dog just chases cars all the time. There are children nearby during the day, which is wonderful if a driver overreacts because a dog is running right for their car. Wish they would keep ths fucker inside or at least on a leash. I've called animal control but the owners are thick-headed. I've resorted to aiming to hit. The prick is beginning to catch on.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:03:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought you were getting pissed at the Furries.

Dude, it's a kitten. Show some compassion. Catch it and take it to the local animal shelter.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Most the kitten I see that are out will quickly start getting feral.  I have to deal with the stray dogs more.  Cats I can put up with stary dogs are more of a problem.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:09:03 PM EDT
[#6]
hungry python says feed me
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:11:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I thought you were getting pissed at the Furries.

Dude, it's a kitten. Show some compassion. Catch it and take it to the local animal shelter.

Or you can catch it and twist it's little head off.

You would be AMAZED at the satisfaction one gets from killing what annoys you.

It's a RUSH!!!

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:11:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Here we go again....
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:13:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You would be AMAZED at the satisfaction one gets from killing what annoys you.

It's a RUSH!!!

Sgatr15

You sometime annoy all of us. Good thing our bloodlust is in better check than yours.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:14:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Here we go again....

ya, but i love it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:29:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:35:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Earlier this week there was another thread about killing cats...(I know Steyr didn't say he killed it) and in my short time here, I have never seen a thread divide the members here as much as that one did.....

It just depresses and angers me to read this garbage again...

And no, I don't have sand in my vagina and I am not a member of PETA so save the childish remarks...

I just can't see how anyone can take pleasure in killing an animal like some of the members here do...

Yes, I do hunt... But I kill for the food..Not because I enjoy seeing an animal die...

Ok..Rant off..

Go ahead with the insults....

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:37:56 PM EDT
[#13]
No insults AZ.

I just have a wider view of pest than you do.

I don't kill for fun really.  But if something is bugging me I have no problem killing it.

I don't care if it is a mouse, a cat or a dog.

Deer however I rarely kill or even shoot at.

Why?

Because they dont bug me.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:45:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:52:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Robert Heinlein wrote a novel titled “The Cat That Could Walk Through Walls”.

In short, the cat in Question was a very young and stupid kitten.  It was so stupid it didn’t know it should not be able to walk through walls.  And so it did.

Your furball seems to be so stupid that it doesn’t know that it’s Dead Meat to the Proverbial Alley Cat.  So it will probably die of old age.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:57:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm amazed at all the "cat piss and shit" in yards. I live on the outskirts of our city, in a nice neighborhood and have seen an occasional cat roaming around and NEVER have shit in my yard and NEVER smell cat piss. Never hear complaints from others either, and I have some picky neighbors.

Me thinks somepeople are just hyper sensitive and need thigs to complain about.

S.O.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:57:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Damn dude, you have more cat problems than I have dog problems, and that's says a lot. I get at least one stray dropped out in my area per week. But it sounds like this cat shit is pretty much a nightly situation for you. If you have a fence, I'd seriously consider getting myself a cat eating dog and allowing it to run loose within your yard. That way the unwanted pests that irresponsible assholes don't bother controlling will be taken care of for you. Perhaps it can even become a deterent for the older, wiser cats.

What's really a shame is that I have nothing against the stray dogs and cats. It's the owners who don't care for them or dump them out on others that I would like to beat the hell out of. It isn't the animals fault at all, but because some asshat is too lazy (or simply doesn't give a fuck in the first place), we have to be the ones who deal with the resulting problems. Assholes!!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:01:07 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I'm amazed at all the "cat piss and shit" in yards. I live on the outskirts of our city, in a nice neighborhood and have seen an occasional cat roaming around and NEVER have shit in my yard and NEVER smell cat piss. Never hear complaints from others either, and I have some picky neighbors.

S.O.

I never have any of the cat problem either.  I have had dog shit in the yard.  
Stray cats normally dont bite either, compared to stray dogs.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:03:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

S.O.

I live in suburbia and have a similar stiuation with people that allow their cats to roam. Always shitting in my yard, and if I'm careless enough to leave my car window cracked open, guess who goes in it and pisses all over the interior?

I'd much rather shoot the owner of the cats, but they're not around.....
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:03:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Is your motion detector adjustable? Set it for a bigger target.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:06:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Too bad you don't have coyotes were you live.
They make short work of kittens, cats and the occasional stupid dog....
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:17:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Too bad you don't have coyotes were you live.
They make short work of kittens, cats and the occasional stupid dog....

I think it is for this reason that I never get any stray cats around here, only dogs. And they are usually of the medium to large variety. I guess the coyotes explain that.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:23:32 AM EDT
[#23]
I like cats, I own a cat.

I hate other peoples cats that are allowed outside and S**T in my yard.

I planted mousetraps in the area they use and camoflaged them.  Cats don't s**t in my yard too much anymore
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:07:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:29:40 AM EDT
[#25]
You cleary only have one solution:

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:34:50 AM EDT
[#26]
You have a dog, right?  Why isn't it keeping the cats away?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:58:20 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
You have a dog, right?  Why isn't it keeping the cats away?

The best hunting dog is a hungry dog.

Of course my guess is Aug keeps his dog inside, where it doesn't bother anyone else by barking all night, pissing on someone's tires, fighting, biting people and humping the neighborhood critters. Therefore it can't get to the cats.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:07:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Sarge:  What do you do with people that bug you?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:14:54 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

While completely unrelated and off-topic, your question reminds me of the scene in Backdraft where Robert DeNiro asks Donald Southerland (the arsonist) at his probation hearing....

DeNiro: What do you do to old ladies?

Southerland: Hee hee, burn em!

Deniro: Whatta you do to little girls?

Southerland: Hee hee, burn em!

DeNiro: What would you do to the whole world if you were out there?

Southerland: Burn it. Burn it all!

DeNiro: See ya again next year! (as he exits the probabtion hearing)

Now, I'll un-hijack this thread and return it to the cat topic.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:15:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Can't you adjust those sensers so they will be a little less sensitive?  Or I might say more!
Bob
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:55:10 AM EDT
[#31]
A friend "rescued" a feral kitten from a storm drain.

That thing just wasn't right.  Domesticating a wild cat isn't worth the effort.  It was a vicious critter, even though it appeared to be a cute little ball of fluff.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:33:45 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I post movies about them on ARFCOM.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:42:58 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Cats want to go outside, that's what they do and they drive thier owners frigging crazy with thier noise untill they go out.

Shoot them at will if they bother you, no big loss.

So if your bothering me is it alright for me to do the same?

And lets not blame the cat.  Its only doing what you or I would do if we were hungry and had to shit.  Look for food, find a place to shit.  It just happens to be your yard.

Blame all the asscrack owners of these animals that don't take any responsibility after they aquire them.  There's alot of people that shouldn't have pets, or children.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:50:21 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
It's 3am and the motion lights go off. Walk outside and I expect to have to deal with some inconsiderate fuckers cat.

It's a fucking kitten. Barely bigger than a softball.

I certainly can't shoot the fucking thing as has become my practice for the other cats who treat my yard as a pissing and shitting ground. I decide to scare it and chase it away, it runs a few steps and returns. Probably hungry and loaded with fleas.

Damn thing doesn't know any better to be afraid. I'd like to get ahold of the asshole that lets a kitten run loose and choke the fucking shit out of him.

Damn thing is gonna be lucky to last a week before another cat rips it a new asshole, a car runs it over or a dog kills it.

Fucking people. Wish I knew someone who wanted a cat and would actually take care of it.

Edited topic title. PLEASE don't use profanity in the title! -- GB

Careful or you will become a cat person ...........

take it in and feed it, it will become full and not return ..................
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:58:54 AM EDT
[#35]
I find it very difficult to understand some of the cat addicts here.  A guy is sick of having his property made less liveable by a cat and would like to cap it and suddenly he is asked if he wants to shoot irritating people.  

A cat is not a person.  It is no more and no less significant that a house fly.  If a fly is a pest, you kill it and soon forget the experience.  Flies, roaches, and strays spread disease and cause economic loss.   Stray and feral cats should receive the same level of thought.  This guy has worked for his home and environment.  He is entitled to take steps to keep it from being damaged by stray and feral animals.  

You will find animal lovers working at the the animal shelter.   Most shelters kill strays by the barrel full.  There is nothing else to do with them.  If you don't control strays, the strays will end up controlling your environment.

A stray is just a pest.  They don't belong in the ecosystem.  They don't have souls or a conscience.  They are simply the animal equivalent of a noxious, invasive, non-native plant species (weed) in your garden.  Pull it up and toss it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:00:00 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

S.O.

I live in suburbia and have a similar stiuation with people that allow their cats to roam. Always shitting in my yard, and if I'm careless enough to leave my car window cracked open, guess who goes in it and pisses all over the interior?

I'd much rather shoot the owner of the cats, but they're not around.....

You plus one'd a guy who has never had a cat shit or pissing problem.  He was essentially saying we were on crack.  I can remember constantly cleaning cat shit out of my sandbox as a kid - and the yard always reaked of cat piss - I hate fucking cat owners who just give their cats the run of the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:03:18 AM EDT
[#37]
I hear that a .40 Hi Power is the way to go for cats...
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:22:53 AM EDT
[#38]
OK for those of you that are Cat Impaired, If you want to use a live trap you don't Bait it with food, that just gets all the other animals caught, THE thing to Bait the trap with is CAT NIP Then take them to the Animal Shelter that you PAY TAXES for.  One other thing you can do if there is a place to Plant Cat Nip Away from your house that will be where the Cats will Hang Out, Not at your Place
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:30:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Let's see, it is now my responsibility to buy catnip, go to the shelter and borrow a live trap, set and maintain the trap, catch the cat, and then haul a disease and parasite covered animal (in the same vehicle I haul my family in) to the shelter.

Or I can shoot it, put it in a garbage bag and toss it in the dumpster.

One of the reasons so many people are irresponsible is because so many other people are saps and pick up the slack.

Irresponsibility on your part does not create responsibility on my part.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:39:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:41:37 AM EDT
[#41]
SSSssssssssOOooooooo Compassion is something you can't comprehend is what your telling US ???
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:42:37 AM EDT
[#42]
The problem herre is NOT with the animal.

Its with the humans that allowed it to be in this condition.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:44:39 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
OK for those of you that are Cat Impaired, If you want to use a live trap you don't Bait it with food, that just gets all the other animals caught, THE thing to Bait the trap with is CAT NIP Then take them to the Animal Shelter that you PAY TAXES for.  One other thing you can do if there is a place to Plant Cat Nip Away from your house that will be where the Cats will Hang Out, Not at your Place

Great idea!!!!!!!!!
Or you can just catch it and twist it's little head off.
IT'S JUST A FUCKING CAT!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:49:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Compassion for what or who?  I have compassion for the poor schlub who has a problem with strays.  I don't have compassion for the idiots who litter the earth with house cats.  A shot to the head is the compassionate thing to do for a stray or feral animal.  Killing feral animals that kill native animal life or contained livestock is the compasionate thing to do for all concerned.  Hauling a sick animal to a shelter where it will not receive medical attention for two or three days before being killed is not compassionate (there is an overabundance of stray dogs and cats in shelters).  "Rescuing" a stray and letting it have offspring to sell or give-away or abandon is not compassionate.  A .22 can be the most human and responsible thing to do in the vast majority of stray/feral situations.

BTW, how many animals have you rescued from the side of the road or from the shelter?  The people who kill strays at least put their money where their mouths are.  The don't-kill-it crowd sits back, wags its collective tongue, and does nothing to resolve the problems.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:56:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Currently Living with 9, my oldest I had to put down Tuesday, 5 Others that Died at Various ages in the past
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:58:57 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I don't beleive that was God's attitude when He created cats.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:01:45 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't believe that was God's attitude when He created cats.

Really?  He gave me dominion over all animals did He not?

That means when it is in my yard I get to kill it.

Animals have NO souls.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:01:50 AM EDT
[#48]

A few thoughts.
If some people on here like killing so much, exactly what is it that stops them from being on the 1st plane to iraq?
Besides the fact that it might be their a!! that buys it over there and they likely aren't man enough to take what they dish out.

"A cat is not a person. "It is no more and no less significant that a house fly."

And the world would stop if you or your loved ones died?

"A stray is just a pest. They don't belong in the ecosystem."

Says the kettle. Yeah the human race has done a world of good for the ecosystem. We've eliminated who knows how many species in our short time on earth, and do countless acts of rape against the environment on a daily basis.

"They don't have souls or a conscience."

Who are you God?

"They are simply the animal equivalent of a noxious, invasive, non-native plant species (weed) in your garden."

No more or less than people. As if your shi! smells like vanilla extract.

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:02:00 AM EDT
[#49]
You know those water ballon sling shots that will shoot a water ballon several hundred yards? they work great for kittens to!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:02:07 AM EDT
[#50]
yeah I know. But I better stay out of this one

The girlfriend came in and caught me sighting in my ACOG on her cat, and the love ain't been the same since.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top