Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2004 8:15:53 PM EDT
I took the family to the Iowa State Fair today and went to the Iowa Pork tent to get a tenderloin, when lo and behold, Tom Harkin was in there pouring tea glasses for the folks.  I told my wife to get pictures of me standing with him.  She didn't understand why and I told her I would tell her later.  

Senator Harkin had two interns there running interference for him one of which saw I wanted a picture with Harkin and asked me my name and where I was from.  Tom Harkin talked to me, quite a pleasent conversation and as my wife put the camera away, THEN the other female intern saw what was going on and glared the look of death at me...  

Why?

I was wearing my TEAM AR15.COM hat I just got last week!!!

It doesn't show up too well in the picture, I was kind of disapointed.

In case you are wondering who Tom Harkin is, he is one of the most anti Gun senators in the Senate.

patsue
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:17:23 PM EDT
[#1]
shoulda slugged him while you had the chance

j/k
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:17:27 PM EDT
[#2]
You should have offered to take him to the range.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:17:36 PM EDT
[#3]
LMFAO!!!

Iowa pork tent!!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I sure hope you didnt touch his hands,  and you got more balls than me getting that close to a flaming liberal
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#5]
LOL - patsue, you are the new Michael Moore for our side (and I mean that in a complementary way)!

Here we see Tom Harkin, enthralling a voter with his infinite wisdom, all the while oblivious to the fact that said voter would rather cut off his left testicle than vote for this foul piece of flatulence!

Next time, bring a video camera, and be sure to ask him for some cool war stories about that torturous tour of Viet Nam he claims to have served...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:41:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:16:56 AM EDT
[#7]
You should have stuffed some Iowa pork in his pooper and posted the pics here.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:21:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Kudos, Patsue, kudos!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:33:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Pull the hat lower on your forehead next time right as you start talking so it shows up better in the pics.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:53:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Harken...........?.........Isn't he some kind of Vietnam Warrior fighter Pilot Poser?...Kind of like a kommiekerry?You should have asked him about his combat tours in Nam.Typical dummykrap...."I will never be found out war hero."  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:58:49 AM EDT
[#11]
That picture looks like you are saying to yourself "get your dirty mitt off my shoulder!"

Samuel
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:24:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Harkin is also a liar.  He keeps claiming he was a fighter pilot in Vietnam, and he wasn't there.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:35:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I half expected to see you throwing the "Shocker"....
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:35:39 AM EDT
[#14]
"Senator, not counting the seagulls you sucked in over Guam, how many kills did you get over Southeast Asia?"
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:38:18 AM EDT
[#15]
What, no "crossed" fingers....
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:38:18 AM EDT
[#16]
A number of years ago I had to pick Tom Harkin up from the airport. He was coming to town for some Cogressional Ag meeting. I won't get into the details as to how I ended up in this position other than to say that I know one of the 'others' involved in the meeting who asked me if I could pick Harkin up. Seems that there wasn't anyone else that was free at the time to do it (again, I won't get into detail).

So here I was headed up I-95 with one of the devil's minion in my car, carrying on a polite conversation (he really wasn't very conversive) while trying to contain my complete and utter contempt for the man.

Oh, he's so fortunate that I treat people like him according to my standards of decency, and not his.

True story.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top