Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2004 6:46:18 PM EDT
Guess you will be coming to see me, now.

All BP training will be moved to Artesia, NM.

This is going to be huge for our little town.

BP press release

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:01:10 PM EDT
[#1]
How many jobs do you figure this will bring to your town?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Not real sure yet.

It will bring numerous instructors and support staff and admin people.  Plus, they already have plans for significant construction.

Our housing market is already pretty outrageous because of FLETC.

I can't wait personally.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#3]
This ought to cut down on the illegal population in your neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#4]
That sucks for Charleston, the current home of the Border Patrol Academy. I know Glenco, GA has been trying to move the BPA there since the USBP went to Homeland Security.  Looks like I might lose my shooting partner.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I hate the fact that it might hurt other towns.  

But, I have never seen the logic in training BP folks on the East Coast, or in the deep South.

They are going to operate here in the desert southwest.  Where there is tons of Spanish speaking illegals.  Also the potential for field exercises during a rookie school is excellent.  Nothing like some real-world conditions for a rookie to handle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top