Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2004 5:21:23 PM EDT
Has John O'Neil finally beat John Kerry? They'd had a personal battle going since the Vietnam war and I think O'Neil has finally sealed Kerry's fate and got one over on him.

Check out the page about Kerry's FITREP reports. They blast him!

www.swiftvets.com/

Swift Boat Veterans for Truth has been formed to counter the false "war crimes" charges John Kerry repeatedly made against Vietnam veterans who served in our units and elsewhere, and to accurately portray Kerry's brief tour in Vietnam as a junior grade Lieutenant. We speak from personal experience -- our group includes men who served beside Kerry in combat as well as his commanders. Though we come from different backgrounds and hold varying political opinions, we agree on one thing: John Kerry misrepresented his record and ours in Vietnam and therefore exhibits serious flaws in character and lacks the potential to lead.

We regret the need to do this. Most Swift boat veterans would like nothing better than to support one of our own for America's highest office, regardless of whether he was running as a Democrat or a Republican. However, Kerry's phony war crimes charges, his exaggerated claims about his own service in Vietnam, and his deliberate misrepresentation of the nature and effectiveness of Swift boat operations compels us to step forward.

For more than thirty years, most Vietnam veterans kept silent as we were maligned as misfits, addicts, and baby killers. Now that a key creator of that poisonous image is seeking the Presidency we have resolved to end our silence.

The time has come to set the record straight.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:43:42 PM EDT
[#1]
One can only hope.

Just to correct the record, it isn't just CDR O'Neill.  He has 253 brothers in arms who are against Kerry as well.  They make a VERY compelling case.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:45:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:33:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
As long as the mainstream media is functioning, he will not be sunk.  We are making the same mistake the ultra-Libs make--"Everyone I know just HATES <Bush/Kerry>--just *WHO* would vote for him??"  We live politics all the time.  "Normal" people don't.  

The mainstream media may be functioning, but with the Internet that Gore invented that can be circumvented.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
As long as the mainstream media is functioning, he will not be sunk.  We are making the same mistake the ultra-Libs make--"Everyone I know just HATES <Bush/Kerry>--just *WHO* would vote for him??"  We live politics all the time.  "Normal" people don't.  

The mainstream media may be functioning, but with the Internet that Gore invented that can be circumvented.

How many people read the news any further then the first 3 pages of the paper or front page of CNN.  thats the problem if it isnt out on the front too be seen alot of people will never know about it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#6]
when/if kerry loses I think the Swift boat group will be the "hanging chad" for 2004 and we'll hear the liberals bitching about them for 4 years
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:40:36 AM EDT
[#7]
maybe it will swing the swing voters, but the voters are polarized.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I went to their site today and contributed.  I hope these Swifties help torpedo Lt. John "Gunboat Gilligan" Kerry.  If Kerry loses, it will be a result of the Swifties, the NRA, GOA, and a hundred other organizations who fired up their members to vote against him.  I wish this was an election about voting for someone;  it just doesn't seem to be that way.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:49:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:00:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Lippo wrote:

Has John O'Neil sunk Kerry?

Here's hoping!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:02:27 PM EDT
[#11]
BUT BUT BUT...  these guys didn't really "serve with" with John F'n Kerry, um, er, 'cause they weren't on the same boat.

Of course:  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top