Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2004 4:13:23 PM EDT
I'm haveing a lot of trouble with it.  When captureing video, it keeps stopping and telling me that it has lost the time code.  It was going well the last time after I dissabled the screen saver, and made sure the moniter would not shut off after 10min, then it just stopped after 36min and would not respond.

So far I hate this program.  I don't know anything about it, so I'm sure it is just because it is over my head, and I am an idiot.  

I have yet to figure out how to actually capture my "log-ins" to find out if it is catching the automatic scene detections.  I still can't figure that one out.  If I could I think I could actually make this work.  

I guess I could manually detect scenes in capture mode, creating individual log-ins for each scene.  That would take forever.

Anyone?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:33:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Been there, done that, finally used hacked together some code in linux to just suck data in off the firewire port I was using and created one bigassed file, which I then opened and edited in premiere pro.

Never did get PP to capture very well.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:47:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Well that is what I'm thinking of doing.  Well, actually, I may just dump the son of a bitch and look for something else.  I'm glad to know it isn't just me.

How do you get the scene detection to work? Did you get that to work?  It says that captureing isn't really capturing, just logging clips, then you have to capture them.  Is that right?  I can't figure out how to do that.  I can use the clips, but they are in large strings, not individual scenes.  

One last question, did you ever figure out how to get PP to break up clips into scenes that was not captured on PP?  I can capture fine using Sonic, but will PP then allow me to split that into scenes, without doing it manually?  

At least the Sonic program that came on my Dell actually captures well, it just doesn't allow any editing without paying for it.

Last bit of bitching....why the hell does Windows moviemaker not allow you to burn DVDs!!!! It could be so easy.  It worked well on CD, but that doesn't do me any good, if I want to share them with my family on DVD format.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:31:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Bump....Anyone else have any experience, and could answer my questions?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:40:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Been there, done that, finally used hacked together some code in linux to just suck data in off the firewire port I was using and created one bigassed file, which I then opened and edited in premiere pro.

Never did get PP to capture very well.  

FanoftheBlackRifle,

Could you clarify this? Was this code you wrote yourself or pulled down somewhere.  I'm capturing in premiere but would like another method to do it.  I'm interested in hearing more about your method of getting the file pulled down in linux
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:45:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I've used the program and I would say it's definately the most powerful program out there.  Did you get the users manual with it?  It's about two inches thick.  As a computer person I can usually pick up how a program works but for this one I had to run through the tutorials and read the manual.  I just rebuilt my computer and don't have it setup so I can't look at the program to see exactly how I set it up.

I'm not sure what type of video you are trying to capture but the way that I go about it is I just capture the entire tape in AVI format to the disk.  15 minutes of video will produce about a 5GB file.  So I usually split the video at that point.  Then I put all four pieces on the timeline to get the whole tape into the progam.  Then I edit from there.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top