Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2004 2:39:27 PM EDT
I'm selling one of my Kimbers.  At work we have a bulletin board where people can post things for sale, called "The Trading Post".  It's in the cafeteria.  The rules are pretty simple, no objectionable material, nothing illegal, ad must have the date it was posted and must be taken down after 2 weeks.

So yesterday I made up a flyer with pictures of my Kimber and accessories. I made it with the little tabs at the bottom that you can tear off that have my name and number.  

I checked it last night before I left to see if any tabs were torn off.  I checked it this morning when I got to work, and again before I went to lunch.  When I went to check it after lunch, the whole flyer was gone.

I went down to the office that controls the board.  I was polite and courteous when I asked about it, because I realized that they may not have been the ones who took it down.  They said that they didn't have a problem with me advertising a gun on the board, and that they didn't take it down.  So, either some anti-gun POS took it, or someone who really wants the gun took it so no one else would call me first.  I'm guessing anti-gun POS.

So, tomorrow the ad goes back up, and I'll have a little stakeout in the cafeteria.

(spelling edit)
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Glue it to the board.  That'll show 'em!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:13:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Glue it to the board.  That'll show 'em!

Hadn't thought about that. I don't think the people who run the board would appreciate it though.

I did think about putting about a hundred pushpins around the edges of the flyer.

I don't know what I'm going to say if I catch the prick who took it down, but it won't be pretty.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Add a target to the pic stating the distance from the board to the door.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Add a target to the pic stating the distance from the board to the door.

SGatr15

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top