Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 12:49:15 PM EDT
Looking for gifts for my groomsmen.  I've gotten stuff like tool kits and pocket knives, and those are good ideas, but I want to get something that reflects my personality.  Only one of the guys is a 'gun guy' (yeah, I know, shame on me...), so that eliminates most of the fun stuff.  They come from all different occupations, so it's hard to find a common thread.  My fiance says you're supposed to give everyone the same thing.

I'm thinking about Surefire lights.  How does that sound?  Everyone can use a good flashlight, and it's a nice enough gift that it won't just get thrown in a closet and forgotten.

Any other good ideas?  I thought maybe a multitool, but a Surefire sounds more fun to me...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I gave all my groomsmen Leatherman tools.

Another gift idea might be a 3-4 LED headlamp.  I LOVE mine, and my dad loves the one I got for his birthday one year.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Call up a few knife manufacturers and tell them your sad story.

You can get a bulk of Stainless handled Spyderco Delicas for maybe $35-45 each and have them engraved or something.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:53:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I gave my groomsmen jack shit.  But I was young and poor.  I did pay half on their suits though.

Last two weddings I've been in, I've gotten some golf related stuff (guy was a big golfer) and a ticket to a Baltimore Orioles game.

Give them matching Glock 19's.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Kershaw does custom engraving
Looks pretty nice too
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:54:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Blowjobs from a fine ass stripper ain't a bad idea either or something.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:54:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Surefires (NOT the G2!!)

Knives

Multi-Tool

My top three choices for gifts for just about anyone and any occasion

Get each one of them an E2E, that would be cool!

And for God sakes, don't make them pay for anything!!!!  I think that is just rude.  My dipshit brother-in-law is paying to fly him and his GF from Aspen to Hawaii, because they are both in his friend's wedding!!!  Do you know how expensive it is to fly in and out of Aspen?!?!?!?  I do!!  Damn
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:54:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Give them matching Glock 19's.

Um no, I'll save that for my next wedding, after I win the lotto.  

I don't like these guys THAT much.  Price range is $50-100.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:59:06 PM EDT
[#8]
After 9/13 you can get them all UZIs and AK-47 you found on the sidewalk
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:00:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I gave mine these...

Was a hit.  I didn't get rid of mine till I got a Leatherman Wave (and they might be a bit pricey for a group of guys).

Got one of these from a friend...

edit: mine had my initials, nothing about scouts
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I gave mine these...

www.knifesite.com/fullsize/CC1SB.jpg

Was a hit.  I didn't get rid of mine till I got a Leatherman Wave (and they might be a bit pricey for a group of guys).

Got one of these from a friend...

a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/6640/7d/www.thingsremembered.com/images/large/000518042L.jpg
edit: mine had my initials, nothing about scouts

+1

got my guys a nice pocket knife.  was a hit
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I got a nice personal grooming kit in a leather case when I was a groomsman and I gave engraved silver flasks to my groomsmen/ushers
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:07:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I gave my groomsmen powertools.  My best man also got an engraved pocketwatch.  

Surefire lights sound good.  

Kirk
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:07:31 PM EDT
[#13]
ya, ya, ya, i know, go figure.................

i got my best man an engraved flask with his name and the date and i got my groomsmen engraved shot glasses with the same
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:10:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I got a bronze tire gauge, but then he kept me boozed up for the month before celebrating.  He may have been better off to buy us all G-17s.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:13:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn, are you supposed to buy the best man something different?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:14:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
And for God sakes, don't make them pay for anything!!!!  I think that is just rude.  My dipshit brother-in-law is paying to fly him and his GF from Aspen to Hawaii, because they are both in his friend's wedding!!!  Do you know how expensive it is to fly in and out of Aspen?!?!?!?  I do!!  Damn

Suits for my wedding were about $70 each.  I paid $40 and asked them to pay $30.  Two of them paid, one didn't.  Not a big deal.

Friend #1 gets married, his fiance picks out the most fucking expensive tux in the place.  Cost to groomsmen?  $125 each.  He gave us the golf stuff and bought us dinner.

Friend #2 gets married.  He picks out somewhat reasonable suit.  $90 rental.  He pays for shoe rental.  Ends up costing groomsman around $70 each.  He gave us the baseball tix.  Also gave me leftover (approx 60 bottles) beer after his wedding.

I hope none of my other friends get married soon.  Damn things are breaking me up.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:16:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Looking for gifts for my groomsmen.  I've gotten stuff like tool kits and pocket knives, and those are good ideas, but I want to get something that reflects my personality.  Only one of the guys is a 'gun guy' (yeah, I know, shame on me...), so that eliminates most of the fun stuff.  They come from all different occupations, so it's hard to find a common thread.  My fiance says you're supposed to give everyone the same thing.

I'm thinking about Surefire lights.  How does that sound?  Everyone can use a good flashlight, and it's a nice enough gift that it won't just get thrown in a closet and forgotten.

Any other good ideas?  I thought maybe a multitool, but a Surefire sounds more fun to me...

I will gladly be one of your groomsmen.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:17:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Damn, are you supposed to buy the best man something different?

shit if i know if it's in the "rules" or not but i thought it was appropriate................
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I've never paid for a tux when I was in a wedding party, so I plan on covering those.

As far as travel, I have a lot of friends/family out of town, and I've always had to cover my own expenses.  Sucks, but weddings are friggen expensive for both sides.  I think the reception dinner is $100 per plate plus liquor, rehersal dinner is about half that.  

If I had the dough, I'd cover their travel costs, but unfortunately that ain't going to happen.  I feel bad about it, because I hate making folks go out of their way for me.  But it is a one time event...

Hey, they can stay at my place if they need somewhere to crash!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Heh heh, well two of them are in KC, so you guys can carpool.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:25:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Engraved flasks or zippos are good.  I never made the groomsmen/best man pay for the tux (2 marriages) because that seemed shitty to me to ask them to travel to my wedding and then pay to be in it.

my .02
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:27:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Heh heh, well two of them are in KC, so you guys can carpool.

I promise to behave.  And when you are asked "Do you take this woman to be your wife?" I will not yell

IT'S A TRAP!!!

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:28:43 PM EDT
[#24]
The Wedge family did engraved glass beer mugs for our wedding.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:41:27 PM EDT
[#25]
My buddy got each of use a Coach wallets with our initials on it....pricey, but I use that thing everyday and will probably last me 20 yrs.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:54:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
After 9/13 you can get them all UZIs and AK-47 you found on the sidewalk

I thought that was only in California?

Edited to add that the Surefires sound good to me! Or at least something tactical or ninja-like!

And, yes, the best man usually gets a little something extra.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Go with the sure fire.  That's what I thought halfway through your post, then I finished reading and saw that you already came up with it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#28]
You are gonna hear the Knife, Flashlight, Multi-tool thing a lot, because they are great ideas.

Knife;
my University just banned knives on campus, so I bought a SOG Twitch I (It's small, what they don't know won't hurt them) it looks great, could be engraved, and built very well (about $35)

Flashlight;
Surefires are always good, but check out Inova's new X0, it has incredible performance for an LED, and looks fantastic. It can also be engraved. (about $40 - $50)

I know nothing about good multi-tools.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:12:26 AM EDT
[#29]
I was in a wedding party that got some real nice slingshots. We were all country boys at heart and it was funny for the reception to be going on inside but all the groomsmen and the groom to be in the parking lot shooting at beer cans in the parking lot. We were highly amused.

S.O.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:24:24 AM EDT
[#30]
+1 for flask easy access to courage liquor before they have to say a speach
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:09:17 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Go with the sure fire.  That's what I thought halfway through your post, then I finished reading and saw that you already came up with it.

Yes go with the sure fire.  I need a sure fire  You groomsmen need sure fire's.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:47:48 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

And they looked like this:

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:50:42 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And they looked like this:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/brisk322/Itsatrapmug.jpg

Thanks for coming to the wedding.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:24:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Ooooh, oooh, I think I found a good one.

It'll give you guys something to do on the morning of the wedding.  The guys generally sit around and do nothing until the pictures are taken.

www.bananatoys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=B&Product_Code=RCPlane
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:26:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Think Benchmade.

Oh:
www.nomarriage.com
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:28:42 AM EDT
[#36]
NRA memberships...
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:35:08 AM EDT
[#37]

I gave my groomsmen custom Criswell tanto knives that were engraved with names and date.

Some of the better groomsmen gifts I have received/seen are:

- SKS rifles (My absolute favorite! These were the $100 Russian one that were out very a while)
- NAA mini-revolvers
- Pewter flasks (engraved)

Groosmen gifts are traditionally are personal type of effect.

-Z
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:01:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Thanks for the ideas guys.  

If money was not issue, I think the coolest gift would be matching 1911s.  Doesn't get much better than that.

BUT since I'm on a budget...

I'm thinking my top two choices are:

Surefire light
Knive with engraving
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:17:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:27:50 AM EDT
[#40]
My brother is getting married, again, next weekend. As his best man, I'm getting:

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:42:06 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Surefire light Knive with engraving

Another vote for the surefire. ( I bought 2 more this week.  Love 'em.)

Seems I remember that they will engrave them.  Waiting for an email response from them to confirm this.  

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:42:32 AM EDT
[#42]
What part of MO are you?  Men's Wearhouse has a pretty neat collection of engraved knick knacks, shot glasses and flasks are by far the most popular, there are candles and stuff for her too.  Cheaper than Just For Him, I know.  IM me if you are interested.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#43]
I gave my groomsmen pocket humidors complete with a Montecristo No 2.

http://www.bcspecialties.com/cigarasp/pockethum.asp
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:55:05 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I gave my groomsmen pocket humidors complete with a Montecristo No 2.

http://www.bcspecialties.com/cigarasp/pockethum.asp

Great idea.  I got a small cherry humidor from my buddy and his wife as a groomsmans gift.  Came with a selection of different cigars.  Tasteful and useful.  

Congrats on your upcoming marriage, BTW!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#45]
My guys all got Swiss K-31's and a 100 rounds of ammo.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Surefire light Knive with engraving

Another vote for the surefire. ( I bought 2 more this week.  Love 'em.)

Seems I remember that they will engrave them.  Waiting for an email response from them to confirm this.  

I was wrong, not for small orders anyway .  Local shop might could though.  Here's the response from surefire:

We have the ability to laser engrave lights.  There an additional up charge per light, set-up fee and minimum quantity required. (typically 100-200 units).  If you would like more detailed information, feel free to contact me directly

Thank you,
Dave Pasienski  
Regional Sales Representative          
Office # (800) 828-8809 ext. 2149

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top