Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 12:21:47 PM EDT
Swift Boat Veteran for Truth leader claims Kerry was "not under fire" during rescue. Strangely, the guy won a Bronze Star for being under fire during the exact same conflict. Not a fan of Kerry, but I call bullshit when I see it.

ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGB9ATWE2YD.html

Heres another
www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=231
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:23:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, you need to read a little more carefully and do a little more research before passing judgment.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=266084
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:27:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Swift Boat Veteran for Truth leader claims Kerry was "not under fire" during rescue. Strangely, the guy won a Bronze Star for being under fire during the exact same conflict. Not a fan of Kerry, but I call bullshit when I see it.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#4]
More and more are seeing the truth
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:27:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:28:43 PM EDT
[#6]
oh noes, Im a troll for not believing BS.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Whatever Jesus.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
oh noes, Im a troll for not believing BS.

No you were right Kerry sucks

and things have been said about a vet that should not have been said

Bush still needs to win.

I stand with you on this.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:30:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

hannity wit O'Neil Now
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll go ahead and get it in early -

A G N T S A

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:34:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I guarantee you DNC Henchmen have been digging through each of the the 250 plus swift boat vets from that book's records with a fine tooth comb.  This is the best they can do?  How hard is to to believe that a vietnam vet who receives an award in the mail AFTER discharge might have missed a MINOR detail in the narrative - or thought it insignificant - until Kerry's campaign forces the issue 30 years later?  That's assuming he even read it thoroughly.  Having lost it, he clearly wasn't the type to frame it and put it on is wall.  I guess being accused of war crimes might put a bad taste in your mouth and just make you want to forget the whole thing.  Nearly every recipient of BSMs and above I have ever met has downplayed the narration and said somthing to the effect of "I was just doing my job, it wasn't as bad as that makes it sound."  Most of it's modesty, but sometimes narratives get a little embellished in the rear - but nothing worth turning down an award for - as some have suggest Thurlow should have - as long as you did the main thing the narrative talks abouta)  All except Kerry - who goes back later to make movies about his medals.

Statement By Swift Boat Veterans for Truth Member Larry Thurlow
Author:
Dated: Thursday, August 19 2004 @ 09:00 AM PDT
Viewed: 23415 times
For Immediate Release

I am convinced that the language used in my citation for a Bronze Star was language taken directly from John Kerry's report which falsely described the action on the Bay Hap River as action that saw small arms fire and automatic weapons fire from both banks of the river.

To this day, I can say without a doubt in my mind, along with other accounts from my shipmates -- there was no hostile enemy fire directed at my boat or at any of the five boats operating on the river that day.

I submitted no paperwork for a medal nor did I file an after action report describing the incident. To my knowledge, John Kerry was the only officer who filed a report describing his version of the incidents that occurred on the river that day.

It was not until I had left the Navy -- approximately three months after I left the service -- that I was notified that I was to receive a citation for my actions on that day.

I believed then as I believe now that I received my Bronze Star for my efforts to rescue the injured crewmen from swift boat number three and to conduct damage control to prevent that boat from sinking. My boat and several other swift boats went to the aid of our fellow swift boat sailors whose craft was adrift and taking on water. We provided immediate rescue and damage control to prevent boat three from sinking and to offer immediate protection and comfort to the injured crew.

After the mine exploded, leaving swift boat three dead in the water, John Kerry's boat, which was on the opposite side of the river, fled the scene. US Army Special Forces officer Jim Rassmann, who was on Kerry's boat at the time, fell off the boat and into the water. Kerry's boat returned several minutes later -- under no hail of enemy gunfire -- to retrieve Rassmann from the river only seconds before another boat was going to pick him up.

Kerry campaign spokespersons have conflicting accounts of this incident -- the latest one being that Kerry's boat did leave but only briefly and returned under withering enemy fire to rescue Mr. Rassmann. However, none of the other boats on the river that day reported enemy fire nor was anyone wounded by small arms action. The only damage on that day was done to boat three -- a result of the underwater mine. None of the other swift boats received damage from enemy gunfire.

And in a new development, Kerry campaign officials are now finally acknowledging that while Kerry's boat left the scene, none of the other boats on the river ever left the damaged swift boat. This is a direct contradiction to previous accounts made by Jim Rassmann in the Oregonian newspaper and a direct contradiction to the "No Man Left Behind" theme during the Democratic National Convention.

These ever changing accounts of the Bay Hap River incident by Kerry campaign officials leave me asking one question. If no one ever left the scene of the Bay Hap River incident, how could anyone be left behind?

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

here is the truth

Sir, I remember you were one of those   spreading the Swift boat lies .

I can't stand Kerry and what he did
his medals being thrown at the White House
his speaking out against former and current soldiers still in  the war while we were still engaged in it (as a solider , even a former solider, that was a betrayal)

He is shit, I just want the true shit on him not fabrications.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I guarantee you DNC Henchmen have been diggin up each on the the 250 plus vets records with a fine tooth comb.  This is the best they can do?  How hard is to to believe that a veitnam vet who receives an awrd in the mail AFTER discharge might have missed a MINOR detail in the narrative - or thought it insignificant -

If you ever did anything like that you would not forget it ever ---------- ever. No such thing as a minor detail in something like that.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:42:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I guarantee you DNC Henchmen have been diggin up each on the the 250 plus vets records with a fine tooth comb.  This is the best they can do?  How hard is to to believe that a veitnam vet who receives an awrd in the mail AFTER discharge might have missed a MINOR detail in the narrative - or thought it insignificant -

If you ever did anything like that you would not forget it ever ---------- ever. No such thing as a minor detail in something like that.

WTF - CAN'T YOU FUCKING READ!  HE REMEMBERS THAT DAY VIVIDLY!  Remembering the citation for the Bronze Star you were awarded long AFTER the fact is an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT MATTER.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

And realizing you're a sucker who'll believe anything.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:45:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF - CAN'T YOU FUCKING READ!  HE REMEMBERS THAT DAY VIVIDLY! Remembering the citation for the Bronze Star you were awarded long AFTER the fact is an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT MATTER.

yeah fucking right -- whatever. I still stand by my statement.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:46:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

here is the truth

No, you are the one spreading Kerry's lies about his experiences.  And I see you've found Jesus...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:50:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

No, you are the one spreading Kerry's lies about his experiences.  And I see you've found Jesus...

Good 'un  

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:55:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I do not see The SwiftVets as liars. I think they have a preponderance of evidence in the book. Maybe you should read it. I have.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Let's see here... who's story keeps changing ?

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:02:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Hmmmm....  Pretty much as I thought.  Kerry's puffed up report is the ONLY report that was submitted.  Lets see, two guys say there was "withering enemy fire", one of whom is running his campaign on the 30 year old war hero platform. Three other boats full of people with no major incentive to lie say there wasn't.  It's so hard to figure out who to believe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am convinced that the language used in my citation for a Bronze Star was language taken directly from John Kerry's report which falsely described the action on the Bay Hap River as action that saw small arms fire and automatic weapons fire from both banks of the river.

To this day, I can say without a doubt in my mind, along with other accounts from my shipmates-there was no hostile enemy fire directed at my boat or at any of the five boats operating on the river that day.

I submitted no paperwork for a medal nor did I file an after action report describing the incident. To my knowledge, John Kerry was the only officer who filed a report describing his version of the incidents that occurred on the river that day.

It was not until I had left the Navy-approximately three months after I left the service-that I was notified that I was to receive a citation for my actions on that day.

I believed then as I believe now that I received my Bronze Star for my efforts to rescue the injured crewmen from swift boat number three and to conduct damage control to prevent that boat from sinking. My boat and several other swift boats went to the aid of our fellow swift boat sailors whose craft was adrift and taking on water. We provided immediate rescue and damage control to prevent boat three from sinking and to offer immediate protection and comfort to the injured crew.

After the mine exploded, leaving swift boat three dead in the water, John Kerry's boat, which was on the opposite side of the river, fled the scene. US Army Special Forces officer Jim Rassmann, who was on Kerry's boat at the time, fell off the boat and into the water. Kerry's boat returned several minutes later-under no hail of enemy gunfire-to retrieve Rassmann from the river only seconds before another boat was going to pick him up.

And in a new development, Kerry campaign officials are now finally acknowledging that while Kerry's boat left the scene, none of the other boats on the river ever left the damaged swift boat. This is a direct contradiction to previous accounts made by Jim Rassmann in the Oregonian newspaper and a direct contradiction to the "No Man Left Behind" theme during the Democratic National Convention.

These ever changing accounts of the Bay Hap River incident by Kerry campaign officials leave me asking one question. If no one ever left the scene of the Bay Hap River incident, how could anyone be left behind?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm no big fan of GWB really.  I think he's marginal as a president .  However Kerry is such an oozing, slime-filled, slithering, piece of self-aggrandizing trash that I can not stand him.  If he'd never brought up his 4 months of service it wouldn't be an issue.  But he wants to have it both ways.  Take his word for it he's a hero, and any hero who says otherwise is a republican liar.

I wouldn't vote for him now if I were tortured.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:05:57 PM EDT
[#24]

The leader of the swift vets was awarded the bronze star 3 mos. after leaving the Navy.

He "thought" it was for actions involved in the recovery of the boat hit by a mine.

Kerry wrote the after action report and lied about incoming small arms fire that day. Kerry wrote in his Vietnam journal that on that day they did NOT get shot at. The man who was given a bronze star said publicly that if it was for bravery under fire then he DID NOT WANT the medal as he HAD NOT EARNED IT. The medals were awarded for bogus claims by Kerry and no one else. He submitted for the shiny stuff and was given it by writing false reports.

This is not a bogus claim by the swift boat vet. Kerry was the ONLY boat to di di mau from the scene when the boat hit a mine, everyone else stayed. Kerry returned to pick up the guy overboard just before another boat was going to pick him up.

Kerry is lower than low. Medals are there for a REASON, he deserves NONE!!

Dram out

BTW, original poster, you sound like a Democrat troll. Just thought you might like to know.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

BTW, original poster, you sound like a Democrat troll. Just thought you might like to know.

I'm with you on the for the original poster

and  to  cyanide You have been
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I can't stand Kerry and what he did
his medals being thrown at the White House
his speaking out against former and current soldiers still in  the war while we were still engaged in it (as a solider , even a former solider, that was a betrayal)

He is shit, I just want the true shit on him not fabrications.

Ok, who is logged in using cyanides account????

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:59:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Heres another

No, fuck you.
Read the story in depth, and the Story in the WaPo.
Kerry put himself in for the medal, highly unusual.
Kerry wrote the action report.
Thurlow didn't even know he was put in for the medal, and in fact received it months after he left.
FIVE swiftboats at that action, KERRY'S fled the scene of the mine explosion. The other four boats STAYED to render aid to the damaged boat and crewman.
And Rassman, the lying bastard supporting Kerry on his campaign, who ALSO got a medal for that action, who ALSO happens to have been the records / awards clerk for that unit at that time, who ALSO on alternating days has claimed both Democrat and Republican party affiliation depending on his audience - Rassman fell in the water, yet somehow can give eyeball testimony to Kerry's actions.
NONE of those other four boats crewman witnessed ANY enemy fire coming from ANYWHERE. NOBODY was shot, no boats were hit by small arms fire. Kerry CUT his arm in pilot house of his boat, and Rassman and one of his OTHER liars have said 'kerry was SHOT' that day, and tell glowing tales of a blood-dripping hero plucking Rassman out of the water.

Anybody else tired of these no-post members strolling in to propagandize for kerry?

C'mon Mods, do your job and trace this shills' IP address to a Kerry campaign HQ.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:24:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Heres another

No Jesus...actually YOU are full of it...and YOUR guy is going to lose!

Have a nice night...now move on back to the DU trool!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top