Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2004 11:34:43 AM EDT

Posted: August 19, 2004 at 11:59 a.m.
NEW YORK (AP) -- A new machine that allows bar-hoppers to inhale liquor instead of drinking it is set to make its debut in New York City tomorrow night.

There's already an effort to get it banned.

The machine combines alcohol and oxygen to create an inhalable alcoholic mist.

It's called Alcohol Without Liquid -- or AWOL -- and it's already available in Europe and Asia. Its American distributor, Spirit Partners, is touting it as a low-carb, low-calorie and hangover-free alternative to drinking.

The company says AWOL sends alcohol into the bloodstream faster than drinking, resulting in a quick buzz. But it also says the level of alcohol in the body after AWOL use is lower than for traditional drinkers.

Andrew Spano, the county executive in Westchester County, New York, doesn't like it. He worries it will attract underage drinkers, and is seeking a local or statewide ban
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#1]
i'm no medical expert but doesn't the alchohol in the blood give you the hangover?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:37:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes.  Ban them.  Banning things works so well in this country.  

I fucking swear the people that want these things banned are probably secretly investing in this technology.

(anybody know where I can get plans to make one of theses?)
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:39:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i'm no medical expert but doesn't the alchohol in the blood give you the hangover?

I think hangovers are caused by a few things:

1. Dehydration
2. Acute withdrawal
3. Sugars and other stuff (besides the alcohol itself) that are in drinks.

However, I'm no medical expert either.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:41:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:42:03 AM EDT
[#5]
cure hangovers the old fashion, before hittng the sack after a night of drinking, drink some water, and stay away from the sugary bitch drinks
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#6]
wake up with a hangover?  no problem, redneck mimosa and start drinking again..............it only hurts when you stop

as far as the breathing alcohol shit................are they TRYING to take the fun out of it?  watching the lightweights puke is half the fun!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top