Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 11:16:54 AM EDT
DTV withdrew $92.51 from my checking account today WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION! AND I dont even have DTV I have Dishnet
I cost me $22.50 to put a stop payment on a payment I never even ok'ed! Is there any way to get that $22 out of DTV?

FUCKING PRICKS!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:20:09 AM EDT
[#1]
+1

jackasses all of em.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:22:18 AM EDT
[#2]

WTF.... i'd be on their ass! they wanna sue the pants off of anyone who's brother's cousin's uncle pirates their shit. I say screw em!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:25:20 AM EDT
[#3]
How the hell did they even get your bank info?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:26:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That's a legitimate question.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
DTV withdrew $92.51 from my checking account today WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION! AND I dont even have DTV I have Dishnet
I cost me $22.50 to put a stop payment on a payment I never even ok'ed! Is there any way to get that $22 out of DTV?

FUCKING PRICKS!!

Nice context-free rant.
Care to give us the details of just how DTV had your checking account #?
Were you a customer? Did you cancel their service with a balance outstanding? Did you cancel your service before the completion of the required time period for receiving free equipment?

This kind of shit doesn't happen in a vacuum, and your rant trying to slander them while leaving out any of YOUR involvement in the matter stinks like hell.

Disclaimer:  I have absolutely NOTHING to do with an media service.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:29:59 AM EDT
[#6]

That is still in question, I've NEVER authorized anyone to withdraw from my account. I havent had DTV service in 3 years I have Dishnet I called DTV and they have no record of me owing them anything, Dont fuck with me now i'm pissed, I didnt even have this bank account when i last had DTV
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:31:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:32:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

That is still in question, I've NEVER authorized anyone to withdraw from my account. I havent had DTV service in 3 years I have Dishnet I called DTV and they have no record of me owing them anything, Dont fuck with me now i'm pissed, I didnt even have this bank account when i last had DTV

I hear "The Twilight Zone" music in the background.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FUCKING PRICKS!!

Nice context-free rant.
Care to give us the details of just how DTV had your checking account #?
Were you a customer? Did you cancel their service with a balance outstanding? Did you cancel your service before the completion of the required time period for receiving free equipment?

This kind of shit doesn't happen in a vacuum, and your rant trying to slander them while leaving out any of YOUR involvement in the matter stinks like hell.

Disclaimer:  I have absolutely NOTHING to do with an media service.

Context free?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#10]
DTVCocksuckers! I'm fucking pissed. Going out side to blow off steam.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:36:12 AM EDT
[#11]
oh yes,,, there are many ways to get money back from them.....

think hard....   or do a search on google  

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, I think DirectV sucks too.  At least they didn't try and just steal money from my account though.  I switched from DTV to DishNetwork about a year ago.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:40:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Uh... ok?  How do you put a "stop payment" on a payment that's already made?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Why the hell did you spend your own money to put a stop payment on that? You could have just gotten ALL your money back from DTV by bitching to them directly. Threaten them with police for stealing, whatever. THe bank fees - that's gonna be tougher.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#15]
It sounds to me that the BANK fucked up. I would be going to THEIR ass!!!

Ask them to show where you authorized DTV to take the money.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#16]
I could understand beingupset...but no reason to let this ruin your whole day.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:41:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Do you use this account to do anything on line?
Have you given any on-line merchants your account number?

Sounds to me like you and your account have been scammed.
More than likely it's not DTV's fault.

If you want to play the on-line bill pay game you should get one credit card with a limit (like $1K) and use it only for your on-line stuff.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Seriously, I know of people who have allowed the ACH bullshiite from their accounts so long that they had to close the account because one mistake made by one computer can drain your account. I know of businesses that pay their bills from "Zero Balance" accounts meaning that each month they add up the EXACT amount (to the PENNY) for all of the bills that they intend to pay and then deposit that EXACT amount into the account to cover the checks that they write the same day and keep the working capital in another account that can only be accessed by TWO signatures at the same time. This way there is nothing in the operating account to get tapped by anyone else. This means that after all the checks clear, there is a ZERO BALANCE in the account at the end of the month.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:00:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Seriously, I know of people who have allowed the ACH bullshiite from their accounts so long that they had to close the account because one mistake made by one computer can drain your account. I know of businesses that pay their bills from "Zero Balance" accounts meaning that each month they add up the EXACT amount (to the PENNY) for all of the bills that they intend to pay and then deposit that EXACT amount into the account to cover the checks that they write the same day and keep the working capital in another account that can only be accessed by TWO signatures at the same time. This way there is nothing in the operating account to get tapped by anyone else. This means that after all the checks clear, there is a ZERO BALANCE in the account at the end of the month.

That's what I do with my personal checking account, except I leave $1 in there to make me feel like I'm not completely broke.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:11:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I know of businesses that pay their bills from "Zero Balance" accounts meaning that each month they add up the EXACT amount (to the PENNY) for all of the bills that they intend to pay and then deposit that EXACT amount into the account to cover the checks that they write the same day and keep the working capital in another account that can only be accessed by TWO signatures at the same time.

That's almost standard practice with payroll accounts
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:35:19 PM EDT
[#21]
thinking about this, you may want to contact DTV and find have them look into the account withdraw. I know with dishnetwork, I can just punch in my CC info on the TV and exp date and pay my bill via the dish system itself. If someone out there was doing the same thing with DTV and accidently entered there CC number wrong, by even one number, it could have been charged to your debit account. Its just a theory but possible.... they dont check to see if the name matches the account, they just verify the CC number and exp date and do the transaction.......... I wold have the bank print up a statement showing the DTV attempt withdraw and your payemnt to block it. They should cough up the 22.00..............
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:39:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Context free?

Yep. Nothing in your opening rant about a prior business relationship with them. nothing about outstanding entanglements or lack thereof.
And "without my authorization" can mean anything from 'no existing contract' to 'I didn't want them to but they did anyway'.
I posted based on what you said.

And I see from your follow-up posts that there was a prior relationship with DTV. But now there is a question on how they got access to your account - is your account at the same bank chain? Someone may have been 'helpful'.

And you should find out what the Law is about your previous service contract being still binding, or being abused in this manner.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:46:34 PM EDT
[#23]
I checked and i did have the account when i last had DTV.  and i found out about it when i tried to use my debit card and it was declined so i called the bank at around noon and discovered the DTV charge, they said it was charged from my account at 11:10 this morning I called DTV and they told me  they have NO record of charging me and that my bill was paid in full when i cancelled my service 3 years ago. So i call the bank back and they said that i could fill out a form to unauthorize DTV, I never authorized them to begin with but i filled it out and paid $22.50 for a stop payment. This $92 charge overdrafted my account and caused choas. I dont use online paying nor can i recall ever paying DTV over the phone and AGAIN i never have authorized ANYONE to automatically draft from my account  so i'm still at a loss how they could draft money from my account and say they have no record of it when it's in black and white on my statement. I will be faxing a copy of my statement with a "BILL" for $22, and they said they would get back to me within 10 days

Your money is not safe in any bank
as for the $22 i guess we'll see, fucking cocksuckers
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I checked and i did have the account when i last had DTV.  and i found out about it when i tried to use my debit card and it was declined so i called the bank at around noon and discovered the DTV charge, they said it was charged from my account at 11:10 this morning I called DTV and they told me  they have NO record of charging me and that my bill was paid in full when i cancelled my service 3 years ago. So i call the bank back and they said that i could fill out a form to unauthorize DTV, I never authorized them to begin with but i filled it out and paid $22.50 for a stop payment. This $92 charge overdrafted my account and caused choas. I dont use online paying nor can i recall ever paying DTV over the phone and AGAIN i never have authorized ANYONE to automatically draft from my account  so i'm still at a loss how they could draft money from my account and say they have no record of it when it's in black and white on my statement. I will be faxing a copy of my statement with a "BILL" for $22, and they said they would get back to me within 10 days

Your money is not safe in any bank
as for the $22 i guess we'll see, fucking cocksuckers

Small claims court. Also, see if your state has a "civil theft" statute. In Fla., civil theft carries treble damages + attorney fees. Also, you may be able to get a lawyer to file for you if AR allows taxation of fees against someone who interposes a frivolous defense.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top