Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2001 3:01:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I must agree with ya, Paul.  I mailed my STG58 order to them last Monday (the 21st).  I figured they would be a bit behind because of the recall, so I waited until yesterday (the 30th) to send them an email to verify that they had received the payment and FFL.  A prompt response came back stating that it shipped on Friday (the 25th).  I picked it up today the (31st), and it is a beauty.  Now that is great service, considering that Monday was a holiday.

I was having all of these oddball dreams a few weeks back about the 21" barrel being too long, but this baby is a lot lighter and handier than I had imagined it would be.  I have to admit that your advice is what helped me make the decision to go full barrel instead of carbine.  Wise decision, IMO.

Thanks

Link Posted: 5/31/2001 3:42:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Cope and Paul,

The DSA STG-58 carbine is no lame duck either. I have inspected each and every part and it is perfect. My carbine has exactly the same no-holes muzzle brake that Paul mentioned.

I shot it last weekend and all 20 rnds were inside a 3" circle. Not bad for open sights. Maybe it is because of the longer sight radius. I hope to improve this when I install some optics later in the future.

To all who are interested in getting a .308 battlerifle, I seriously would suggest that you consider the DSA STG-58.

I did and I am pretty happy!

Link Posted: 5/31/2001 3:45:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I want one sooooo bad. And to make matters worse their company is located about ten miles north of me. BAW.....WAAAA [>(]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Just do it!!!

You will not regret it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#5]
For future reference what models do you recommend?

The STG58A is a lot cheaper.
Is the more expensive STG58 worth the extra money?

Carbine or lightweight carbine?

Standard rifle or contour? Or maybe the bull.

$200 extra for SS.

Oh, the choices. Help. And where can I find it at the absolute lowest price? [>:/]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 5:36:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Id like to know the diffrence too.About 1200 on the 58 and 795 on the 58A.I just bought a STG58 standard.It came with a synthetic forend.I looked and this was 40 extra on the websight.
I didnt get a carry handle either,heard it was better.Came with a hard casae manual and sling.Now that I think about it the barrel is made new at DSA.The 58A is probally out of new or lightly used kits.When I talked to DSA on the phone last year he mentioned the 58A would be on Imbel recievers.Any one have one like that?Or did they just end up using theres from the start?
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Paul,

Looking at the muzzle brake of your STG, it is longer than what is on my STG by around 2".
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice website Paul.

You move'in to Cali ??
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 10:57:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Paul.....

A trip to the 'Falls'? Fri or Sat?

Mine needs 'exercised' as well......
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 1:53:26 AM EDT
[#11]
The lower in my STG58 is aluminum.I guess that what makes it about 11/2lbs lighter than my STG58 kitgun.That and the lighting cuts on the upper.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 11:31:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Sombody post a pic of the dang carbine!!!

I need to see a pic so I can make up my mind and place an order.

Link Posted: 6/1/2001 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It seems that the rifles will be safely stored on a federal base or sent home back east to stay with my folks. .
View Quote

Hey, Paul -

I just discovered that you and I are related.

I will feed and "bathe" them, I promise.

Send 'em over. And if one of the M249's accidentally fell in with your personal guns, I wouldn't complain!!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top