Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2004 9:30:04 AM EDT
I haven't seen it in years but I was musing about it the other day.  They were "interned" in a POW camp for purposes of...?  Occasionally they would go out blow stuff up or gather some Intel, or maybe sneak out the occasional Italian, but seem to spend more time squabbling with the camp staff.  With all those guys in there seems a lot of investment with not much return.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:32:10 AM EDT
[#1]
A little early in the day to be posting under the influence, don't you think?

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:34:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

it's whats for breakfast
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:35:16 AM EDT
[#3]
One of the most mysterious conundrums of our time I agree.  Second only to the enigma that was/is The A-Team...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:38:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

hr
 Thats kinda scary, I'm not under the influence!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#5]
In my top 5 favorite shows of all time.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:45:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I will guess, Col pay was 100 buks, down to privates at 20. So for 350 USD, they got intel, sabotage, escape  for POW prevention and the good life as POW's.

I think that is major bang for the buck.

And if Col Hogan wasnt such a freak, he could be a Senator today!

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:53:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I haven't seen it in years but I was musing about it the other day.  They were "interned" in a POW camp for purposes of...?  Occasionally they would go out blow stuff up or gather some Intel, or maybe sneak out the occasional Italian, but seem to spend more time squabbling with the camp staff.  With all those guys in there seems a lot of investment with not much return.

Repeat after me: pages.prodigy.com/briarrose/schultz.wav
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:57:37 AM EDT
[#8]
If the Germans were as inept in real life as protrayed in 'Hogan's Hero's", even the French could have beat them...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:00:29 AM EDT
[#9]
They seemed to be well fed too...

My Grandfather wouldn't let me watch that show while growing up.  I think it had something do to with the six months he spent in PW camp.  He said when he escaped he was 5'8" and 110lbs.  Amazing story...  wish I would have taken notes the few times he'd talk about it.

Dg84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top