Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2004 7:46:04 AM EDT
Pretty excited?  Short term money is going to be good on initial shares.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:47:21 AM EDT
[#1]
not at 100 a share. The only ones who are going to profit from the IPO is the employees who get in at a bargain. The company has no real revenue stream which is why it downgraded its initial IPO. Something smells rotten in denmark. I will bet the stock tanks a bit at first. I will wait to see what they do in the meantime and what their plans to do with the money are. Right now my holdings are in sattelite radio. and fiber optics, and goldmines. yeah.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:47:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I dunno. Last I heard the IPO was going to be at over 100 bucks. I'd run and gun on that. Get in, get out FAST. I honestly dont see Google having the services and income to hold that stock price. I see it opening, climbing as everyone wants a peice, then dropping fast.

But, you knwo what they say, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:48:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Im not so sure about the short term money being so good on it.  I think that investors are scared that it will be like dot-com ipos of the late 90s and not push the price up that far, if at all.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:52:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:52:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I dunno. Last I heard the IPO was going to be at over 100 bucks. I'd run and gun on that. Get in, get out FAST. I honestly dont see Google having the services and income to hold that stock price. I see it opening, climbing as everyone wants a peice, then dropping fast.

Which truley is what I am counting on.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:53:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think I'll sit this one out......

I bailed on the .dot bust and saved the principal of my investments.....it was close though.

I'll stick to more "stable" markets than the flavor of the month search engine IPO.

Fate favors the bold.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:58:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Whew, took my 15 and bailed.  I actually was ready to sell at 13%, but my daughter cut her foot and it took me two minutes to clean it.  

Life is good.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:59:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bailed on the .dot bust and saved the principal of my investments.....it was close though.

I'll stick to more "stable" markets than the flavor of the month search engine IPO.

Fate favors the bold.

Actually, it's "Fortune" favors the bold - from "Fortes Fortuna adiuvat".  

Different connotations with Fate and Fortune.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:04:35 AM EDT
[#10]
That stock is gonna sink like a rock. Prob down to the 53 mark and take a whole year or two to climb back up.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:46:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fate favors the bold.

Actually, it's "Fortune" favors the bold - from "Fortes Fortuna adiuvat".  

Different connotations with Fate and Fortune.

Excatly why I used it in the context I did, but thanks for the other remidial lesson <s>.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:47:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
That stock is gonna sink like a rock. Prob down to the 53 mark and take a whole year or two to climb back up.

And it matters to me not a wit, as I have realized a very fast 14.7% (After expenses) profit.  Been waiting a week for a hit like this, now, I take the rest of the day off and go out ot lunch with my wife and kids.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:48:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah I use google....err....wait...can you repeat the question?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top