Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2004 5:16:38 PM EDT
On the radio today, Michael Savage stated that he owns an AR-15. He was commenting on a John Kerry quote, where Lurch said "we were given .50 caliber machine guns, and that is all we were given".

Savage called Lurch out on this point, saying "I have seen pictures of John Kerry with an M-16, which is not a .50 caliber machine gun. The M-16 shoots .223 bullets. I know, because I happen to own the civilian version of the M-16, which is the AR-15."

NICE! My respoect for him went up a couple of notches!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:49:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard this too, and felt the same. Michael Savage, if you browse this site, you are the man!

On a more local note, I hope WXDX stays on the air for a while. And I love these nights when Savage isn't pre-empted by THE FUCKING WOMEN'S NBA!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I like listening to "The Savage Nation" driving at nights across the fruited plain...

Didn't peg him for a 2A guy though... has to be really tuff living in SF, oh well!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#3]
He's great. I like his show. Now if he were to run for senate....
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:07:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard that he posts here.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:08:05 PM EDT
[#5]
He has always been rather outspoken about his support for the 2nd A.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

No he doesn't.  Michael Savage is just a fan that uses the handle, 'Michael Savage'.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I occasionally listen to his show, but he seems to ramble and rant too much.  But he's still OK, especially since he owns an AR-15!  I like Sean Hannity's show, but he seems to be against guns.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:16:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Too bad he doesn't consider republicans or democrats as pro or anti-gun. He doesn't do his homework, and apparently doesn't read emails.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#9]
He's one of us.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I read here previously that he doesn't oppose firearm registration.  Don't know if it's true, but it would be nice to know if he is a 'no compromise' 2A supporter.  I love listening to him rambling on.  It's usually a breath of fresh air.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:21:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Uh, no.

I could only wish, though. Very intelligent man. I'll be the first to say I don't agree with some of his opinions, but I think he always has a good point in his arguments.

I was surprised to see he was a Dietician. I didn't know that until I saw his book.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:44:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Savage also said "When a liberal says they're here to help, it's time to reach for your Glock."

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:48:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Savage is great to listen to, I work second shift, So I only get about 15 minutes of his show when I am on break.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:50:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Don't we have a poster whose posting name is Michael_Savage?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:53:43 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I occasionally listen to his show, but he seems to ramble and rant too much.  But he's still OK, especially since he owns an AR-15!  I like Sean Hannity's show, but he seems to be against guns.

I don't remember hearing that Hannity is against guns, he my not like them personally, but he has never said that people should not be able to have them.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:54:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I heard this too, and felt the same. Michael Savage, if you browse this site, you are the man!

I'm not Mike Savage, but I do own an AR15, just like he does! Can I be the man too?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:58:08 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I like Sean Hannity's show, but he seems to be against guns.

Wrong!  Hannity has talked about his LEO buddy taking him shooting.  Hannity claims that he likes shooting and is pretty good at it.  He could just be blowing smoke, however.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:00:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wrong!  Hannity has talked about his LEO buddy taking him shooting.  Hannity claims that he likes shooting and is pretty good at it.  He could just be blowing smoke, however.

Well, Someone said that he said that "militias are disgusting", and I remember him giving J.Jackson a complete pass when he made a crack about "AK-47s and Uzis on the street" in an interview at the DNC.  If he isn't against guns, he certainly knows nothing about them.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:09:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Some of the militias are disgusting.  I don't claim to have a lot of first hand experience with any of these groups, but they seem like FAT WHITE TRASH, Really.

If I saw some mean, lean dudes, I might consider them more legit.  But they're really mostly Hodge Podge groups of whack jobs as far as I've seen.

I would say he probably is not highly versed in guns, but that is a very small piece of his pie.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

H & C did an interview with actor Paul Sorvino, and when Hannity asked him about 2A, Sorvino went off about anti-Constitutionalist's and illegal gun bans. Hannity very loudly agreed. Both were very pro-gun.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:44:23 PM EDT
[#21]
oh, be still my heart.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Michael Savage is an asshole. Period.

+1
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Here comes the mamby pamby crowd.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

No shit.  He calls it as he sees it.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#26]
never heard of him.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#27]
YOU RANG(Lurch)
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Not true.

I like him.

CRC
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#29]
I read in a NRA mag that Reagan had one too.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.  He calls it as he sees it.

Sgatr15

So do I, and people still call me an asshole.  Get the picture?

Just because you are right about something, doesn't mean you aren't an asshole doing it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In one of Sean Hannitys interviews with an anti, he said he owns a .45 and he'd use it to protect his family before he'd use any non lethal that the anti was touting.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#32]
He says some odd stuff sometimes. I am occasionally put off by the bitterness and personal nature of the comments he makes about some of "them." My personal theory is this: COs speak respectfully to condemned inmates as they lead them to the death chamber. I can be polite to my enemies, whatever I am trying to do to them.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:02:03 PM EDT
[#33]
He's said before that he has a Glock also.
M
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:06:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Hannity is pro gun. He once gave a caller free time to plug against the AWB.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:00:00 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

He's a right-wing Woodly Allen but with more balls.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:57:16 AM EDT
[#36]
I listen to him and missed that. But good for him! I agree with most of what he says and he is highly entertaining. He does tend to rant a lot, but then again I am a ranter too.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:05:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Savage is interesting to listen to because he thinks outside the box and totes NO ONE'S party line.  Sometimes he makes a lot of sense, other times he starts going off about prison camps etc.  He is a great entertainer which is more than you can say about a lot of the other a-holes out there like O'Reily.

I too, heard that comment about the AR-15!  Now he lives in the bay area which IIRC has their own AWB in addition to the state ban.  I hope that thing is legit, or all the liberals will be sending the CA DOJ at him!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:17:16 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I have to wonder if you are Al Queda's, illegal aliens or members of the radical gay community.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:25:09 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't we have a poster whose posting name is Michael_Savage?

I think that guy has been banned.

I don't enjoy listening to the 'real' Michael Savage (his real last name is actually 'Weiner').
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:13:25 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I have to wonder if you are Al Queda's, illegal aliens or members of the radical gay community.

And I have to wonder if you are an self aggrandizing asshole incapable of having rational argument without resorting to personal attacks.  

Hey, I've probably listened to this guy more than anyone here as commute time radio choices were pretty limited for many years (sports talk, repetetive news, liberal talk, bad music).  If the guy gets a point he can't contend with he goes for personal attacks.  That and all the self aggrandizing makes him tedious to listen to.   At least I have a car with a cd player now.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's a right-wing Woodly Allen but with more balls.

GunLvr

More like church bells when it comes to muslims . . .
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

And I have to wonder if you are an self aggrandizing asshole incapable of having rational argument without resorting to personal attacks.  

Nope, I'm not.  

Hey, I've probably listened to this guy more than anyone here as commute time radio choices were pretty limited for many years (sports talk, repetetive news, liberal talk, bad music).  If the guy gets a point he can't contend with he goes for personal attacks.  That and all the self aggrandizing makes him tedious to listen to.   At least I have a car with a cd player now.

So what? I find the personal attacks and the pointless ramblings to be entertaining. Look, I'm not saying that this guy is the messiah, I just happen to agree with his positions on borders, language and culture, that's all! And he has an AR-15!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Some of the militias are disgusting.  I don't claim to have a lot of first hand experience with any of these groups, but they seem like FAT WHITE TRASH, Really.

Why I am the militia.....

USC-TITLE 10  > Subtitle A  > PART I  > CHAPTER 13  > Sec. 311. Next

Sec. 311. - Militia: composition and classes

(a)

The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b)

The classes of the militia are -

(1)

the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2)

the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Some militia is just far too right-wing for me. I consider myself a right wing... But these people are radicals.

I think Savage is also VERY far right-wing. Sometimes I think he says some stuff just so he can be as close to radical as possible. I like Right-wing politics (most of them), but some of the extreme right-wing stuff is just bullshit.

Hell, extremist ANYTHING is bullshit, really.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Now this is definitely good news!  I'd like to hear him comment on the AWB.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:28:52 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

So, so am I.  And I still love me!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:33:26 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Nope, I'm not.  

So what? I find the personal attacks and the pointless ramblings to be entertaining. Look, I'm not saying that this guy is the messiah, I just happen to agree with his positions on borders, language and culture, that's all! And he has an AR-15!!!

I didn't say he wasn't entertaining (though I find him tiresome), just that he was an asshole.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Hell, extremist ANYTHING is bullshit, really.

Hey, truth is extreme.  There is right and wrong.  Both are extreme.  People just tend to call things they don't like extreme.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top