Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2004 2:57:34 PM EDT
Is it just me, or do hats seem to be becoming more popular? Used to be only a few punks and old-fashioned people wore hats on a regular basis, but now it seems like everybody does.

How many people here like to wear hats? What type?

I have a KC Chiefs baseball cap that I found floating in the ocean. It fits perfectly. I also have a Beretta baseball cap that I use for shotgunning and a cross between a boonie cap and a bucket hat that's my regular wear cover. There's also a brown/olive drab cross between a cowboy hat and a fedora that I have that I retired because the brim got all bent out of shape.

Anybody here have experience with Kangol? I'm thinking about a 504, but I don't know how good quality they are. It seems as though not only are they expensive, but Kangol seems pretty left-leaning. Still, looks like a nice hat.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:59:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I wore a beret for a while (Don't ask.... college) and now I wear a black rancher hat.  I've never liked hats until the beret and subsequent rancher.

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:01:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an old man driving hat that I wear when I'm driving.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have an old man driving hat that I wear when I'm driving.

So you are that slow guy!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:04:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I wear Flexfit baseball caps.  Usually caps with the logos of various skateboard companies that I like.  I used to have a good University of Arizona hat, but I realized it was too small when my brain died from lack of bloodflow.  I also have a Jackson Guitars hat and an ESP Guitars hat.  I used to wear a beret too, buuuuuut....that was when I was 10 and in Boy Scouts.  Ha!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:06:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a woodland MARPAT boony and one of the old guy racing hats
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is it just me, or do hats seem to be becoming more popular? Used to be only a few punks and old-fashioned people wore hats on a regular basis, but now it seems like everybody does.

How many people here like to wear hats? What type?

I have a KC Chiefs baseball cap that I found floating in the ocean. It fits perfectly. I also have a Beretta baseball cap that I use for shotgunning and a cross between a boonie cap and a bucket hat that's my regular wear cover. There's also a brown/olive drab cross between a cowboy hat and a fedora that I have that I retired because the brim got all bent out of shape.

Anybody here have experience with Kangol? I'm thinking about a 504, but I don't know how good quality they are. It seems as though not only are they expensive, but Kangol seems pretty left-leaning. Still, looks like a nice hat.

Leave that lid to Sam Jackson.  It just looks silly - like you're trying too hard to be a hipster.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Ive had a hat on since my head was big enough to hold one on.

I have a 4 year old Titans thats my work hat...

I need a new one...
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Just FYI, I daydream about beating up people who wear this type of hat.  Hope you are not one of 'those types'.  

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:35:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Current (w/black band)

Winter 1 (top right, in black)

Winter 2, similar to Winter 1, but with a lower crown, in brown - "Stetson Gun Club"

Winter 3 (bottom right)

This Winter, probably something like this in gray or black

Shooting: usually whatever POS ballcap I can swipe from one of my kids.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#10]

No hat, but I'm often told to leave my boots on..........  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just FYI, I daydream about beating up people who wear this type of hat.  Hope you are not one of 'those types'.  

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I like Hats too!    But only if they have an "NRA" Logo on them
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:45:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I have more hats than any 10 guys need.

Pro gun hats, diving equipment hats, plain hats, hats for rain, hats for hot weather.

My favorite is, of course, my Team AR15.com hat!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:45:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I switch between this:

and
this:

in warm weather, and between

this:

and this:

in cold weather
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Fitted plain black ball cap. I've worn a hat sience as long I can remeber, I feel naked without one.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I have about 30 different baseball hats that I wear.  I used to have this great deranged psychopath hat I wore in college, but I left it at a bar one night.  Chicks loved it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:00:52 PM EDT
[#18]
What are hats for? I even see people wear them indoors?...I use to wear a hardhat when I was required too.

MT
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I wear a Mossberg baseball cap or a khaki-colored boonie cap, but normally only at the range or when my job sends me to the desert.  My hat comes off whenever I go under a roof or enter a vehicle.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I use tinfoil and make my own.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
What are hats for? I even see people wear them indoors?...I use to wear a hardhat when I was required too.

MT

I am bald on top, and live in a very hot place. Despite what you might think a hat greatly enhances comfort in the summer. They are also warm in winter. Also, I am never mistaken for the pool guy.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Fitted plain black ball cap. I've worn a hat sience as long I can remeber, I feel naked without one.

+1
Can't go anywhere without my hat!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I use tinfoil and make my own.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I rediscovered hats about a year ago.  I always had a ball cap on when I was a kid.  

However, since I started wearing one again, it seems Im balding at a more rapid rate.  Could just be genetics and timming, though....

-HS

Yeah, wear a kangol if you live off he Dole, do x and dance till the break of dawn 4 nights a week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top