Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2004 2:55:46 PM EDT

When I bought "The Way of the Gun" I also got "Arlington Road". I favorite movie of mine that is about "Home grown" terrorist. One part of the movie pissed me off. A professor was trying to figure out (with his students in class) what made one man turn terrorist and he stated "he was only a moderate conservative"!

O.k. only conservatives have the potential to be terrorist? Bullshit, tell that to all the police and others that were killed by hippy terrorist back in the 60's.

Get it. It's definately worth $5.50.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#1]
The armchair sociologist/psychologist in me thinks that the person most likely to become a "domestic terrorist" these days would be the person who would be more accurately described as a conservative in the way that they would be hell bent against government intrusion into their lives.  Conservatives, in the way I define them them, typically want less government intrusions into their lives and are proponents of individualism rather than collectivism.

Then again, you also have the Unibomber.  I should read his manifesto again.  Some bizzare and interesting tidbits in that thing.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Most "Domestic Terrorists" the FBI is interested in are left-wingers.
ELF and other environmental groups are the post-9/11 version of the "militia threat" of the 90s.

Conservatives are usually a lot of talk with not a lot of law-breaking, while enviro-nuts arent as likely to obey the law.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Let's not forget about the JBTs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top