BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2004 12:27:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I was in the bush for ten days last week

got bites on the ass
and all over my feet

open sores developed ............ had chills and the sweats for a day then felt better.

A lot of rain -  spiders every where ........ I sprayed so much bug killer I may have polluted the area for a decade.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:38:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:39:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i got bit by one last week. Nice sore on my leg. wednesday.

saturday night i started feeling like crap and sunday i started the night sweats, shaking, fever , muscle cramps and general feeling like garbage.

Spent 3 hours at the doc today getting blood work and stuff done and he tells me the only treatments are antibiotics and ride it out.

Any idea how long the sick feeling sticks around? This sucks ass.

You have to destroy the Ring first....
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe him

I'll skip the other ones ........
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:45:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
cyanide,

those are exactly what mine looks like only mine about 3" across and only one bite. Hard to beleive you don't feel it when the bastards get you.

mike

Those are about 5 days old and are well on the way to healing - should have seen them when they were fresh  -- ugly indeed.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:14:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Permethrin
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
the doc told me they have treated more bites this year than he has seen in his 15yrs of practice.

mike

I think it's George Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:23:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I was in the bush for ten days last week

got bites on the ass
and all over my feet

open sores developed ............ had chills and the sweats for a day then felt better.

A lot of rain -  spiders every where ........ I sprayed so much bug killer I may have polluted the area for a decade.

Well -  never mind ----------
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#12]
i feel you bro, i got bit by black widow about 3 mos. ago. same kinda symptoms, except for the sores. i ha d a bite mark on my neck.lasted for two days for me. f--k them all!
i have them all over my house , i live by a river bed. any body have suggestions on tried and tested ways to exterminate with extreme prejudice, these lil bastards! thanks alot....

meat
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#13]
old farmers trick to keep spiders away   50/50 mixture of turpintine and water in a bug sprayer  spray the foundation and if you can spray along the roof line and around windows just be carefull might kill plants and remove paint ,also make sure noone in the house is allergic to turpintine.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:37:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
old farmers trick to keep spiders away   50/50 mixture of turpintine and water in a bug sprayer  spray the foundation and if you can spray along the roof line and around windows just be carefull might kill plants and remove paint ,also make sure noone in the house is allergic to turpintine.

Never heard of that - may explain a lot of barn fires though ?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#15]
keep em coming, i'll try that too!
thanks
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:58:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I think we need to have one of the AR15.com mirrors as www.spidersdollsandpie.com
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:51:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:45:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
damn last night was rough. i ran a 106 fever for about 2 hours. shakes muscle cramps and basicly dellerious the whole time. Wife called the doc and said that is pretty much normal. no need to come in unless the fever doesn't break and i start having trouble breathing.
About 9pm it broke and i felt a LOT better. 1 am the sweats started and i woke up to a soaking wet mattress. <yes i am sure it was sweat>

This morning i feel pretty good. hopefully that was the worst. this shit SUCKS!

Glad to hear it is breaking up .................... damn bugs
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Man you think spiders are bad, I got bit by a bunch of damn fire ants on the leg last week while mowing my lawn. You think the dumb ants would learn that the mower is coming around once a week and it going right over their stupid hill, but no they don't get it do they?

Those things itched so bad and swelled up fairly large and looked almost just like the spider bite pics you posted cy. I think I'm going to have to find something to get rid of the ants with. Hmmmmmm.....tannerite maybe?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#20]
I hope it doesn't end up like this:

Day 10 - UnTreated Brown Recluse Bite
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Note to self,, call Rice, start operation bearslayer spider nuke.

Wolf
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:04:03 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Man you think spiders are bad, I got bit by a bunch of damn fire ants on the leg last week while mowing my lawn. You think the dumb ants would learn that the mower is coming around once a week and it going right over their stupid hill, but no they don't get it do they?

Those things itched so bad and swelled up fairly large and looked almost just like the spider bite pics you posted cy. I think I'm going to have to find something to get rid of the ants with. Hmmmmmm.....tannerite maybe? hr

hose the mound with water.
then pour about a pint of unleaded gas on the mound (don't light it)
wait an hour and check the mound.  the area around the will be coated with dead fire ants.  
hit the yard with amdro
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:04:53 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
www.nickfoote.com/ARFCOM/day10brownrecluse.jpg

or this:

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:05:27 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those things itched so bad and swelled up fairly large and looked almost just like the spider bite pics you posted cy. I think I'm going to have to find something to get rid of the ants with. Hmmmmmm.....tannerite maybe?

hose the mound with water.
then pour about a pint of unleaded gas on the mound (don't light it)
wait an hour and check the mound.  the area around the will be coated with dead fire ants.  
hit the yard with amdro

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a go and see what happens.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
i got bit by one last week. Nice sore on my leg. wednesday.

saturday night i started feeling like crap and sunday i started the night sweats, shaking, fever , muscle cramps and general feeling like garbage.

Spent 3 hours at the doc today getting blood work and stuff done and he tells me the only treatments are antibiotics and ride it out.

Any idea how long the sick feeling sticks around? This sucks ass.

Dude, my brother just got bit the other day.  Odd.

(p.s. we live right down the road)

Maybe its a mutiny
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
www.nickfoote.com/ARFCOM/day10brownrecluse.jpg

Damn Private Joker..... is that your Thumb  Man O Man that looks Nasty , you guys got me looking around now for um !!!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:09:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top