Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/18/2004 12:04:56 PM EDT
Peeping in on a 5-year old - that's just sick...

-------

If peeper suspect dies, 5 could face death penalty
Wednesday, August 18, 2004
John P. Coyne
Plain Dealer Reporter

North Royalton- Five adults and one juvenile who allegedly took part in the beating and sodomy of a man they found peeping into the bedroom window of a sleeping 5-year-old girl must now answer criminal charges.

The adults - one of whom is the girl's mother - could face charges that carry the death penalty if Mario Russo dies, police said. Russo, 44, remains unconscious on a ventilator at MetroHealth Medical Center, where officials described his condition as critical.

Police said apartment security cameras recorded Russo peering into the girl's window Saturday morning and the beating, and gave officers a minute-by-minute record of the crime.

"This is one of the tightest cases I've ever had," North Royalton Detective Jay Drake said. "Everything's on tape."

One woman, Athena Lemieux, 20, of Elyria, a part-time exotic dancer at Bugsy's Speakeasy on West 25th Street, faces rape and felonious assault charges because police say she inserted a foot-long tree branch into Russo's rectum.

Charged with felonious assault and complicity to commit rape were the 5-year-old's mother, Stacy Umstott, 28, of North Royalton, also an exotic dancer at Bugsy's; her boyfriend, Khalid Arafat, 34, of Cleveland; Nicholas Phipps, 21, of Cleveland; and Brandon Breeden, 19, of Elyria.

A sixth person, Breeden's 15-year-old girlfriend from Mentor, was also arrested and released to her aunt. She will face charges in Cuyahoga County Juvenile Court but cannot receive the death penalty because of her age.

Russo lives in an apartment building next to Umstott's.

Parma Municipal Judge Mary Dunning set the bonds for each of the adults at $3 million.

This is what Drake said happened:

Umstott was having a party in her ground-floor suite in the Bunker Ridge Apartments on Ridge Road after arriving home with the others at 3:30 a.m. At 4:10 a.m., the video shows that Russo walked up to the apartment window of the room where Umstott's 5-year-old daughter was sleeping and looked in.

At 4:21 a.m., Phipps went to his car to get a CD and noticed Russo standing in the bushes next to the bedroom window facing Ridge Road. Russo was masturbating with his pants partially down.

Phipps went to get the others and all six came out of the apartment, pulled Russo out of the bushes and began punching, stomping and kicking him. They left him on the ground, but returned to continue their assault.

The video shows Russo lay unconscious on the ground for an hour and nine minutes after the initial beating. His assailants came out to see if he was still alive and apparently even planned to dump his body on Cleveland's West Side if he died, Drake said.

They spotted one of the four video cameras at one point and ripped it from above the entrance to the building, Drake said. Police found the camera inside the apartment.

At 5:31 a.m., police received a call from a resident of the apartment building who said she heard a man moaning.

Sgt. John Elek, the first policeman to arrive on the scene, said he had never seen anyone beaten so violently. Russo was lying in a large pool of blood. Drake said his assailants had kicked him so hard his dentures had flown out of his mouth. He was flown by helicopter to Metro Health.

All of the de fendants except Arafat and the juvenile waived their preliminary hearings and remain in County Jail. Arafat remains in North Royalton City Jail and has a preliminary hearing scheduled for 10 a.m. Monday.

Drake said the suspects admitted drinking and using drugs during the evening. Marijuana was found in the apartment.

Police said one of the suspects rationalized their behavior saying, "It was not the smartest thing we've done . . . But he deserved it."
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:10:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Get Some!!! Frikin pedophiles.  He got what he deserved.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:11:20 PM EDT
[#2]

One woman, Athena Lemieux, 20, of Elyria, a part-time exotic dancer at Bugsy's Speakeasy on West 25th Street, faces rape and felonious assault charges because police say she inserted a foot-long tree branch into Russo's rectum.

Police should hire this woman as a consultant.  When detectives are interogating suspected kiidie pervs they should be able to say something like:

"Athena Lemieux is here.  Right now she's outside looking for a stick.  We've got about two more minutes to go on this interview before she comes in here.  Now... is there anything you'd like to say to me?"

And this is damn funny:

his assailants had kicked him so hard his dentures had flown out of his mouth.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:13:07 PM EDT
[#3]
got beat up beating off, i wonder if she left the tree branch in?
would love to see a pic of that
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:13:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I feel for the 5 year old,  sounds like the whole neighborhood could use a flushing.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:13:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd vote to convict of aggravated rape, at the worst....but I think that oughta be a death penalty crime, too, so......
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#6]
awwww....poor baby!

Lemme see if I can squirt a tear for his disgusting beat up ass....

nope.  Can't seem to give a shit.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:15:59 PM EDT
[#7]
If I were the prosecutor, I would tell them that if they plead guilty to misdemeanor posession of marijuana, I'd drop the assault and rape charges.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#8]
They could have called the police after beating him, and their case would have been helped quite a bit.

I hope the guy dies, and a jury finds the perps guilty of being stupid, and give them a $100 reward.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:22:05 PM EDT
[#9]

"This is one of the tightest cases I've ever had," North Royalton Detective Jay Drake said. "Everything's on tape."

You have to make sure there is no tape!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Well the death penalty is mentioned if the sicko they kicked the shit out of dies. But those types have been murdered before and the killer got away with it. Scum of the earth have gotten off without anything even remotley close to the death penalty.

Also have to point out a man named Khalid Arafat can be one of the assaulters...and nobody here even gave that a second glance.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:22:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:23:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
They could have called the police after beating him, and their case would have been helped quite a bit.

I hope the guy dies, and a jury finds the perps guilty of being stupid, and give them a $100 reward.

Kicking his ass during the process of holding him for the cops is one thing.  A big thumbs up & all that.
Stomping him into a greasy spot, leaving then coming back for a 2nd round of ass kicking the already downed perv, sodomizing him with a tree branch, leaving him to die, (supposedly) discussing where to dump the body if he did die & trying to eliminate the videotape evidence though??  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:35:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Payback's a b*tch.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I have no problem with this.

Thank you very much.

CMOS
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:37:48 PM EDT
[#16]
There is a way to do things and a way to do things -- they did not do it properly.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:39:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
If I were the prosecutor, I would tell them that if they plead guilty to misdemeanor posession of marijuana, I'd drop the assault and rape charges.

+1
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:41:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Rectum, hell I hope it kills'em.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Hard to feel sorry for him.  Impossible really.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:42:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh well, no excuse for hurting kids.  Asshat got what he deserved.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#22]
$10 says he never looks through any more window to float his boat. That if he lives. I say he got what he deserves.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#24]
woudl the world miss any of these people?

btw, anyone ever been to bugsy's?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:48:23 PM EDT
[#25]
No I dont think so, even the worst trolls on the board will not defend a child molester.  This is one event where a JBT hurting this guy would not have raised any fuss.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:48:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Hm, lemme guess... you aren't a prosecutor?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Mug shots of "Da Posse"...

On the AR15.com scale, Moms rates a solid "Hitable"...!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:57:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Peeping in on a 5-year old - that's just sick...

-------

If peeper suspect dies, 5 could face death penalty
Wednesday, August 18, 2004
John P. Coyne
Plain Dealer Reporter

North Royalton- Five adults and one juvenile who allegedly took part in the beating and sodomy of a man they found peeping into the bedroom window of a sleeping 5-year-old girl must now answer criminal charges.

Police said one of the suspects rationalized their behavior saying, "It was not the smartest thing we've done . . . But he deserved it."

wonder if they Broke it off ?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#29]
The should have taken the stick after they got done with it and rammed it through his skull.  If anyone in my family caught someone doing that to another family member of ours.... There would be some shovel work done that night.  And Shotar... This was not a man trying to get home, or an alzheimer patient crossing the street or a chained up dog.. getting shot or zapped by a cop.
This was a man who would become (if he is not already) a child molester, child rapist, a kidnapper and a murdered.  Flat out if he got arrested with his dick out shooting his load against the wall of a FIVE YEAR OLD'S bedroom he would have gotten 6 months in jail and some therapy.  He would have somehow turned himself into a victim of something in his past and then people would feel sorry for HIM.  

I hope he fucking dies.  Too bad about the mother and I hope she gets a good lawyer.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:05:07 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kicking his ass during the process of holding him for the cops is one thing.  A big thumbs up & all that.
Stomping him into a greasy spot, leaving then coming back for a 2nd round of ass kicking the already downed perv, sodomizing him with a tree branch, leaving him to die, (supposedly) discussing where to dump the body if he did die & trying to eliminate the videotape evidence though??  

Yeah, that is where the "stupid" part comes in.  I would still stand by my sentance though.  They did somthing wrong, but they did it to the right guy.  "Here is your slap on the wrist and a few pennies to dry clean your clothes."
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:05:22 PM EDT
[#32]
He got what he deserved...

At least they did not put panties on his head and let a dog bark at him.  Now that would be torture.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:07:08 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
If the cops had tased him or shot his dog or stomped him, those on this board who are praising the vigilantes would be calling for the cops heads.  Your double standards at work.  I guess a little street justice is ok with some only so long as its done by strippers and 19 year olds who like to screw underage girls (15).  Just a note, this is a relatively middle/upper middle class neighborhood.  Where the 15 year old lives is like 40 miles away.  

Oh, I doubt that.  Child Molesters are pretty much hated around here.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:27:15 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.  He needed his butt kicked, but this was over-the-top.  Had he so much as touched the girl (not that's he's not the type that would), then I'd say stomp him into a greasy puddle.  But this sick piece of crap was just "peeping".  He didn't rape the girl, but he sure got butt raped in return.  Using the same logic, I guess someone should go butt rape Athena Lemieux (the one that used the stick) except use a 2' long stick this time.  It just seems really messed up to teach a pervert a lesson by doing perverted things to him.  

CR
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:31:38 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
If the cops had tased him or shot his dog or stomped him, those on this board who are praising the vigilantes would be calling for the cops heads.  Your double standards at work.  I guess a little street justice is ok with some only so long as its done by strippers and 19 year olds who like to screw underage girls (15).  Just a note, this is a relatively middle/upper middle class neighborhood.  Where the 15 year old lives is like 40 miles away.  Peeping on little ones is pretty sick, but better he stands trial than this kid now loses her mother to the prison system.

Beatings are one thing but we at AR15.com draw the line at taseing/dog shooting.

Dayum, guess that window peepin' is a tough bindness....
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#36]
He got what he deserved.They probably saved some child in the future from this disgusting animal also.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If the cops had tased him or shot his dog or stomped him, those on this board who are praising the vigilantes would be calling for the cops heads.  Your double standards at work.  I guess a little street justice is ok with some only so long as its done by strippers and 19 year olds who like to screw underage girls (15).  Just a note, this is a relatively middle/upper middle class neighborhood.  Where the 15 year old lives is like 40 miles away.  

Oh, I doubt that.  Child Molesters are pretty much hated around here.

+1
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:43:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Looks like everyone is going to get what they deserve.

CRC
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:45:22 PM EDT
[#39]
+1 for right way/wrong way...

What the PT did was perverted...

What the family did was also perverted....

What should have happened: Hold him for the PD... If he gets a little beat up in the process of 'holding' him, fine... I'd probably care less if they 'thought he was trying to break in' and shot him thru the window...

But sodomy, and 'he's alive because they're too stupid to commit murder properly'? Lock 'em up too...
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:45:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Thank god they didn't "CURB" him. There are people here that would bleat like sheep if that had happened to this fine upstanding citizen.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
If the cops had tased him or shot his dog or stomped him, those on this board who are praising the vigilantes would be calling for the cops heads.  Your double standards at work.  I guess a little street justice is ok with some only so long as its done by strippers and 19 year olds who like to screw underage girls (15).  Just a note, this is a relatively middle/upper middle class neighborhood.  Where the 15 year old lives is like 40 miles away.  Peeping on little ones is pretty sick, but better he stands trial than this kid now loses her mother to the prison system.

Yup, post a story of the local Cops getting out of line like this, and people would be getting their ropes out...Seriously though...Think about it, there are 2 strippers living in this house, most likely raising tha' roof, having a good time, beers flowing, and the clothes are slim to moderate...Yeah, he's looking at a 5 year old...Thats what I'd say if I was them too, but I haven't heard his side yet.  Sounds like he needed a good set of binos....If he WAS looking at the kid, he desearved all he got, but I'm not convinced at all.

~Crp
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

DING! DING! DING! DING!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#43]
They should have beat him up while they were holding him for the cops.  As it is now, they should all go to jail.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:44:38 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Actually, I would have no issues with a cop beating the shit out of a guy that was caught masturbating in the window of a five year old's room as she slept. Your comparison is off base. That's not exactly the same thing.

On a similar note, has the death penalty been mentioned in any of the reporting dealing with the X-Box massacre in Florida? I don't remember hearing anything myself about it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:44:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Death seems a little harsh for looking in a window.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:48:44 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, post a story of the local Cops getting out of line like this, and people would be getting their ropes out...Seriously though...Think about it, there are 2 strippers living in this house, most likely raising tha' roof, having a good time, beers flowing, and the clothes are slim to moderate...Yeah, he's looking at a 5 year old...Thats what I'd say if I was them too, but I haven't heard his side yet.  Sounds like he needed a good set of binos....If he WAS looking at the kid, he desearved all he got, but I'm not convinced at all.

~Crp

Quoted:
Death seems a little harsh for looking in a window.

Might want to learn to read a little better. He was looking at and masturbating to a sleeping 5 year old outside her window. I'd be willing to bet that there are other things we don't know about that this guy has done. I personally wouldn't have killed him but I'd have beat him within an inch of his life.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hm, lemme guess... you aren't a prosecutor?

That is true.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Sgt. John Elek, the first policeman to arrive on the scene, said he had never seen anyone beaten so violently. Russo was lying in a large pool of blood.

Holy shit, a tree branch in the rectum? Wow. Unpleasant. That's got to sting.

Reminds me of this one time in band camp.............
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Amen!  That guy is a sick piece of trash, but once they subdued him, they should have called the police and waited.  Anything beyond that is inexcusable by either LEOs or civilians.  We are a civilized nation aren't we?

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:59:27 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amen!  That guy is a sick piece of trash, but once they subdued him, they should have called the police and waited.  Anything beyond that is inexcusable by either LEOs or civilians.  We are a civilized nation aren't we?

Well you're most obviously staying true to Captain Picard's persona.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top