Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2004 10:55:00 AM EDT
www.mlive.com/newsflash/national/index.ssf?/base/national-1/1092854055227380.xml&storylist=national

8/18/2004, 2:26 p.m. ET
The Associated Press    

BAKER LAKE, Wash. (AP) — Rain-eeeeer .... Bear? When state Fish and Wildlife agents recently found a black bear passed out on the lawn of Baker Lake Resort, there were some clues scattered nearby — dozens of empty cans of Rainier Beer.

The bear apparently got into campers' coolers and used his claws and teeth to puncture the cans. And not just any cans.

"He drank the Rainier and wouldn't drink the Busch beer," said Lisa Broxson, bookkeeper at the campground and cabins resort east of Mount Baker.

Fish and Wildlife enforcement Sgt. Bill Heinck said the bear did try one can of Busch, but ignored the rest.

"He didn't like that (Busch) and consumed, as near as we can tell, about 36 cans of Rainier."

A wildlife agent tried to chase the bear from the campground but the animal just climbed a tree to sleep it off for another four hours. Agents finally herded the bear away, but it returned the next morning.

Agents then used a large, humane trap to capture it for relocation, baiting the trap with the usual: doughnuts, honey and, in this case, two open cans of Rainier. That did the trick.

"This is a new one on me," Heinck said. "I've known them to get into cans, but nothing like this. And it definitely had a preference."

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:55:59 AM EDT
[#1]
My kind of Bear...He ignored Budweiser.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:57:25 AM EDT
[#2]
LOL!  Sounds like something out of the Simpsons.

Quoted:
"He drank the Rainier and wouldn't drink the Busch beer," said Lisa Broxson, bookkeeper at the campground and cabins resort east of Mount Baker.

Fish and Wildlife enforcement Sgt. Bill Heinck said the bear did try one can of Busch, but ignored the rest.

"He didn't like that (Busch)

I don't blame him.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Agents then used a large, humane trap to capture it for relocation, baiting the trap with the usual: peanuts, blind robins and a girl named "Bubbles". That did the trick.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#4]
dupe
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:59:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Now now.  They said Busch, not Budweiser.  There's a difference, even if they come from the same place.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:02:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now now.  They said Busch, not Budweiser.  There's a difference, even if they come from the same place.

The pisstank?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:04:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sign the Bear to a contract and I bet he will start drinking Busch or Bud again.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#8]
yeah...i hear that pesky coca cola bear fell of the wagon again and switched back to beer....what a shame.....that or Yogi and Boo-Boo had a lovers quarel and Yogi is on a bender
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:10:20 AM EDT
[#9]
what a shitty tolerance/weight ratio

fucking lightweight
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:13:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You must have never tried Rainier....
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:13:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
what a shitty tolerance/weight ratio

fucking lightweight

what the article DIDNT say:

36.......pony kegs
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Did anyone see that bear beat the Chinaman in the hot dog eating contest on TV?  The bear beat him by a long shot!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Can you imagine the Bear Beer Farts....whhhheeeewie!

MT
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#15]
It's bear season, it's marinated, it's movin slow, it comes to rainier.  Where did you say they let it loose?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:45:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top