Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2001 1:03:09 PM EDT
This is my report on the Limited Edition Group Purchase Rifle, brought to you by the fine folks at Castle Arms and AR-15.com.

Picked mine up about 1:00 p.m. today (THANKS for overnighting her, Grin!)

Initial Impressions out of the box: Sweet. Really sweet. Perfect fit and finish. The CAR handguards are thick and solid. The fake flash supressor is PERFECTLY done--not cheesy at all. The star safety selector is ideal and soon all my AR's will have one. Of course Hogue grips are the best. I found the fixed telestock to be comfortable. The tac handle is very cool, with a rear sight that flips between small and large apertures. Unfortunately with the OKO mounted, you can't use the iron sights at all. BUT, the OKO is a thing of beauty. Sleek, slim, and a very bright, clear dot.

Took her out in the rain and emptied a 30-round mag. No feed problems, of course. Kicked more than I expected but then all I've been shooting lately is SAR-2's with muzzle brakes (which have about as much kick as .22 LR).

It was raining so I didn't fool with trying to zero the OKO. My groups were as expected for a first shooting with a new rifle and unfamiliar sight--which is a 4 MOA sight anyway (that is to say, the groups weren't that tight but chalk it up to my adrenaline and the rain).

THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL RIFLES!!! I love mine, wouldn't change a thing (well, except I wish the post-ban-ized features were in pre-ban configuration, but for meeting legal requirements it couldn't be better).

Now, how the HELL does this tac sling work?!?

Grin, Anti, anyone else who put this deal together: YOU DONE US PROUD! Can't wait to see you folks near Canton, OH on June 30th. Me and #23 will be there.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Great report JCKnife!

Hopping, wishing and praying, mine arrives on Friday! The wait is driving me [whacko]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 1:29:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I still have another week before I get mine.
[img]http://www.ar15.com/forums/images/smiles/smiley_crying.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 1:38:26 PM EDT
[#3]
[size=6]Hoorah![/size=6]
I'am happy for you all.[smoke]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 3:36:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad you like it!  [;)]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 3:56:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Darn, I've been sitting here patiently since I got off work at 3 waiting for my FFL to call. No dice though.  

I don't know if at some time it is to late in the evening to do the NICS.  I know when I first contacted him he didn't get off work till 9 in the evening so I'm still holding out that he may still call me tonight.  If not I guess mine should be here tomorrow.

WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top