Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2001 10:48:17 AM EDT
hey is any one else in the country over run with Black beatles (unknown type) northern texas and southern Oklahoma is overrun with them some guy in Whichita Falls TX caught like 47,000 of the damn things and they are getting into everything.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 10:54:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I noticed them a few weeks ago. I've seen them all over the DFW area. It was crickets 2 years ago and now I guess it's the beetles turn.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:01:18 AM EDT
[#2]
It is the Haephaestus Plague.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Are these preban or postban evil black bugs?
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:05:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Uh, are you implying that its a RACIAL ISSUE?

Black bugs more pesky that White Bugs? I'm offended!
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I haven't seen very many white bugs.  Maggots anyone?
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#6]
We found one in our garage the size of a mobile home.  It was full of yellow rice looking stuff. I'm glad it didn't kill my cat!
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 5:18:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Here in Illinois we have a Bug problems of our own.  These Asian Long Horn Beatles been chewing up our Chicago Neighborhood trees, they had to cut down over 2,000 trees now.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Up here in Oregon where I live, we don't have many "bug" problems.

We're clean!!

lol j/k
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 6:21:20 PM EDT
[#9]
 I knew a kid that was riding in the back of truck and got hit in the eye with a big assed june bug. The damned thing hit so hard that it went behind his eyeball and had to be surgically removed.

The sick part is that the bug was still alive and the kid was screaming in pain cause he could feel it trying to crawl around.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 6:23:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks SnotRocket, your description grossed me out more than the Scarab scenes in the movie "The Mummy"
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Snot Rocket:
 I knew a kid that was riding in the back of truck and got hit in the eye with a big assed june bug. The damned thing hit so hard that it went behind his eyeball and had to be surgically removed.

The sick part is that the bug was still alive and the kid was screaming in pain cause he could feel it trying to crawl around.
View Quote

Those suckers hurt.  My first one smacked the bare elbow I'd stuck out the window while doing about 75.   The second one was while on the bike doing maybe 55 in bright moonlight with no headlight - right in the adam's apple. Damn!
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#12]
There are thick here in Abilene.  The local news said they were going after the army worms.  I have seem several worms around and the Black beatles are really out.

I catch about 200 every night in a bucket by the light of my shed.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Speaking of black bugs, did you know that people are so ashamed of Cockroaches in the house, they call them Water Bugs.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 1:25:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Last night I was riding to the dealer to pick up a rear sprocket, and coming around a turn at about 75mph on my Yammie 600, and I caught a bird in the face!

Bounced right off my helmet, and then rolled over my shoulder...  Got to the dealer and found some nice bloody goo on my damned clean shirt...

I am glad I never let my friends talk me into wearing an open-faced helmet!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top