Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2004 3:59:50 PM EDT
OK.  I got an IPOD and I like it a lot.  I travel with it and use it overseas.  I also bought my wife one.  My problems are this:

My IPOD is loaded with music from a source other than my computer.  In addition, the only way to play my IPOD here is through headphones.  I use a Belkin radio unit on my wifes unit to use in the car etc.

1)  How do I upload music and mix music from my overseas source and my computer.   BTW, all this music is legitimately owned by me on CD.   I just don't have both collections in the  same place.  Is there a program that will allow me to upload MP3 music into ITunes from my IPOD?

2)  Where is a good source for a docker unit to allow me t o play my IPOD on my home stereo?

Thanks fellow geeks.  

I
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 4:06:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I used a program called PodUtil to transfer songs from an Ipod to my pc.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 4:20:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure yo uhave the iPod set up to MANUALLY sync music otherwise if you hook it up to iTunes and the library in iTunes is empty then the iPod will lose all the music you have on there. Also try iPod Agent to get the music OFF the iPod. It needs to be enabled for disk use to do this.

A good site for iPod info is www.ipodlounge.com
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  I am working on it now.  I am visiting ipodlounge and looking for IPODutil.

Thanks

Link Posted: 8/15/2004 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks guys.  I am working on it now.  I am visiting ipodlounge and looking for IPODutil.

Thanks

Just PodUtil.  Not IpodUtil.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:54:39 PM EDT
[#5]
slinger,

I ran out of time the other day.  I'm back on it and will try podutil.

Thanks

Jim
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:51:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, podutil is pissing me off.  It requires me to set iTunes to "Disk Mode"

Of course, the directions in the help area do not match iTunes.  There IS no disk mode to be set.

What it shows in the help area does not e xist in my iTunes.

Any hints?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top