Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2004 2:00:12 PM EDT
I've only been on this job for six weeks, and the suggestion generated a lot of interest.  It's on the ballot.  Our Canadian system admin was very enthusiastic.  He says his wife is very much into handgun target shooting.

UPDATE:

We held an election to choose our September team-building activity from among 5 options.

Our administrative assistant just took me aside and told me there was a 4-way tie so she cast the deciding vote - FOR INDOOR RANGE SHOOTING!

She's going to call the range to make arrangements for about 12 people, many of whom are complete novices.

This is going to be a HOOT!

Link Posted: 8/13/2004 2:01:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool!

Take pictures, be safe and tolerant.

Post pics!

Especially of the hotties!!!
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 2:45:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've only been on this job for six weeks, and the suggestion generated a lot of interest.  It's on the ballot.  Our Canadian system admin was very enthusiastic.  He says his wife is very much into handgun target shooting.

Wow - that was a gutsy move for only being on the job 6 weeks (newbie), as they are liable to peg you as a "gun nut" now...  
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#3]
OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

</Two thumbs up!>
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 2:56:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow - that was a gutsy move for only being on the job 6 weeks (newbie), as they are liable to peg you as a "gun nut" now...  

Yep, back in '89 at my old work place in Orange County, we used to go shooting during lunch and the some people would freak out that we had guns in the parking lot on the premises. I wasn't too concerned about getting my gun stolen since, the lot had a security gate. I personally know that some folks actually complained to HR, but as far as I know nothing became of it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I did the same thing with my department.  Then the AV team came around and asked us to film a short clip for the christmas movie.  

so I ordered two cases of tannerite and then EXPENSED IT.  

I RULE.

they had a fun time and the clip was really cool. We were shooting boxes of our competitors products and then we tannerited them.  

I was worried about being labled a gun nut but now that it's happened, I seem to be OK.  I've had several people tell me that they never worry about me going postal, but my coworker scares them.   In a meeting our VP said "if any mass hysteria or unrest breaks out, we'll all meet at matt's cube and he'll keep us safe".

I thought that was a pretty good endorsement....

Edited to add; I also hung up a couple DSA posters I got at SHOT show this year and people are always coming over telling me what cool guns those are.  A few asked if they could shoot one of them if I had one.  I will be heading out with a couple people to shoot the STG58 next month.
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I did the same thing with my department.  Then the AV team came around and asked us to film a short clip for the christmas movie.  

so I ordered two cases of tannerite and then EXPENSED IT.  

I RULE.

they had a fun time and the clip was really cool. We were shooting boxes of our competitors products and then we tannerited them.  

I was worried about being labled a gun nut but now that it's happened, I seem to be OK.  I've had several people tell me that they never worry about me going postal, but my coworker scares them.   In a meeting our VP said "if any mass hysteria or unrest breaks out, we'll all meet at matt's cube and he'll keep us safe".

I thought that was a pretty good endorsement....

I'd like to work up to that one day.
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 5:10:48 PM EDT
[#7]
if i did that in the IMS section where i am, they ALL would have major heart problems. i'm the only gun person there but then again, i'm in trenton, home of the.........oh, never mind.
be well
maxwell
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Shameless bump.

BTT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top