Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2004 11:19:17 AM EDT
Who wins?  If you really want to get specific, you can go back to the end of Predator 2. The ending scene where it's inside the spaceship, there is a scene where on a wall there are many different skulls that the Predators have killed. Well in the mix, there is an "Alien" skull.   So, my opinion the Predator will be the victor.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 11:20:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Aw, jeez. Not this sh*t again....
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#2]
How about Jango Fett vs. a Predator?  Boba Fett vs. a Predator?
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I am going to go with Predator on this one too

All they have to do is kill all the humans, then the Aliens can't reproduce.

I can't wait to see this
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 11:23:25 AM EDT
[#4]
how about a jedi versus a predator,
captian kirk versus the aliens.

man, if they were to be real scientific "for a comic book" it would be aliens,
they are made for killing and surviving, they are like 200 pound ants with acid blood teeth and armor.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#5]
How bout

Kerry vs. bush??
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 11:25:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Who wins?  If you really want to get specific, you can go back to the end of Predator 2. The ending scene where it's inside the spaceship, there is a scene where on a wall there are many different skulls that the Predators have killed. Well in the mix, there is an "Alien" skull.   So, my opinion the Predator will be the victor.

I forgot about that untill you mention it. this would be interesting, if I followed the alien movies, I would have a better understanding of them. My money from what I know is on predator.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 11:30:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Was that a pre-ban wristblade on the Predator in Predator 2?

Was that flying disc milspec?

Were those the HALON systems used in the movie Heat?????
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 11:38:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Well there are no movies that feature the Predators in the future, but all the alien movies take place about 200 years from the present.  None of the species will be wiped out in this film, but I am sure that all the aliens on earth will be killed, and the predators will get in their spaceships and fly into the sunset(most likely turning towards their home before they impact the sun.)

How is that for an answer?

Link Posted: 8/9/2004 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#9]
In the grand scheme of things outside of just the movie, Xenomorphs may be tough bigass ant like suckers, but with no technology and their only means of attacking anything being melee combat I don't see how they could really be a threat to either humans or predators, if each knows what they will be up against.  If you're crashlanded on a alien world with little resources or run into Aliens in a hostile enviroment unexpectedly like in the Alien movies and stuff things change...   But the Predators are merely playing with the alien hunts, and human military forces could easily wipe out the Aliens, even with just our current tech, not to mention in the future...

As the movie goes, I predict the Predators will likely be the victors, although almost all of them will probably die (as I'd wager is the main idea of the "hunts", only the strongest warriors survive...).  I'm sure a human or two will live through it as well, perhaps reaching some understanding with the Predator and earning their respect by being good warriors?  Cheesy but I bet that's what happens...
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 12:18:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I can't wait to see this

In the original "Alien" movie, humans were not the original hosts.

The nasty aliens wiped out whatever was on the giant derelict ship first (the giant skeleton had a hole in the  chest), so aliens must be able to use a wide range of host species.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#11]
For those of you who havent seen the comic books or read the novels these hunts are proving grounds for young predators.  They do these to "get thier wings" so to speak.  They seed a planet then come back a week later and hunt.  Its setup so the predators dont use all of thier technology for the sake of honor.  They cant use thier shoulder cannons or cloaks to hunt the "hard meat" (aliens) but if they get thier ass in a sling all bets are off.  Humans are considered soft meat and have to be given more handicap on their end.  The only way honor can be achieved is by successfully taking some hard meat.  

I hope to god they dont turn this into the fast and the furious.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 12:44:39 PM EDT
[#12]
super friends vs aliens and predators
courageous cat and minute mouse vs batman and robin
mighty mouse vs underdog
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 12:46:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
super friends vs aliens and predators
courageous cat and minute mouse vs batman and robin
mighty mouse vs underdog

Link Posted: 8/9/2004 2:29:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

The nasty aliens wiped out whatever was on the giant derelict ship first (the giant skeleton had a hole in the  chest), so aliens must be able to use a wide range of host species.

Including predators!
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 2:32:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Including predators!

yea, you play the game before?
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 2:32:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Would you take an M-4 or an AK-47 to hunt the aliens?
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#17]
FYI, the Predators created the Aliens to be the perfect pray, an actual challenge for thei hunting skills. Of course the Aliens escaped their prison world and spread throughout the galaxy. As for the original question, I think the Predators will win the battle that is the movie so to speak but they will be a long ass way from winning the war.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Was that a pre-ban wristblade on the Predator in Predator 2?

Was that flying disc milspec?

Were those the HALON systems used in the movie Heat?????

But, most importantly, does the Predator camouflage system incorporate any of the basic, patented elements of MARPAT?
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 2:41:39 PM EDT
[#19]
HOw about, Alien and Preditor vs. Mike Ditka?

I pic Ditka to within the first 10 minutes of the battle. IT only lasts 10 mintes cause Ditka is just playing around for the first 9 minutes.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 2:44:15 PM EDT
[#20]
No, seriously man!

Indiana Jones v. Han Solo in a fair fight, dude. Who d'ya whink would win???

God, I'll be glad when school starts again.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Including predators!

yea, you play the game before?

I assume you are refering to the Alien v. Predator PC game--no, I havent played it.  Is it any good?
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 2:53:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
No, seriously man!

Indiana Jones v. Han Solo in a fair fight, dude. Who d'ya whink would win???

God, I'll be glad when school starts again.

Oh look at Mr. Holier-Than-Thou, makes fun of people talking about AVP, but then what is he doing that is so important?  I bet you are taking a break from shooting terrorists trying to sneak into the USA, right?
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Aliens VS Predators VS Arfcommers

Coming to a thater near you...

"I like Pie... Bitches!"

Link Posted: 8/9/2004 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Which Pie is better? Alien Pie or Predator Pie.  Provided they have Pie at all.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 7:45:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Which Pie is better? Alien Pie or Predator Pie.  Provided they have Pie at all.

Predator pie.

Alien pie is lubricated with acid!

I just hope the Predator pie doesn't look like the Predator face. Aahhh!
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#26]
my Alien can kick your dreadlock wearin predators ass
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 8:15:27 PM EDT
[#27]

How bout

Kerry vs. bush??

A Texas bad-ass will destroy a New England cry baby everytime. What would Kerry do, pelt Bush with his purple hearts?
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't wait to see this

I forgot about that, I guess they could always use captured Predators!
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#29]
I dont think its going to be good as Alien, Aliens and the first Predator.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 9:44:59 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

What the hell kind of commie question is that????
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 9:46:03 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What the hell kind of commie question is that????

Either, dont they both fire teflon coated armor penetrating baby killing rounds?
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 9:47:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Very end of the trailer shows a Predator going Nuclear ( Is it even nuclear? ) at the top of the pyramid amid a swarm of Alien.  Maybe is a case of Mutually Assured Destruction?

Anyhow, since mankind still exists on earth in the Alien Films, we can be assured that no Aliens escape the Arctic Training Grounds.

Everyone seen the fight video out on the internet now between the Alien and Celtic Predator?  I give it 3 stars of a possible 5.

Apparently they are going to take a "thepredatorarethegodfiguresofeverycultureonearth" angle in this film.  Hope they can pull it off without being cheesy.

- Nw -
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 9:52:47 PM EDT
[#33]
That old ship in Alien was a bomber. It was supposed to have dropped those pods on the enemy when it crashed and the lil buggers got lose and got the crew.  Thats the premise that is revealed in this movie.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 9:56:26 PM EDT
[#34]
AVP will suck. I had high expectations until I saw the PG-13 rating. They had to go for the teenage crowd so there was probably huge cuts and edits.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 10:15:47 PM EDT
[#35]
FINALLY,,,,Predator can put his shoulder mounted plasma gun/ super-duper flying disc-cutter-killer to use....

All predator's got to do is let the disc fly around while he uses the plasma gun to blow up the others aliens

oh yeah, and stay invisible.....
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Very end of the trailer shows a Predator going Nuclear ( Is it even nuclear? ) at the top of the pyramid amid a swarm of Alien. Maybe is a case of Mutually Assured Destruction?

I believe that is a flashback/glimpse of a previous hunt.  You'll notice that pyramid is above ground, and not in icy Antarctica...  I'm sure it's supposed to be an ancient civilization being wiped out "by the gods" as you mentioned...
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 10:30:30 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

How bout

Kerry vs. bush??

A Texas bad-ass will destroy a New England cry baby everytime. What would Kerry do, pelt Bush with his purple hearts?

John Kerry in a swift boat VS. George Bush in an F-102. GWB wins... and takes out all those damn Ruskie nuclear bombers while he's at it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 11:35:32 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
AVP will suck. I had high expectations until I saw the PG-13 rating. They had to go for the teenage crowd so there was probably huge cuts and edits.

yep.

If they had based it on either the comics,novels or the games I would still have hope.

Ill probly end up seing it anyway.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 11:54:54 PM EDT
[#39]
The computer game was great!  You could play either the marine, alien or predator.  Aliens could run on the walls upside down and drop on your prey.  Predators had thermal vision, the steel discus and the arrow gun.  Marines had the plasma rifle, grenade launchers, proximity mines and the smart cannon.  It was some FUN LAN action.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 11:56:11 PM EDT
[#40]
There used to be a kick ass gamesite called Gamestorm 4 or 5 years ago, they had a kick ass Aliens Online game.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:10:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Well, I saw it last night and afterward read the reviews of how horrible it was. To a point I would agree. I certainly wasn't expecting much from this one based on what I read about the story summary.

The basic formula for the movie was weak too…. Basic B-movie horror/sci-fi set-up of having the human fodder and the whole cat & mouse game. This is really stale since it’s been done in all the movies now. The only difference in Aliens is that they wrote it in such a way that it didn’t seem quite like it was so contrived. After that movie it just got dumber and dumber, this one being no exception.

It would have worked so much better if they did it in the future. The only reason I can see how they justify doing it on present day Earth is Predator "safari" theme that has been done the other two Predator movies which keeps with the idea that they like hunting on Earth... but there were other "trophy heads" on the ship in Predator 2, so they obviously go other places. If hunting aliens is a right of passage for a Predator why would they lower themselves to hunting humans once they are "full fledged hunters". Is it supposed to be saying that ultimately humans are more of a challenge and that aliens are fairly simple for a young hunter... like starting with squirrels before hunting lions? By that logic I suppose it makes sense since humans have beaten Predators prior to this movie, but they have never encountered aliens, so you can’t really say that they have beaten both at this point and are therefore the greatest warriors.

So if the right of passage only happens every hundred years what do they do in the meantime to train their younger hunters? It doesn't really give a good idea of their lifespan, or if this is the only place they do this sort of thing. The description of the movie says they're teens. Does that mean the other senior hunters who had done this for their rights of passage are in their 100-teens, and they therefore have a much longer lifespan than other life forms?

The fact that they base the entire hunt on 100 year cycles and just happen to have humans in the area to do it every time they show up seems to be stretching it.

A frozen queen who wakes up and starts cranking out eggs as soon as she wakes up was dumb... immediately followed by the fast gestation of the embryos, the chest bursting and the growth period of the alien warriors. The first Alien movie managed to stretch it out over a more sensible period, with molting and everything. This one was a little too fast. Plus the remains in the sacrificial room were the people from the tribes, but the last hunt was in 1904... which means there should have been more modern remains somewhere in the temple. Based on that, they must have opened up the same kind of hole/passage down to the temple when the whaling camp was there... so how do they close the hole after the hunt so that it looks like it was ever there?

My take on the weapons being in the temple is that after they blasted that hole through the ice, a senior Predator went down and placed them in there. Either that or after the hunt was finished in the past they would prep it for the next hundred years before leaving. I can more or less let that one slide.

Personally I liked the way the (Stan Winston made) aliens looked in Aliens more than the other movies... with the ridged skulls vs. the smooth, slimy ones. The screeching sounds they make was better in Aliens as well (the worse being Resurrection where they roared.... ghey!). They did seem extremely durable considering in Aliens they ran over one with an APC and busted the head open, while in this one it was thrown through walls unscathed. The seemed to use the tails a lot more as a weapon in this one than any other film. It was almost as if they fought the same way the queen did in the final scene of Aliens.

I definitely agree it was over-stylized for a younger audience. I knew it would be as soon as I saw the extended wrist blades thing. Simple shots in the filming that remind me of how cool it would have looked if I were 15, but how pointless they were for a grown up. Even in that clip of one of the fight scenes, where the Predator jumps up and gets in a "fighting stance"... how lame. The shaky cam filming (which got blasted when used in Bourne Supremacy) was awful. I can't figure out why they think that is such a cool way to film scenes. It worked in Private Ryan, but is terrible everywhere else... especially in a movie like this where the lighting sucks that you can barely see anything to begin with.

The fact that the Weyland guys went in packing some serious firepower was a little suspect. Were they planning on blasting any other people who tried to get there first so they could have all the rights to the find? Or did Bishop know there was more to the site than what he was letting them know? There was another thing I was curious about… and they didn’t totally dismiss the idea. When the Predator scans Bishop, you see his lungs and these little circles all over them. Was they tumors/cancer, or was he an android? In the other movies the androids have these little bladder/balloon like things for their lungs. They could have played it off as an android and the breathing problem being that they had not perfected the “synthetic human” line at that point. When the Predator stabs him you don’t really see his blood… so it could have been the typical android milk looking blood. His death doesn’t really explain the Weyland-Yutani merger or why hundreds of years later they are making androids look like the original Weyland, when he probably had nothing to do with their manufacturing. In Alien3 they tried to play off an android as the real Bishop. If this was the case then why didn’t Ripley know right away she was being duped since he would have been dead for ages? Did they somehow cover up his death by replacing him with androids or was the one in AVP an android? Food for though…

Also, since the CIA guys knew about the Predators in Predator 2 it could be said that maybe they also worked for Weyland and that they had an idea that the Predators would be coming there… hard to say.

Someone mentioned that the only known actor was Lance Henricksen, but there were some other familiar faces in this movie… The guy from Trainspotting (Black Hawk Down and Snatch; Ewen Bremner) and the scarred face guy from Braveheart and Gladiator (Tommy Flanagan). The black guy from Resident Evil (who ironically died in a similar way… being cut into cubes… is this a joke between him and Paul Andersen?). The girl from Love and Basketball (and Blade’s mommy).

And let’s not forget the factual errors you can read on IMDb www.imdb.com/title/tt0370263/goofs. Man, it’s as if the people who make movies are children who have no concept of doing any research on their projects. Are they that lazy anymore that they can’t check their facts a little better than this… Some of these would see very simple to find.

Anyway, if you got this far, I’ll end by saying congratulations. While this movie could never be comparable to Alien or Aliens, it was better the 3 & 4 and kind of better than Predator 2 (I hated the whole voodoo/drug war thing).

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:37:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Anybody know of any good books on the Predator vs. Alien "history"?

Thanks,

Merlin
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:55:14 AM EDT
[#43]
The two first ones are great.

AVP:Prey
AVP:Hunters planet.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:40:15 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Is hunter's planet the one with the human female....

I kind of thought at the end of the movie they were going to take her with them and make her a hunter or something... Might have been cool and it certainly would have been an alternative to the alien-predator hybrid chest burster at the end of the movie... kind of cool and I'd love to see it fully grown... but it's hardly a good way to lead into a potential sequel.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:55:41 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is hunter's planet the one with the human female....

I kind of thought at the end of the movie they were going to take her with them and make her a hunter or something... Might have been cool and it certainly would have been an alternative to the alien-predator hybrid chest burster at the end of the movie... kind of cool and I'd love to see it fully grown... but it's hardly a good way to lead into a potential sequel.

that had to be the lamest sequal setup ive seen since Residient Evil.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top