Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 3/17/2023 7:43:11 PM EDT
I'm a lurker, not a poster, but I thought I'd pass this along to save everyone else the hassle I went through.

I bought almost $20,000 worth of gear from PSA in the last few months. Now it took me a few months to get all of the gear together from other companies to start building these rifles.

When I opened all of the PSA boxed and inventoried what I have, 2 complete kits were missing. Additionally, 2 of the lower parts kits that were there, were also missing parts.

Now that isn't that bad by itself, because this was a large order and I'm an understanding person. What is bad is that they wouldn't replace the missing parts. I felt like they believed I was lying to scam some free parts or something. I tried to explain that this was only $200 to them on a very large order and they explained to me that I needed to read the "policies" page. Since the order is older than 30 days, there is "nothing they can do."

There is, in fact, something they can do. They can send the parts they know damn well I'm not lying about. They can put themselves in my shoes and realize that unboxing that much stuff in 30 days may not be the most convenient for the customer. He literally said "If I had ordered that much stuff, I'd have made sure the order was right." So they won't send me the missing items.

Anywho, I'm done with them and I advise anyone else to avoid them as well.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:43:25 PM EDT
[#1]
So they lost a customer?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:45:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Lol. This is going to be entertaining
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#3]
This is more of a GD topic tbh
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:47:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#5]
No they didn’t.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So they lost a customer?
View Quote

Safe to say lol.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:49:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So they lost a customer?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:50:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not really sure why you wouldn't have opened up the boxes when they arrived to make sure everything was there and undamaged in shipment.   I get holding off on a build until you have everything, but I guess I just always open up shipping boxes as soon as they arrive.  30 days seems reasonable to me.

ETA...  I can see where specific parts being missing from a LPK may not be discovered until way down the road.  Im sure Ive got a few LPKs laying around that were purchased last year sometime.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#9]
In on page 1
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#10]
It's your responsibility to make sure your order is correct in a reasonable time period.

It's not the seller's problem if you don't.

There's actual jurisprudence on this topic.

You might disagree with what constitutes a reasonable amount of time, but "a few months" is unreasonable.

Something to take note of:  How important can this be to you if you didn't even bother to check for months?

I can say, from personal experience, that if you email them the day you get your package(s) and there's something missing they get it right out to you.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#12]
99%.   Near perfection.  Great job PSA.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:53:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No they didn’t.
View Quote

Yep. Sounds incredibly weird, but true.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's your responsibility to make sure your order is correct in a reasonable time period.

You might disagree with what constitutes a reasonable amount of time, but "a few months" is unreasonable.

Something to take note of:  How important can this be to you if you didn't even bother to check for months?

I can say, from personal experience, that if you email them the day you get your package(s) and there's something missing they get it right out to you.
View Quote

I can emphasize with OP, but see above.

I buy parts over long periods of time (years) before I collect what I want for a build.  I ALWAYS check the boxes and parts, both for completeness of my order and visual issues that might need to be addressed.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:54:54 PM EDT
[#15]
So over a month after delivery you called to say something is missing. Got it.

This isn’t a PSA problem, it’s a you problem. No company is going to respond the way you were hoping. Always check upon delivery.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:56:05 PM EDT
[#16]
20k at PSA could fill up a pretty big safe.

If you actually spent 20k with them in the last 2 months I'd be sure to include all the order #'s on your customer service email.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#17]
That sucks, but if you waited months before inspecting a shipment it's on you
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:56:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm not really sure why you wouldn't have opened up the boxes when they arrived to make sure everything was there and undamaged in shipment.   I get holding off on a build until you have everything, but I guess I just always open up shipping boxes as soon as they arrive.  30 days seems reasonable to me.

ETA...  I can see where specific parts being missing from a LPK may not be discovered until way down the road.  Im sure Ive got a few LPKs laying around that were purchased last year sometime.
View Quote

Because it was a large number of boxes and I had a limited amount of space. Everything was packed up nicely. Once I had all parts on hand, I opened and inventoried.

I don't understand how it is bad for them to send the parts after 30 days. Makes no difference.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I buy parts over long periods of time (years) before I collect what I want for a build.  I ALWAYS check the boxes and parts, both for completeness of my order and visual issues that might need to be addressed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean empathize?

Or are you emphasizing his point?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So over a month after delivery you called to say something is missing. Got it.

This isn’t a PSA problem, it’s a you problem. No company is going to respond the way you were hoping. Always check upon delivery.
View Quote

Many would, in fact, would respond with integrity. Just not PSA. We're talking 1% of the order.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Because it was a large number of boxes and I had a limited amount of space. Everything was packed up nicely. Once I had all parts on hand, I opened and inventoried.

I don't understand how it is bad for them to send the parts after 30 days. Makes no difference.
View Quote

It makes perfect sense to anyone with a brain.
You’re full of excuses.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:03:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you attempt to find the order number associated with the missing kits then look up the tracking provided to see if it's short on weight?

I know orders get mixed and match but that may be a way to go at this by backing into weights or dims

Edit: if you spent 20k on a single giant order then I can see where that would be difficult
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:05:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Here for the gangbang
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:06:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That sucks, but if you waited months before inspecting a shipment it's on you
View Quote

Bought a LOT of stuff from PSA over the past decade.

They have been spot on for all my orders.

But - if you had received your order and something wasn't right - My experience has been they would have taken care of you had you promptly reported the issue to them.

Waiting over a month?     T.O.Y.

That's On You!
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It makes perfect sense to anyone with a brain.
You’re full of excuses.
View Quote

You sell quite a bit online so I understand your point of view mirrors PSA.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#26]
With all things, open and inventory packages the day they arrive.  It helps avoid disappointment.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:12:34 PM EDT
[#27]
You spent $20k on PSA items in two months?!?! And didn't inspect "all" of it when it landed....???

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:13:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So they lost a customer?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:14:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Don't think they're going to make you a lower for this, better up your game.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You mean empathize?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean empathize?

Empathize, clicked the wrong spell change word in google...
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#33]
You’re not getting your own lower.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:42:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Not saying OP is a liar, but I'll only believe it when I see the receipts that total "almost" $20,000

Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#35]
If you ran a business how long after a sale would you allow someone to say they were missing something?

Depending on how you paid you could probably get your CC to contest the sale.. but unfortunately the issue was still self inflicted by not checking your orders as they arrived..
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I moved this thread as it was incorrectly posted in an ar tech section
View Quote

It would be more entertaining had you dropped it into GD.
Just sayin'...
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 2:52:11 PM EDT
[#37]
If you had that much to spend why would you buy a bunch of PSA shitboxes instead of some good rifles?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Gosh
If someone recently became a 20K customer of mine and notified me that he didn’t receive 200 bucks of stuff then I would ( without hesitation ) ask him what he needs.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#39]
So you come on here to complaint yet you DIDNT EVEN BOTHER to check a $20k order to make sure it was fulfilled properly when it arrived…sorry but that is gross negligence on your end OP!

Trying to tell PSA they ripped you off is just idiotic…since it’s passed the 30 days…

Come on OP…don’t be this shallow…that said IF you did make a $20k purchase at PSA…they probably should make it right but bro…you waited after 30 days to even check your order…that’s just a dumb decision on your end.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#40]
There is two types of PSA customers, those who have been fucked by them and those who should lube up.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Can you post a pic so we can see what $20k of orders looks like? I've never seen $20k of orders before.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 4:07:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
There is two types of PSA customers, those who have been fucked by them and those who should lube up.
View Quote

You forgot the third type, Some who have been ordering for a decade with great satisfaction. I had one order that was incorrect, and it was corrected with an email.
OP, you could have reduced the volume of the packaging sitting around just by removing everything from the outer packaging, so the limited space you had for the month could have been less limited.
Even a dumbass like me knows enough to inspect everything on arrival for just this kind of issue.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 4:10:11 PM EDT
[#43]
I having nothing but good things to say about PSA and recommend them often however, I also get in packages especially from trusted sources and don't open for a while waiting to get to the job so I can understand OP's frustration.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 4:16:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You forgot the third type, Some who have been ordering for a decade with great satisfaction. I had one order that was incorrect, and it was corrected with an email.
OP, you could have reduced the volume of the packaging sitting around just by removing everything from the outer packaging, so the limited space you had for the month could have been less limited.
Even a dumbass like me knows enough to inspect everything on arrival for just this kind of issue.
View Quote

Avatar and advice check out. Username is more fitting for the needs of the OP. But either way, solid response all around.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 5:21:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#46]
I can see not finding a defect in a product until you finally get around to building it & using it, but who doesn't look in the box to make sure you got everything you ordered & the correct version of those items, like ODG instead of FDE or 223Wylde & not 223REM, etc.?
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 5:22:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I moved this thread as it was incorrectly posted in an ar tech section
View Quote

You missed.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Cope.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Did I make page 1
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#50]
We had about 80 packages arrive in 2 days when we were building a car up for racing. We opend EACH PACKAGE to check them and then taped them back up and stacked them until we were ready to start building it 3 months later. We did find some things we ordered that didnt arrive even though they were on the shipping invoice. We got taken care of right away. No business is gonna replace things 2+ months out. Tyey have no idea if the customer fucked something up or is trying to scam them. Only place that does crap like that is Ebay. Dont know why people think that Ebay's rules apply to every other business.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top