Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2001 3:03:38 PM EDT
I've seen a lot of crap lately dealing with blowing away UN soldiers, ATF agents, FBI agents, DELTA Force, Navy Seals and anybody else some of you people can think of.  Let's look at this calmly.  First, most troops are not anti-gun and would not support moving against their own people.  As a former National Guard soldier, we had to train for riot control.  Nobody wanted to do it, and even then we had strict rules to curb violence on our part to the point of risking our own necks.  Not fun stuff.  Secondly, I agree that in a the situation where the government does the for real push and tries to do a mass disarmament of the American people, some commanders and/or units may actually go along with it.  After all, a lot of Generals are politicians, look at the Army Chief of Staff.  But even if some troops did, following orders, a lot wouldn't.  The military would be in chaos and the word coup comes to mind.  

AND thats where the 2nd Amendment comes in.  The right to bear arms and to have a militia (read the history, a militia member in the 18th Century was any private citizen with a MILITARY GRADE FIREARM-musket) was designed so that the government could not pull off such a maneuver.  A wide spread uprising by armed citizens would overwhelm them.  Yes, they can handle a couple homes at a time as shown by Waco and Ruby Ridge, and that is a real danger.  But the Constitution still subscribes to the MAJORITY rules idea, and when the majority of the population is locking and loading at the same time, Uncle Sam has a problem.  

Here is my real point, made over and over.  Until that day comes, the enemy is corrupt and ignorant politicians.  That is who gun owners need to fight, and on their own ground.  In politics.  So until that day, leave us troops out of the picture.  With luck and God on our side, the 2nd Amendment will last a while yet.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 3:08:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Well said Rifleman.

13th Monkey
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 3:15:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Well put.
There are a few things that will creep into that equation.
The first person to say, "No Way, your not coming on my property to take my guns." Then how many will follow his lead. The powers that be will push the line back a little at a time. They know the have to ease into it.
LE will do their jobs until the gen pop gets mad and fires back, then SWAT will cruise the scene and if more folks get mad then NG will join the fray. That will be called Marshall Law.
It can happen and is being planned by some with power.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 3:25:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I will do my part by giving free almond kool-aid to the brave peacekeepers. Amaretto for the officers.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I will fart in their general direction.

radioman
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#5]
You're right to an extent--politicians passing laws that infringe our rights are the problem. So let's head it off at the pass. Put a bullet in each and every politico who betrays the Constitution and specifically the 2nd. Should get our point across, wouldn't you agree?

"Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: It holds the legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims. When unlimited and unrestricted by individual rights, a government is men's deadliest enemy. It is not as protection against private actions, but against governmental actions that the Bill of Rights was written." -- Ayn Rand
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 5:54:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Well said, rifleman2000.  The time to fight for gun rights is [b]now[/b] and politically.  To everyone reading this, consider lending your time and support to:

[url]www.citizensofamerica.org[/url]

[url]www.americanlibertyfoundation.org/second.htm[/url]

Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Kudos rifleman2000.

DJbump, it is not a good idea to "off" unconstitutional politicians. you'll only turn them into mayrtars. it would do more harm them good by giving them a reichstag fire with wich to declare martial law against us.  not to mention the fact that there are plenty of power-hungry statist pigs who would just take their place. our battle is one of ideals and principle, not blood.  

calm lib
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:50:19 PM EDT
[#8]
There is a line in the sand.  The political slime is approaching if not encroaching on the line.  The time is shorter than you think.

You really believe any of the corrupt politicians, like Charles Schumer, really care what you think.  I have made hundreds of phone calls....they answer only to their NWO masters and agendas...and could care less about anything honorable or decent. Political solutions are only a faint dream at this point.
We are like a freight train hurtling towards a burned out bridge........
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Why should I care if UN troops are getting laid or not??? [:p]

Seriously, though...there is a way to fix this without bloodshed. Unfortunately it requires the American populace to get off their lazy, complacent asses, utilize some amount of their rational faculties, and [b]vote their conscience[/b].

Edited to add: That, and for people to learn what the hell a Republic is, and that this nation [b]is not a damned democracy[/b].

Im not holding my breath...but I havent given up hope, either.

[url]www.lp.org[/url]

G2
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 9:11:44 AM EDT
[#10]
libertarian--

I disagree. This is not about hurting anyone's feelings or adding fuel to the fire. This is about reclaiming our birthright which has been stolen from us like a newborn ripped from its mother's arms. I could give a damn less what taking a stand would make our enemies FEEL. It is simply a matter of their blood now, or our blood later. It IS that serious a battle. Pussyfooting about only delays the inevitable and weakens our numbers in the meantime.

Some things ARE black versus white. Either they (gun-grabbers/opposers of life, liberty, freedom) win, or we (freedom at all cost types)do.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 9:15:31 AM EDT
[#11]
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top