Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2004 6:29:07 AM EDT
I heard this on the Glen Beck show on my way into work this morning (it was the only thing on). I don't have a link...

Apparently Bruce Springsteen, Pearl Jam and Moby are going on a tour to promote John Kerry. According to Glen Beck, Moby (the bald headed freak that makes bad techno music) once said on stage that it would (paraphrased) "be easy and inexpensive to keep the other side (conservatives) home on election day. All you have to do is go on a pro-life website, and state that Bush once drove a former girlfriend to have an abortion, and then covered it up. Then you go to an anti-imigration website and start another ruckus. This would cost almost nothing and it would make them disillusioned with Bush."

Put it too you this way, it has me thinking a little bit about some of the Bush bashing that has been going on here. I'll admit, I'm not Bush's biggest supporter, but I have always stated and stand fast in this position that this election is too important to allow Kerry to get elected.

Maybe think twice before responding to the next "Bush said he'll renew the AWB" thread. It may be a DU trying to turn our issue against the president.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 6:36:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Moby isn't that smart.  Who allows the internet to dictate who they vote for?  ("Morans"?)

It's even simpler than that to me - if W and the Republicans he is supposed to be leading allow the AWB to be renewed - I'll happily vote 100% Democrat come November.  No muss - No fuss.

And speaking as an arfcom troll on DU, I welcome the DU trolls here.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 6:38:51 AM EDT
[#2]
The correct spelling is Morons.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 6:39:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn, i was thinkin about being a troll over at DU. How is that workin for ya?
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 6:40:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Is he wrong?

I'm not really a troll over at DU since I post using "Dolomite".  There's a lot of pro-gun people in the J-PS forum (or Gungeon as they call it).

I usually just stroll by every now and again, answer honest factual inquiries about general firearms technology and such.  I even asked people over their to e-mail my state legislators to help get CCW passed in Wisconsin.  There are a shitload of pro-gun Democrats in Wisconsin - which has to be harder and rarer than declaring oneself a pro-gun republican here.  I've got to hand it to them.

And then there's Mr. Benchly... ... ...

Just to clarify my previous position - I'm a single issue voter:
AWB renewal = GWB losing my vote.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 6:45:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Maybe think twice before responding to the next "Bush said he'll renew the AWB" thread. It may be a DU trying to turn our issue against the president.

Well Bush DID SAY THAT HE WOULD.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 6:47:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Moby isn't that smart.  Who allows the internet to dictate who they vote for?  ("Morans"?)

It's even simpler than that to me - if W and the Republicans he is supposed to be leading allow the AWB to be renewed - I'll happily vote 100% Democrat come November.  No muss - No fuss.

And speaking as an arfcom troll on DU, I welcome the DU trolls here.

????????????

Yeah because the democrats support your gun right so much more
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 6:53:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well Bush DID SAY THAT HE WOULD.

True. But he also has ignored pleas to push congress for a renewal of the AWB, and he did ask that the Lawful Commerece In Arms Act be presented to him with no amendments. He was specifically referring to amendements that would renew the AWB and close the "gunshow loophole".

If he renews the AWB, then all bets are off. What I'm saying is that there has been alot of Bush bashing going on here, and it struck me as odd that liberal activists have suggested doing exactly that!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:49:47 AM EDT
[#8]
It has come to pass:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=265959&page=3

I think in light of BenDover's thread, my thread deserves a bump.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:52:30 AM EDT
[#9]
It's pretty simple.  No more guns = No more freedom
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:37:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
www.ar50.com/bat.jpg

WTF, that's nasty!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:39:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
www.ar50.com/bat.jpg

bahaha....fucking need a new keyboard now....that gets the award for most random picture all week. Cant...stop....laughing...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:49:10 PM EDT
[#12]
bump for the bat

LOL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top