Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2001 9:50:38 AM EDT
I am curious as to what type of drop leg holster is the best buy for the money.

I have looked at BlackHawk and, while very very nice, they seem a bit expensive.  Maybe not though.........I have never purchased or even priced such a set up before.

Anyone that uses a drop leg system care to enlighten me?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 9:56:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Our SWAT Team uses them. I like it allot. You normally get what you pay for and any quality rig is going to cost you around or even more than the Blackhawk. Safariland makes some interesting items as well as Eagle.

[pistol]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#2]
On SWAT duty I wear a Safariland Heavy Plastic with the leg shroud system.  I highly recommend this one over the normal, strap on cloth types.  It isn't too costly and it is tough as nails.  Our team is VERY busy, and I have put it through hell, and it is just great.

ronnie
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#3]
X, Doc and Ronnie are right, the Safariland synthetic tac holster is THE one to get. Of course unless a bulky vest or other equipment is a issue, I'd go with a regular holster as it facilitates off hand drawing and weapon retention better, IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I have used the Safariland 3005 holster for about 3 years in Reserve 3 Gun Matches, it has shielded my USP everytime including crawling and other tough spots during stages. The holster has retained it´s condition well. I recommend it all the way.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 9:35:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I find that the Safariland 6004 works the best for me.  The dual straps keep the holster from sliding up and down.  Also the SLS hood is fast and rock solid.

-Red-
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 10:45:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Safariland 6004 and love it. It is molded to the particular make and model of gun you have. The thumb lock is amazingly fast. Just push down on thumb and flip forward while pulling up on pistol. You can draw your weapon in a second easily.

NO SLACK!
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 10:49:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Safariland 6004 all the way. Excellent holsters!
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 10:51:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Anybody got a like to where a guy can buy a 6004?  I checked the Safariland site, but can't get around to the 6004 on the order page.  Price?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Listen to the guys about the Safariland 6004. I have tried several differnet holsters and finally found the 6004 to be perfect.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Check out Streicher's:

[url]www.streichers.com/Catalog/Products/index.cfm?action=product_detail&product_id=198[/url]

They're getting 75 bones for it.

I like my Eagle SAS Mk V. Check out [url]www.Lightfighter.com[/url]. Bradley's got a bunch of different drop-leg holsters, including one from Safariland called the SLS. He's on this board from time to time, and a great guy to do business with.

FMCDH
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.

-------------------
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed, if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not so costly, you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance for survival. There may be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no chance of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
--Winston Churchill
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for all the good info guys.

I actually just bought a Blackhawk Omega VI Airborne system.

Looks like a very sturdy set up.

I'll report later as to how it works.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 12:01:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Safariland 6004...great holster...

NightRanger
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 12:45:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I use a blackhawk special operations holster, it's holds my usp 45f ok but pales in comparison to my wifes eagle sas markV in quality and fit. The leg loops on the eagle are alot nicer with the rubber friction material to hold the holster in place on the leg.

idaho-ar15

Link Posted: 5/31/2001 1:02:06 PM EDT
[#14]
The Safariland 6004 is outstanding.

You can get them for a good price from [url]www.sableco.com
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 1:34:20 PM EDT
[#15]
My personal favorite is the Safariland 3004 for general use.  If I'm going to get wet, I like the BHI Airborne for its extra retention strap, mag pouch, versatility in positioning it, and the fact it's available in both OD and black.  They have a new retention feature in the holster now that make them even better (I've got an old one).

With any of the majors (Safariland, BHI, Eagle, LBT) you can't go wrong.

-SARguy

Link Posted: 5/31/2001 2:23:26 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought my BlackHawk SAS tac holster a long time ago. It has a full flap, carries my P226 well and protects it like it were in a case. MI State po po swat uses the same holsters and guns. A former bosses brother is MI state swat, I got to see them practice one time. I wasnt very impressed. They looked way cool, tactics looked solid, traing was bad, marksmanship...... even worse!
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 2:28:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I got the latest one from Uncle Mike (forgot the model) but it is the best one I have tried.  I been using Blackhawk model for past 2 years but I didn't like it all that much because it keeps moving to the front of my leg after a while.  Uncle Mike's holster does not move even after several hours.  Not the best retaining system in the world but works for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top