Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/24/2023 11:41:15 PM EDT
well at least in my AO.  I goto lunch 1 or 2 times during the work week and bring my lunch the rest of the days.   I saw that they brought back the OG Italian Chicken Sandwich (the one in the long bun).   So I talked my coworker into going there.   The 2 Burger Kings closest to my work are both a shit show.   One while it has decent service and food is dirty and in need of a good cleaning.   Really its mainly the floor its dark red tile and the grout is very dirty.   The second one my coworker took us to only has one drive through lane open the other always has a chair in it.   The dining room always looks closed.  We go inside and I am looking at the app and they don't even offer pickup inside at it only in the drive through.    I order after waiting for a while for the drive thru guy to wander over to take our order.  He asks me which drink I want which seemed weird until I look over and see the fancy coke machine is broke and turned off.   I get my meal and they burnt the bottom bun on my chicken sandwich and they didn't give me any ice in my pop.   It was a pretty horrible experience.

TDLR for the Arf Tender Tummy Brigade or the I never eat fast food people the local BK's in my town suck and have went down hill bad.   Well at least the 2 close to my work.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:43:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
well at least in my AO.  I goto lunch 1 or 2 times during the work week and bring my lunch the rest of the days.   I saw that they brought back the OG Italian Chicken Sandwich (the one in the long bun).   So I talked my coworker into going there.   The 2 Burger Kings closest to my work are both a shit show.   One while it has decent service and food is dirty and in need of a good cleaning.   Really its mainly the floor its dark red tile and the grout is very dirty.   The second one my coworker took us to only has one drive through lane open the other always has a chair in it.   The dining room always looks closed.  We go inside and I am looking at the app and they don't even offer pickup inside at it only in the drive through.    I order after waiting for a while for the drive thru guy to wander over to take our order.  He asks me which drink I want which seemed weird until I look over and see the fancy coke machine is broke and turned off.   I get my meal and they burnt the bottom bun on my chicken sandwich and they didn't give me any ice in my pop.   It was a pretty horrible experience.

TDLR for the Arf Tender Tummy Brigade or the I never eat fast food people the local BK's in my town suck and have went down hill bad.   Well at least the 2 close to my work.
View Quote

Yeah it’s real bad around here too. Fast food is usually kind of gross, but Burger King these days is another level.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:44:00 PM EDT
[#2]
It’s not just your town.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:44:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Ya...be happy it was open I guess?
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:44:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s not just your town.
View Quote

Cheaper food in general
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:45:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Haven’t been in decades. Aren’t their burgers made with soy and bugs now?
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:45:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's not just your town.
View Quote
Every single one I see has fallen into a state of disrepair.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:45:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Burger King was headed down 20 years ago. The trip to the bottom is short for them.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:45:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It’s not just your town.
View Quote

Sucks in Kansas too.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:47:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted: The 2 Burger Kings closest to my work are both a shit show.   One while it has decent service and food is dirty and in need of a good cleaning.   Really it's mainly the floor its dark red tile and the grout is very dirty.
View Quote

My wife gives In-n-Out the award for the best restrooms on-the-road.

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:48:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:49:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I will say lately we have been going to Freddie's I will just stick with going there.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:50:07 PM EDT
[#12]
They all seem to be going out of business around here.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:50:39 PM EDT
[#13]
When McDonald’s had a better product, you know it’s bad.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:50:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Over the next half-century, the company changed hands four times and its third set of owners, a partnership of TPG Capital, Bain Capital, and Goldman Sachs Capital Partners took it public in 2002. In late 2010, 3G Capital of Brazil acquired a majority stake in the company, in a deal valued at US$3.26 billion. The new owners promptly initiated a restructuring of the company to reverse its fortunes. 3G, along with partner Berkshire Hathaway, eventually merged the company with the Canadian-based doughnut chain Tim Hortons, under the auspices of a new Canadian-based parent company named Restaurant Brands International.
View Quote

I recall as a kid when the Burger King opened about a mile away. For a dollar you could get a burger, a fries, and a small pop.

OK Boomer.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:51:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Last time I went to Burger King they had gold Pokemon cards
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:53:20 PM EDT
[#16]
My neighborhood is so good the nearest Burger King is an hour away.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:53:36 PM EDT
[#17]
For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.

I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:56:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.

I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.
View Quote

You know a thread is getting good when someone drops some copy pasta into it.  The hot n spicy McChicken is really good.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:58:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Have you ever heard of a comma, or a paragraph?

Holy fuck bro, that shit is damn near unreadable.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:59:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:00:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I will say lately we have been going to Freddie's I will just stick with going there.
View Quote

Closest one for me is 3 hours away.    
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:00:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It’s not just your town.
View Quote

Burger King is pretty bad here.

I like Wendy's far better go there usually once a week.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:00:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Have you ever heard of a comma, or a paragraph?

Holy fuck bro, that shit is damn near unreadable.
View Quote

You must be new around here
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:01:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:03:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s not just your town.

Wendy’s by me is always fresh and hot.   Only problem is they are always out of something.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:04:45 AM EDT
[#26]
I am not sure they had any room to decline...
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:05:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Wendy’s by me is always fresh and hot.   Only problem is they are always out of something.
View Quote

I usually get the spicy chicken sandwich at Wendy's but their burgers are pretty good also.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:05:52 AM EDT
[#28]
I know of 3 BK's in my area that have shut down in the past couple of years.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:08:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I like that Wendy's doesn't seem to judge me.

"You want to make that Dave's Single a Triple?"
"Well, yeah"
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:09:09 AM EDT
[#30]
You pay for convenience, not for quality.  For the same price, if you placed an order from Red Robin, Outback, Friday's and any of the restaurant chains, you'd get a far superior product for maybe a dollar more, as they all now have curbside pickup.

The convenience with fast food is the drive thru and it's "fast".
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:10:14 AM EDT
[#31]
The only time BK was ever good:

Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:10:27 AM EDT
[#32]
We grabbed breakfast there on Sunday while traveling. Straight up garbage! The place was filthy and the staff looked like they were on work release. It was the only place to eat at that exit unfortunately.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:11:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You pay for convenience, not for quality.  For the same price, if you placed an order from Red Robin, Outback, Friday's and any of the restaurant chains, you'd get a far superior product for maybe a dollar more, as they all now have curbside pickup.

View Quote

For the same price you’d get better stuff for more money?
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:11:15 AM EDT
[#34]
If "Real People" Commercials Were Real Life - Burger King

If Commercials Were Real Life - Burger King Impossible Whopper
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:13:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Lemme tell you my recent Burger King experience. I was jonesing for a hamburger, saw a Burger King while passing through Burnet,TX, practicall broadslid my truck into the parking lot, went in and was the only customer in there. There was an elderly senior behind the counter, I ordered a #1 Meal with Fries and Large drink.

I paid and the fucker just turns and walks away. I said "Arent I supposed to get a cup?" and he hands me a small cup. I told him I ordered a Large and he said they were all out of Large cups.

I go sit down and he brings me my meal on a tray and the fries were what would have been a Small at a Whataburger or anywhere else, I asked "This is a Large?" and he said, "Yeah, thats a Large." and walked off.  I was the only one eating in there at lunchtime.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:13:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Red Robin you can get a reds tavern double cheeseburger and fries for 7.99.   Outback and Friday’s aren’t that cheap.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:15:37 AM EDT
[#37]
The one in my town closed for selling drugs from the drive thru. The next closest one is very diverse and is absolutely filthy. I do not go there, EVER. Welcome to Tennessee.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:16:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Local BK gave me a shake for my son that was only 3/4 full. No explanation and no apology, no replacement. Food was cold and foul - will never eat there again.
On the other hand we have a new mom and pop Mexican joint down the street that has incredible food...money will be spent there this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:17:48 AM EDT
[#39]
I don't think they have ever really been uphill, but yes they did used to be a lot better.

Roy Roger's was my favorite fast food burger.

Kept hoping they would come back but they only seem to exist in some kind of weird purgatory on the turnpike now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:19:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I usually get the spicy chicken sandwich at Wendy's but their burgers are pretty good also.
View Quote

Wendy’s double stack is good and the best deal going.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:20:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s not just your town.

Only problem here is the long lines wrapped around the building. It moves fast enough though. I'm sure there is a reason Wendys usually has a long line and Burger king is always absent such lines.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:20:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don’t think I have any of those around here although ive seen them in other places
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:20:27 AM EDT
[#43]
I haven't eaten at BK since way back when they changed their fries,or oil or wherever it was that made them taste like shit
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:20:36 AM EDT
[#44]
I don't know how our local one stays open. They close early every night.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:21:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love the wendys spicy chicken.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:22:01 AM EDT
[#46]
My local one takes for fuckin ever to get food. I can't go on lunch break because I only get 30 mins and that's not enough time to drive there, go thru the drive thru and drive back to work, and it's only about a mile from my work. Bk does have a superior breakfast product in the croissant. If McDonald's made a croissant sandwich, bk would go completely under
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:23:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Went to the one in our town once.
Their food inspection sticker had an “C” rating , I turned around and walked out.
I thought they got closed down for rating that badly, but this one was still in business.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:24:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Only problem here is the long lines wrapped around the building. It moves fast enough though. I'm sure there is a reason Wendys usually has a long line and Burger king is always absent such lines.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not just your town.

Wendy's by me is always fresh and hot.   Only problem is they are always out of something.

Really? I go to Wendy's because I think they have the best fries now, but the lines are ridiculously slow here. There could be 4 cars in front of me and the line might take 35-40 minutes. It's fucking crazy.

Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:24:58 AM EDT
[#49]
I stopped going to Burger King when I drove by one and saw a guy using the mop to wash the dining tables.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:25:13 AM EDT
[#50]
2 within 5 miles. One went under and shut down, hasn't been replaced and the other is next to a McD's and rarely has more than 5 cars usually less in the lot. Drive thru is maybe 1% if the McD's drive thru.
I stopped once about 5 years ago at one off the highway on my travel up north. Saying it sucked would be nice to them.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top