Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 1/23/2023 8:38:51 PM EDT
So let's say your neighbor in your affluent suburb community has a son who just came home from college and is living with mom and dad. Now every time you are in your back yard you're greeted by skunk weed. No big deal, it was your choice to live that close to your neighbors, they can smoke whatever they want, you regularly treat them to smoke from your pellet smoker and grill in your outdoor kitchen, etc etc.

Now for the past couple weeks you've been seeing more cars stopping by for a few minutes. That's sort of weird, what kind of friends just stop by to say hi from their car window and give a high five? Whatever, must just be kids these days.

Then today you come home and your wife and daughter are out front playing, and you see a beat up Charger with body damage and a headlight out and 5% tint on all windows stopped in the street by your driveway. Well look at that. The neighbor kid comes out, gets into his new expensive truck, grabs something, hands it through the Charger window and takes something in return.

No, not good old Johnny next door. Not infront of your 2 year old. You can't believe your eyes so you check your cameras. Sure enough. You saw what you saw.

Now, in general, you're a live and let live kind of guy. Want to do drugs? Good on you brah. However, are you a little perturbed that now you're having ghetto trash stopping by your neighbor's house to exchange goods while your family is in the front yard? Or do you just pay no mind and let it go?
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:40:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So let's say your neighbor in your affluent suburb community has a son who just came home from college and is living with mom and dad. Now every time you are in your back yard you're greeted by skunk weed. No big deal, it was your choice to live that close to your neighbors, they can smoke whatever they want, you regularly treat them to smoke from your pellet smoker and grill in your outdoor kitchen, etc etc.

Now for the past couple weeks you've been seeing more cars stopping by for a few minutes. That's sort of weird, what kind of friends just stop by to say hi from their car window and give a high five? Whatever, must just be kids these days.

Then today you come home and your wife and daughter are out front playing, and you see a beat up Charger with body damage and a headlight out and 5% tint on all windows stopped in the street by your driveway. Well look at that. The neighbor kid comes out, gets into his new expensive truck, grabs something, hands it through the Charger window and takes something in return.

No, not good old Johnny next door. Not infront of your 2 year old. You can't believe your eyes so you check your cameras. Sure enough. You saw what you saw.

Now, in general, you're a live and let live kind of guy. Want to do drugs? Good on you brah. However, are you a little perturbed that now you're having ghetto trash stopping by your neighbor's house to exchange goods while your family is in the front yard? Or do you just pay no mind and let it go?
View Quote

Demand 10% for you, Big Guy.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Could everyone stop getting shot!?
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:43:23 PM EDT
[#3]
we had such a neighbor. including all the traffic into our cul-de-sac.

became entertaining once we had the swat team stacked in the alley next to our house getting ready to move in on the drug dealer's house....
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Protect your family by what ever means necessary.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:43:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Accidents happen
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#6]
delete this thread.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:44:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd mind my own business
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd invite the man into his life.  They can set up surveillance from my place.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:45:03 PM EDT
[#9]
If I knew the parents I might speak to them first.  If not the cops.  That kind of shit invites unwelcome people and will destroy your home value…
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:46:03 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Prayers up that your 2 year old makes a full recovery
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:46:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Time to take up a real obvious photography hobby.

I used to live on a dead end street.  There was a high school age kid who would park in front of my house and smoke weed.  One morning I walk out with my camera rolling getting him smoking, his plate.  The kid was oblivious to me for a about a minute.  He nearly jumped out of his skin when he saw me outside the car with the camera rolling.  Never saw him again.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:46:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Concerned neighbor phone call to the PD. That's my only guess of what might work. Use someone else's phone to call though. Don't get involved.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:46:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Are you worried about a stray drive by bullet?

Just trying to help assess the risk to you and yours.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Confront the parents.

Yard sign saying "Police this is the wrong house. Drug dealer lives there -------->   "
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:48:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
delete this thread.
View Quote

It's always on the web
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Thought you guys love freedom and hate government overreach?
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:48:35 PM EDT
[#17]
In minecraft, 37mm flare through the window?
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#18]
"Swatting" isn't just for flies...
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Thought you guys love freedom and hate government overreach?
View Quote

Federal gov..
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Bump up your home owners issuance.

Buy a security camera, point it at his front yard.

Get a super obvious one, 4k, night vision, etc.

After a month put a sign up that you're forwarding all footage to the sheriff.

Make a claim when the dumbass burns your house down.

Move to a plot without neighbors.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:53:14 PM EDT
[#21]
I’d go check his prices and then undercut him.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#22]
OP, here is another thought....

I have only worked 1 legitimate home invasion robbery. The only reason this was a legit home invasion robbery was because they went to the wrong house. They went to the neighbors.

It is not uncommon for thugs and dopers to hit the wrong house or mistake their target and an innocent gets harassed.

I could care less what a neighbor does.... until it starts directly influencing me. He can go sell his dope somewhere else.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:54:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Buy some drugs?
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Might be Pokémon cards.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:57:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Talk to the home owner and express your concerns.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Your neighbors didn't beat their kid enough.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#27]
This is dangerous and escalating out of control. End it now while you can, invite the man into their lives.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#28]
I’d mind my own business. Is he selling drugs to your 2 yr old? Are your neighbors friendly towards you?
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This is dangerous and escalating out of control. End it now while you can, invite the man into their lives.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:01:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Do we live close to each other?

You just described my neighbor to a t but he's still in highschool (if he hasn't dropped out yet).
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:01:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Confront the parents.

Yard sign saying "Police this is the wrong house. Drug dealer lives there -------->   "
View Quote
Chevy Chase - "Modern Problems" Yes! ahhh hahahaaaaa I Like It

Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:02:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I would probably ask what kind of drugs he’s dealing, cocaine? opiates? Psychedelics? Some weird shit I’ve never heard of?
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:02:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Don't get involved. He will dox you and your family. You will catch shit all over town. That's the minimum that will happen. The cops are not on your side.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:03:21 PM EDT
[#34]
people wanna be libertarian till it's time to libertarian things
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:04:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Talk to the parents calmly. If they don't do anything about their shit for brains kid "going to ColLeGe," I'd start collecting evidence.

I, like you, do not want trash visiting my neighborhood for their fucking fix.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:05:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I have only worked 1 legitimate home invasion robbery. The only reason this was a legit home invasion robbery was because they went to the wrong house. They went to the neighbors.

It is not uncommon for thugs and dopers to hit the wrong house or mistake their target and an innocent gets harassed.

I could care less what a neighbor does.... until it starts directly influencing me. He can go sell his dope somewhere else.
View Quote

This.

I don't care about dopers. But I don't want them doing it next door, any more than I'd want someone building hypergol rockets behind my fence.

Depending on the court system, local LE, and the laws you're under, it might be possible to get him locked up for a nice happy decade or two. On the other hand, in some areas what he's doing won't even merit prison time. If possible, I'd look to tactically get him arrested with minimal exposure. If that's not possible, more drastic measures might be at hand.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just curious, what part of libertarianism am I violating by not wanting my neighbor constantly having ghetto trash stopped in front of my house?
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:07:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This.

I don't care about dopers. But I don't want them doing it next door, any more than I'd want someone building hypergol rockets behind my fence.

Depending on the court system, local LE, and the laws you're under, it might be possible to get him locked up for a nice happy decade or two. On the other hand, in some areas what he's doing won't even merit prison time. If possible, I'd look to tactically get him arrested with minimal exposure. If that's not possible, more drastic measures might be at hand.
View Quote

Harris County bro. He could run over a nun while drunk driving at 7am and be home for lunch.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Being an actual small "l" libertarian (as opposed to big "L" liberastafarian) doesn't mean "everybody does whatever the fuck they want and smokes crack wherever they want and invites all kinds of trouble into the neighborhood". It means "people stay in their lanes, and actions that negatively impact neighbors will invite consequences from those neighbors".  

Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Just curious, what part of libertarianism am I violating by not wanting my neighbor constantly having ghetto trash stopped in front of my house?
View Quote

is he breaking your nose or picking your pocket?

he is participating in a black market for a product the government arbitrarily and unconstitutionally decided was illegal.

You really don't have much of any say over what someone else does on their own property.

I can certainly understand where you are coming from on this and to some extent empathize with you...
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:19:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

he is participating in a black market for a product the government arbitrarily and unconstitutionally decided was illegal.

You really don't have much of any say over what someone else does on their own property.

I can certainly understand where you are coming from on this and to some extent empathize with you...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dang. Now I know why almost everyone finds libertarians to be retarded.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:21:21 PM EDT
[#42]
When the Charger people show up you know it’s time to do the needful
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:21:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Being an actual small "l" libertarian (as opposed to big "L" liberastafarian) doesn't mean "everybody does whatever the fuck they want and smokes crack wherever they want and invites all kinds of trouble into the neighborhood". It means "people stay in their lanes, and actions that negatively impact neighbors will invite consequences from those neighbors".  

View Quote

an actual small l libertarian...

Where is there people smoking crack wherever they want and also why shouldn't they?

what exact actions are negatively impacting the neighbors? people stoping by and exchanging what may or not be "contraband"

Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:22:09 PM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif

Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:22:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Do you have an H-O-A?

If not, threaten to form one if your neighbors don't evict their kid.  He'll be gone in no time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice that I can rationally state an opposing viewpoint and empathize with you and get called retarded for it.

Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:24:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.  I moved into a neighborhood in the city that was ‘transitioning’, or being ‘gentrified’.  The guy next door to me was a weed dealer.  People would constantly knock on my door at 10 or 11 o’clock at night wanting to buy a nickel bag.  After about the fourth or fifth time, I said fuck it, I’ve had enough.  The next time it happened, I answered the door with just my underwear on, hell, I might have been naked. I didn’t give a damn at that point.  Problem was pretty much gone after that.  Word gets around fast in the hood when a crazy, naked, white guy lives there.  Point is, it takes  just one time for someone wanting to rip off your neighbor and they come to your house by mistake.  My kids were older and living with their mother, so that wasn’t a concern.  But you can bet your ass that I would do whatever I had to in order to make these peoples lives miserable. You might wanna be a little more subtle.   Do these neighbors rent or own?  My neighbor in the hood rented, but the owner got tired of replacing the front door every 2 weeks from the police knocking it off the hinges.  Owner ended up selling to a flipper a little later.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:25:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, and less people are identifying as libertarian because freedom doesn’t mean anything goes and the hard core libertarians can’t grasp the need for rules and laws.  A certain demographic has become convinced that laws and rules don’t apply to them and it certainly hasn’t worked out very well.  This scenario has often gone from a teenager selling a few dime bags with little problems to teenager promoted to selling meth and fentanyl.  I know, narcotics should be legalized and all the junkies will OD and everything will be beautiful because of personal responsibility, but when you have a loved one die in an ER from a non self inflicted medical issue because all the ER  staff are overwhelmed with ODs, it’s a little different.  When these scumbags are still stealing your possessions because legal narcotics still cost money and junkies can’t hold down a job, it’s okay because all narcotics should be legal and it’s the libertarian way.  These discussions usually involve the legal drug user being accountable for their own actions, but our country hasn’t been very good at making everyone accountable for their actions, and narcotics being legalized won’t change that.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:27:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Call the cops, if they don't do anything, he's a criminal informant and they are letting him deal trying to get more evidence against his supplier.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:27:37 PM EDT
[#50]
MYOB

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top