Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2004 7:23:07 PM EDT
www.teamamericamovie.com

I think its a slam on Pres. Bush, they do have him holding a M-16.

ETA:

Trailer link:
www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/team_america/

On the home page for the movie.  Does the M-16 have a Beta mag?

Link Posted: 8/1/2004 7:26:42 PM EDT
[#1]
No it's not.  The creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker were on Drudge radio a minute ago.  The character you think is Bush is not.  It's a character named Chris.  There is no George Bush or John Kerry character in the movie, according to them.

The Drudge story was in response to a white house official learning about the trailer, and jumping to conclusions about the film (can't blame him, I didn't get the trailer at all either).
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, yea I just watched the trailer as well.  Might be pretty funny if it doesnt slam the U.S.A. to hard.

Link Posted: 8/1/2004 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually, if you watch the trailer and read the related story on Drudge, it looks like Trey Parker and Matt stone are bashing the left more than they are Bush.  These guys usually don't pick sides when then do their thing....South Park has always picked on EVERYBODY.  Have to wait and see for sure when the movie does come out, but I bet it's pretty funny.....

--ZERO

Edit--beat me to it Raven...
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a slam on EVERYBODY.

BTW, One of the guys who made it, Trey Parker, is a self-proclaimed and registered Libertarian.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
www.teamamericamovie.com

ETA:

Trailer link:

movies.apple.com/trailers/paramount/team_america/images/TA_qt_main_01.jpg
movies.apple.com/trailers/paramount/team_america/images/TA_qt_main_02.jpg

Im pretty sure thats a 249.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 7:52:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Indeed.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:40:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Drudge has this info on his web page today:

FLASH: The current version of the PARAMOUNT film TEAM AMERICA is a guaranteed NC-17, with surprisingly graphic scenes of puppet sex...

Who is the guy on here that sets up Action Figures and does stories with them?  Maybe he should go and apply for a job with these guys, or something.

Just a thought.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I bet its funnier than hell.

Those guys deifnatley lean to the right if youve ever watched SP or bigger longer and uncut.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:47:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Thunderbirds, loved the show when I was little. Looks about the same thing just better.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
www.teamamericamovie.com

ETA:

Trailer link:

movies.apple.com/trailers/paramount/team_america/images/TA_qt_main_01.jpg
movies.apple.com/trailers/paramount/team_america/images/TA_qt_main_02.jpg

Looks like it takes place in FRANCE (Arc de Triumph, etc)...

Might be funny...

But not if it gets an 'X' (NC-17... PC BS... Just call it 'X' again and be done with it)... 'R' -> fine, but 'X' -> NO.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Thunderbirds, loved the show when I was little. Looks about the same thing just better.

That's exactly what I thought of.. Trey and Matt are geniuses, this should be hilarious. South Park is getting a little long in the tooth, it's good to see them hitting something new.

BWAHAHAHA

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I like the list of names they give in the trailer as "are going to be really mad when they see ..."
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:35:15 PM EDT
[#14]
If I remember correctly, they purposely called Drudge because he was giving everyone the impression, as he talked about the movie, that it was another left-leaning, anti-Bush rant and they wanted to set him straight.  They told him that the movie is actually pro-US for the most part and 'bashes' everyone equally.  It should be pretty funny.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:41:41 PM EDT
[#15]
like everyone has said, the SP guys are equal opportunity bashers....should be pretty funny
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#16]
looks funnier than hell, I'll go see it
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:20:50 AM EDT
[#17]
that moore puppet with a hotdog and stained shirt tells me it can't be too bad

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:24:47 AM EDT
[#18]
tagged
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:27:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Gerry Anderson should be proud.  40 years after he did it first, it's going "mainstream".

HUGE "Thunderbirds" (and everything else Gerry Anderson did) fan checking in.

This film looks like it's going kick some SERIOUS ass.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:02:33 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
that moore puppet with a hotdog and stained shirt tells me it can't be too bad

i know, i like it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top