Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/1/2004 4:42:58 AM EDT
go on, get moving....
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 4:47:39 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
go on, get moving....

not moving too fast today.  both feet on the injured list.

BUT, we're gonna have church right here.  the kids have some friends here who've stayed with us this week, so we'll have some prayer time and a scripture lesson.  

thanks for your encouragement!
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 4:50:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Got an hour or so before I start getting ready. Watching John Hagee right now. If you're a right-wing Christian, it's worth your time to watch him on Sunday mornings.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 4:50:20 AM EDT
[#3]
NO..

I am going to stain the stock from a MN 91/30, and watch and laugh as all the "church" people, speed and break traffic laws so they can "GO TO CHURCH"

No flame against you, but I see it every damn Sunday.......
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 4:50:36 AM EDT
[#4]
sounds wonderful "THE NEW TESTIMENT CHURCH" in action.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 4:52:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Got a couple hours still. . .Don't have to be there till 10:30.

But you can count on my family to fill our pew. . .
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 5:14:22 AM EDT
[#6]
^.

This thread oughta be bumped every Sunday morning.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 5:22:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Everywhere I go is my church, why shoudl I have to move from bed to commune with my god?  You think some 'holy' man is going to have the secrets for you?
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 5:26:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Everywhere I go is my church, why shoudl I have to move from bed to commune with my god?  You think some 'holy' man is going to have the secrets for you?

Link Posted: 8/1/2004 5:30:13 AM EDT
[#9]
No thanks. The Fun show opens again at 10. Made a great trade yesterday. Hope you all enjoy your chosen activities.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 5:31:57 AM EDT
[#10]
church is at 5 pm. I need to go to sleep. I haven't yet.  Starting to get a fateeg headack
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 5:34:09 AM EDT
[#11]
First, I'm agnostic. Second, I've slept three hours in the last 2 days. Third, I'm agnostic. Fourth, pie.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 5:35:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Going to play golf instead.  Besides I am an non-believer
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 5:37:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Head on down to the Triple Rock

Link Posted: 8/1/2004 5:39:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
NO..

I am going to stain the stock from a MN 91/30, and watch and laugh as all the "church" people, speed and break traffic laws so they can "GO TO CHURCH"

No flame against you, but I see it every damn Sunday.......

I am going but I admit I hate seeing that. I drive the speed limit all week and to church on Sunday. If I am late it is because I left home too late, not because I am not driving fast enough. Sadly, I am a minority. Planerench out. BTW I drive the church bus to pick up and deliver children and am as careful as I CAN be. Put effort into driving. I drive like I fly, professional. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 6:29:23 AM EDT
[#15]
holy man!  that conjurs up images of the "jewel of the nile" from the movie of same name or even worse - a jim/tammy faye baker scene!

no, our pastor is just a man.  no more holy than many others.  better than some i'm sure but still just a man.

church is like many other groupings of people - you see the good, the bad, the ugly, the earnest, the fake, the learned and the ignorant.  no more hypocrites there than at a ball game.

i go to be with those i know are of like mind for worshiping the Lord and to encourage them, hopefully learn from the scripture lessons and try to help along others as i can.

except today of course!  gotta learn to wear shoes like the podiatrist said to!
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 6:30:45 AM EDT
[#16]
My daughters pet hamster died last night.  I had to build a small coffin for him/her/it.

We will be buring him this morning.

Link Posted: 8/1/2004 6:31:51 AM EDT
[#17]
If you were God would you go to church?

I'll find him elsewhere, thank you.
Thanks for caring though
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 6:32:13 AM EDT
[#18]
It wouldn't go well with the all the beer I'm drinking right now. They would think I'm evil.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 6:37:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
get up and go to church

I think the local church-going patrons would get pissed at me for making their roof cave in.

If church is considered a structure where people gather to celebrate common beliefs, then I guess I will be attending since I'm going to the Expo Center for the Gun Show this afternoon
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 6:37:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Thanks for caring though

He has been to ours a number of times. You problably wouldn't recongnize Him.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 6:42:46 AM EDT
[#21]
I went yesterday:  Four hours at the range.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 6:44:43 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
go on, get moving....

NO!  I have to work and I also don't want to burst into flames when I cross the threashold.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 6:45:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 6:55:53 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm at work today - again.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 7:00:02 AM EDT
[#25]
If "Church" is the code word for gun Show, I will be there soon..

Link Posted: 8/1/2004 7:02:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 7:03:55 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for caring though

He has been to ours a number of times. You problably wouldn't recongnize Him.

Good one planewrench.
And you are probably correct....
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 9:10:23 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
If "Church" is the code word for gun Show, I will be there soon..

that was a good one, honestly

but i was in church, awesome
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 9:56:14 AM EDT
[#29]
I might have to stop by "Church's Fried Chicken" restaurant for lunch later
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 9:59:11 AM EDT
[#30]
i like pie too!  YAY
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 10:31:30 AM EDT
[#31]
I went to church this morning and had a great time as usual.  

Here are some statistics about church attendance just FYI:

43% of American adults attend church in a typical weekend. (2004)

43% of adults nationwide have attended a church service, not including a special event such as a wedding or a funeral, in the past seven days.(2004) 2002-43% 2001-42% 2000-40% 1997-43% 1996-37% 1992-47% 1991-49%

From the mid-eighties to the mid-nineties, church attendance was on a roller coaster ride. In 1986, 42% of adults attended a church service during a typical week in January. Attendance rose steadily, reaching a peak of 49% in 1991, before beginning a very slow but steady descent back to 43% in January, 2004.

58% of Republicans attended church in a typical weekend compared to 46% of Democrats. (2004)

39% of men nationwide compared with 47% of women have attended a church service, not including a special event such as a wedding or a funeral, in the past seven days. (2004)

Married people are more likely than singles to attend church in a typical weekend: 53% versus 33% respectively. (2004)

Catholics and Protestants had virtually the same likelihood of attending church in 2004. Catholics: 2004 51% 2002 46% 2000 49% Protestants: 2004 52% 2002 53% 2000 47%

Baby Busters are least likely to attend church in a typical weekend (only 30%) versus Baby Boomers (49%), Mosaics (35%), and Elders 54%. (2004)

Attendance levels are still higher in the “Bible belt” areas – the South and Midwest – than in the Northeast and West. 48% of those in the South and 47% of those in the Midwest attend church in a typical week, compared to 41% of those in the West and 35% of those in the Northeast. (2004)

This comes from www.barna.org/cgi-bin/PageCategory.asp#TOP  

Link Posted: 8/1/2004 12:40:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Some Sundays I have better things to do, so I go on Saturday night.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 12:50:08 PM EDT
[#33]
To those who are believers

Hebrews 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldnessb to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,  20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecratedc for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;  21 And having an high priest over the house of God; 22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) 24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

We don't go to church to worship.  We go to a building or facility to worship WITH the church, the body, bride, and people of Christ.  For those who say I don't go to church because of all the hypocrites there, yeah, that is true.  We are all sinners aren't we?  Hopefully the saved sinners will grow up and quit doing those things because it does hurt the testimony of the Lord in their lives.

And no, you can't say your "church" is wherever you are unless you are a part of the church.  God makes the rules on who the church is, we don't.  You can worship God whereever and when ever you want, but Hebrews tells us that believers are to assemble together and other passages indicate on a regular basis for mutual encouragement and building one another up.

Just some thoughts based upon what I am reading in this thread.

Patsue
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 1:12:05 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Head on down to the Triple Rock

Reverend Cleophus!

I loved that part of the Blues Bros.- great film, thanks for reminding me.

And yes, I went to church today. I'm a Southern Baptist, even though I'm a Yankee, about as much a Yankee, as a Yankee could be. Go figure!
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Sorry I was so late to get in the thread.....I was at church.

My Sunday School teacher was out of town, so I taught Sunday School for him.  It was a pleasure to teach.

My little granddaughter sat next to me in church and we had a great time.  

I love church.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#36]
i never miss

i owe it to God for all he has done for me

i show my honor for him by attending, when time is as important as it is in a modern society it can be seen as a sacrafice of sorts to God, proving that he is more important than my free time

i also am encouraged and strengthened in church, inspired...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:35:07 AM EDT
[#37]
I figured this thread needed a bump.

See ya'll there, I hope.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:46:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:56:18 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

You'll be a believer someday but if you wait until you're standing before him it will be much too late.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:02:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Though I've had much more sleep, I'm still agnostic, so I think I'll refrain for now.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:03:29 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Hebrews 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldnessb to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,  20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecratedc for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;  21 And having an high priest over the house of God; 22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) 24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

We don't go to church to worship.  We go to a building or facility to worship WITH the church, the body, bride, and people of Christ.  For those who say I don't go to church because of all the hypocrites there, yeah, that is true.  We are all sinners aren't we?  Hopefully the saved sinners will grow up and quit doing those things because it does hurt the testimony of the Lord in their lives.

And no, you can't say your "church" is wherever you are unless you are a part of the church.  God makes the rules on who the church is, we don't.  You can worship God whereever and when ever you want, but Hebrews tells us that believers are to assemble together and other passages indicate on a regular basis for mutual encouragement and building one another up.

Patsue

So what most are saying here is that if I turn on my TV and watch a church service and get something out of and feel better about myself I'm still going to HELL?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:08:04 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patsue

So what most are saying here is that if I turn on my TV and watch a church service and get something out of and feel better about myself I'm still going to HELL?

If you don't know Jesus Christ as your Savior, then yes, you can watch TV from now 'till Judgement Day, feel as warm and fuzzy as you like, and still spend an eternity in Hell.

He does NOT want that to happen. Neither do I.

If you DO know Him, you also knew the answer to your question before you asked it....
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:16:23 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patsue

If you don't know Jesus Christ as your Savior, then yes, you can watch TV from now 'till Judgement Day, feel as warm and fuzzy as you like, and still spend an eternity in Hell.

He does NOT want that to happen. Neither do I.

If you DO know Him, you also knew the answer to your question before you asked it....

Trying to get it out in the open
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:19:35 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You'll be a believer someday but if you wait until you're standing before him it will be much too late.

+1 Everyone will believe in the end.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:21:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Godless heathen atheist gun nut here...my church is 50 yards long and requires hearing protection...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:24:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Eh, Im getting my shoes on, gimme a minuite.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:25:34 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I went yesterday:  Four hours at the range.

I'm out the door now.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:17:30 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I think you don't understand the purpose of corperate worship.

Church isn't a building,  the Bible says it is "an assembly"  It is people who are in Christ and Christ in them assembling regularly together for encouragment, support network, prayer, singing, and teaching from the Word.

Sadly, what happens in some buildings on Sundays isn't church.

patsue
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:52:11 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
go on, get moving....

No.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:53:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Um, perhaps you weren't aware that today is the first Sunday of football season.

Carry on.    
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top